TalesofGaming's Trophy Collection

L940689.png

1L92fbc4.png

#87 - Call of the Sea

Loved the story!

My Review: This game honestly has to be one of the best indie games I've played. The story was really good and the puzzles were challenging but not too hard (I only had to look up one puzzle). The voice acting was superb and I enjoyed collecting all of the documents for more interesting story lore. The platinum was really easy and fun too! It was cool finding all the hidden Easter eggs. I highly recommend this game!

Platinum Difficulty: 1/10

My Overall Score: A

• Like 3

12 hours ago, TalesofGaming said:

This game honestly has to be one of the best indie games I've played. The story was really good and the puzzles were challenging but not too hard (I only had to look up one puzzle). The voice acting was superb and I enjoyed collecting all of the documents for more interesting story lore. The platinum was really easy and fun too! It was cool finding all the hidden Easter eggs. I highly recommend this game!

That's great to hear! This is right up towards the tip of my wishlist! Glad to read the endorsement. ?

• Like 2

20 hours ago, TalesofGaming said:

My Review: This game honestly has to be one of the best indie games I've played. The story was really good and the puzzles were challenging but not too hard (I only had to look up one puzzle). The voice acting was superb and I enjoyed collecting all of the documents for more interesting story lore. The platinum was really easy and fun too! It was cool finding all the hidden Easter eggs. I highly recommend this game!

Just had a look and the art style is amazing. If this comes to PS+ I'll definitely check this one out!

• Like 1

L11fa59.png

1L8b6f02.png

#88 - Voice of Cards: The Isle Dragon Roars

Yoko Taro is at it again!

My Review: It is my goal in life to platinum every Yoko Taro game in existence. ? I was a little hesitant to start this game as playing a JRPG with cards was a big turn-off. But, I thought I should give it a chance since Yoko Taro was the creative director. It was really good! It felt a lot like DnD with cards and having Keiichi Okabe's fantastic music in the mix made everything even more magical.

Platinum Difficulty: 3/10

Edited by TalesofGaming
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, TalesofGaming said:

1L73906a.png

#89 - Voice of Cards: The Forsaken Maiden

Been looking at these closely, as I've been getting very into card games of late - great to hear they are good!

Question for you if I may - I noticed there's quite a bit of DLC available for all three games in the series - are these required for any trophy related shenanigans, or purely as extra bonus stuff?

10 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Been looking at these closely, as I've been getting very into card games of late - great to hear they are good!

Question for you if I may - I noticed there's quite a bit of DLC available for all three games in the series - are these required for any trophy related shenanigans, or purely as extra bonus stuff?

Nope! It's just cosmetics if you want to flair up your playthrough. ?

Edited by TalesofGaming
  • Like 1

Just now, TalesofGaming said:

Nope! It's just cosmetics if you want to flair up your playthrough. 1f60a.png

I do like a bit of flair ?...

...but that's good to know! Seems like a couple of these are on sale right now in the UK store, so I reckon I might take the plunge on them then - cheers! ?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

La310ac.png

1Le3a476.png

#90 - Voice of Cards: The Beasts of Burden

Voice of Cards complete! (so far)

My Review: Pretty good entry in the