On a scale of grindy ... to boring how hard is this to 100%?

24 minutes ago, Italianlaaaad2 said:

:/ i thought lego indiana jones was the easiest but how long is this to 100%?

I platinumed and 100% it (PS3 version) many years ago, so if memory serves me correct, it's quite a fun ride, especially if you are a Batman fan. Complete the story, do free play using a guide/videos, etc. and you'll be there in no time! I do remember finding it a bit boring near the end, but I would say it's worth your while if you're interested, it's personally one of my favourite Lego games.

Don't know how long it'll exactly take, but probably somewhere between 20-30 hours.

Hope this helps!

• Like 2

I just finished this about a week ago. I spent about 25 hours on it. The guide on here is very helpful. I would go through the story and have fun. Then get the characters and follow the guide. it is my favorite Lego game so far. It isn't very hard though, maybe 3/10.

If you're used to the current games this one may feel rather clunky since it still plays like the older titles but now it has an open world. With that said this is by no means any harder than any other lego game. As someone who got the plat last month I recommend that you don't skip the end of the level when the game is counting your collectibles. I did it when I was cleaning up the last few minikits and somehow one got glitched. I had to complete the entire game again from scratch.

• Like 2

Thx yall ye.;(??... i hated lego batman 3 too many random quests but ye ps3 era felt like best of everything the open world aspect is growing on me but i do miss the simpler times of finish chapter freeplay get bricks etc, and its good they still let u use cheat codes instead of newer stuff gave up on lego hobbit

Edited by Italianlaaaad2
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 20/4/2021 at 2:04 AM, Italianlaaaad2 said:

:/ i thought lego indiana jones was the easiest but how long is this to 100%?

In my case 22 hours.

Enjoy the story and then follow the guide. Get the red bricks, and clean the map getting characters, golden bricks, citizens in peril, etc. When u have done everthing possible, there is 1 door that u need to comeback after with 250 bricks, do the free mode for the levels.

The sandbox for Gotham is nice but at the end it feels like an Assassin's Creed or even the side activities of any Arkham game. Too many. So repetitive and tedious. But is OK. 

• Like 2

I don't think it was too bad personally.  I mean I guess it took some time, however this game was probably the best Lego I've ever played aside from Jurassic Park.  It was fun, the characters were interesting, and everyone had some part in the game even if not in the main storyline.  It just felt completed well.

I don't find it that Grindy, maybe 8 to 16 extra hours of gaming after the storyline levels are done.  However it's WAY shorter than Lego Hobbit or Lego LoTR, those grinds take a long damn time.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/30/2021 at 7:12 AM, Clavietka said:

Just don't play a lego game imediately after another. It gets really tiresome.

Underrated statement of the century.

The game is fun, definitely more clunky since it's an older LEGO game. I wasn't a fan of how they implemented the open world because it feels tedious finding and collecting the end game stuff.

The process of opening the map, scanning, and selecting the dots to track items is a great (and needed) feature in these games, but with how often I access the map and items, it's too many button presses and feels too unresponsive at times. 

• Like 1

“Just don't play a lego game imediately after another. It gets really tiresome”. And yet ppl still do it… 

i think the more important statement was… lego was cool b4 it forced you to do backtracky nonstop repetitive… bs quests over and over because the publisher wanted a change from just freeplay/story fun/randomness….all wb cared or wanted was for the company to grow and so they forced the devs to make the newer games open world… and give up on the fun goofy mumbles and story freeplay with your friend where it lost its charm back when lucas arts or lego batman 1 had all the nostalgia :(..?????☹️☹️☹️☹️

Edited by Italianlaaaad2

On 11/28/2021 at 4:34 AM, DhillsPlats said:

one a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the most boring grindy game possible, id give it a generous 12

I think this is a bit over the top compared to like Mortal Kombat, My Kung Fu Is Stronger.

Lego games are grindy, but they are not 10's, and it depends on the game with IMO Lego Hobbit being a harsh 7 for just annoyance of going back and forth, and day night switching for no damn reason.

Lego games are grindy, Nope…
Again you misread my comment lego indy 1 batman 1 and early star wars were fun they were designed as a kids game enjoyable adding freeplay within the hub ship museum or cantina cave etc to make funny jokes by using mumble slapstick humor back when lucas arts only added 10 treasures and a red brick or parcel it was simple.. now adays they force you to go do side quests backtrack instead of hub areas like the museum from indy or wayne manner batcave. Once they added “ive lost this item… find me it it became dull”

Edited by Italianlaaaad2

• 1 year later...