Flaggable Games

G'day Everyone,

Just a topic which has probably been beaten to death a few times over, Flaggable Games, in particular those trophies which have been unlocked through questionable means.

I have been scouring through disputes over GTAV's PS3 trophies for 'Gone Like The Wind' and players who have levelled to 100 through hacked lobbies.

Rules as stated on the forums:

Flaggable Offenses

Using CFW (Custom Firmware). This includes, but isn’t limited to:

• Installation of CFW on your PlayStation system, resulting in trophies being earned or edited.
  • Modification of the PlayStation operating system, resulting in trophies being earned or edited.
  • Installation of homebrew and/or unauthorized software on your PlayStation, resulting in trophies being earned or edited.
  • Playing in multiplayer games with hacked lobbies, resulting in trophies being earned.

Particularly, 'Playing in multiplayer games with hacked lobbies, resulting in trophies being earned'. 

My main question with this is, there is various disputes where players have been levelled by hackers and obtained the trophies for level 100 etc, also unlocking other online trophies including 'Gone Like The Wind'. How is this pardonable and Black Ops 2's 'Big Leagues' not?

Both games' online trophies were earned through non legit ways after GTAV's bounty system was removed and BO2's league play removed. Does this make sense or is there a pick and choose of what hacks we're allowed to be subject to in online play?

One recent dispute, the member was subject to a hacking group on GTAV and was given levels and trophies without his consent and is crying bloody mercy. Yet on the otherhand i have seen plenty of disputes for BO2 with the same excuse of being exposed to hackers, those people remained flagged and resorting to hiding games. 

I've also heard of proving a player approached hackers for trophies... How do you do that for any game? I could potentially hack GTAV for example and unlock my trophies through CFW the same way people do it and plead ignorance. 

Just a little confused.

Cheers

Modders can’t automatically unlock the Run Like The Wind trophy for you. You still have to survive for 24 in-game hours thereby fulfilling the conditions of the trophy which is why that particular trophy is being given leniency. Black Ops 2 on the other hand can have modders automatically unlock trophies without fulfilling the conditions of the trophy. Of course this info is just from what I’ve read on here. The best answer will come from someone on the CRT.

7 minutes ago, FilmFanatic said:

Modders can’t automatically unlock the Run Like The Wind trophy for you. You still have to survive for 24 in-game hours thereby fulfilling the conditions of the trophy which is why that particular trophy is being given leniency. Black Ops 2 on the other hand can have modders automatically unlock trophies without fulfilling the conditions of the trophy. Of course this info is just from what I’ve read on here. The best answer will come from someone on the CRT.

Alright then that makes a bit more sense. Thanks for the response.

50 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

So while nothing is officially whitelisted or unflaggable, generally we overlook GTA V.

Whereas GTA V you still have to fulfill the trophy requirement if a hacked bounty is placed on you

This is interesting to know! Big Leagues and Run Like The Wind have (very fast) become among the most infamous trophies out there simply for being trophies with removed features in 2 of the most popular games on PS3, so it is nice seeing Run Like The Wind being overlooked to an extent. Though I do still feel personally Big Leagues should stay flaggable as it is impossible to do anymore, whereas on GTA 5 the feature is still technically there, just coded out of reach (I guess that would be the way to put it). I think with some things people really should just let things go. The 3 online trophies in Mortal Kombat VS DC Universe are incredibly easy, but unobtainable since server closure, and I have had to live with it for the last 7 years. Doesn't mean I should use CFW to grant me the trophies! Idk, maybe there is something I am missing about Black Ops 2 and Big Leagues that would make me change my mind, but what it could be? Who knows...

1 hour ago, PatinumNumemon said:

This is interesting to know! Big Leagues and Run Like The Wind have (very fast) become among the most infamous trophies out there simply for being trophies with removed features in 2 of the most popular games on PS3, so it is nice seeing Run Like The Wind being overlooked to an extent. Though I do still feel personally Big Leagues should stay flaggable as it is impossible to do anymore, whereas on GTA 5 the feature is still technically there, just coded out of reach (I guess that would be the way to put it). I think with some things people really should just let things go. The 3 online trophies in Mortal Kombat VS DC Universe are incredibly easy, but unobtainable since server closure, and I have had to live with it for the last 7 years. Doesn't mean I should use CFW to grant me the trophies! Idk, maybe there is something I am missing about Black Ops 2 and Big Leagues that would make me change my mind, but what it could be? Who knows...

I was just under the assumption from the flags section that anything unobtainable through normal means and only obtainable by hacking it was not allowed, I guess its not as cut and dry.

On 4/29/2021 at 3:48 AM, AnOrdinaryBloke said:

I was just under the assumption from the flags section that anything unobtainable through normal means and only obtainable by hacking it was not allowed, I guess its not as cut and dry.

Tbh you should think that, but it really only is somewhat allowed because of time constraints the staff here have. Personally I think maybe more people should be hired onto the CRT, but I doubt anyone else would take the job without pay from the kindness of their heart. Maybe then the rules would be enforced to the absolute degree.

18 hours ago, PatinumNumemon said:

Tbh you should think that, but it really only is somewhat allowed because of time constraints the staff here have. Personally I think maybe more people should be hired onto the CRT, but I doubt anyone else would take the job without pay from the kindness of their heart. Maybe then the rules would be enforced to the absolute degree.

more people did offer to take the job without pay but they refused to hire so its their loss....

48 minutes ago, PS_Bowser said:

more people did offer to take the job without pay but they refused to hire so its their loss....

Really? Was any reason given as to why? The CRT is 4 people. This seems very.....lean indeed! 85,000+ cheaters removed and 4 people to do it! The team needs expanding! 

7 hours ago, PS_Bowser said:

super strict on who they hire

To be fair this is an extremely valid point. They can't just hire anyone, or that will sway a lot of potential disputes the wrong way. It is already bad enough some people here think they flag too many innocent people and let too many cheaters slip, but if they were to hire the wrong person it would not be pretty.

6 hours ago, DaivRules said:

I think anyone who has a site that sells trophy services automatically gets someone excluded. 

What do you mean by that?

3 hours ago, PS_Bowser said:

they dont want someone who knows all the methods to cheat including PS4 and PS5 stuff ;)

I'm pretty sure it's not that, they would love to have someone with great knowledge on how to cheat on PS4 and PS5, what they don't want is someone who can actively damage their work by getting paid on the outside to lift/remove flags while also damaging their reputation as CRT.

• Like 1

On 4/29/2021 at 4:48 AM, AnOrdinaryBloke said:

I guess its not as cut and dry.

No, because players are mostly defenseless. So we'll try to be lenient for the reasons I mentioned.

It's one thing when you can't do anything about someone else hacking you against your will, except by deleting your character and rebooting your account to restart a 200 hour grind (or hope Rockstar fixes it in a ticket) for Rank 100, and / or "technically" earning Run Like the Wind since you're fulfilling the requirements. It's another when entire lists are autopopped, and you have some easier ways fix it in 10 minutes.

On 5/2/2021 at 5:23 PM, PS_Bowser said:

they dont want someone who knows all the methods to cheat including PS4 and PS5 stuff ;)

Even if you don't hack anymore, or sell trophies anymore, you can't be trusted to make a decision, especially since an account you may have touched might dispute. Then you'd be in an ethical dilemma of honoring your contract with a cheater or upholding your duties. If you really want to help, report people.

There's a few good fits for the team in my opinion. It's challenging to become a CRT team member, however. Applicants need at least one - two years of good rapport with the team, with regular correct reports being sent in. Then, you need approval of all four CRT members, and finally you'll need to summon Sly with an internet cat picture, perform a mango sacrificial rite, and hope you're bestowed with a purple glow.

Edited by B1rvine
  • Like 3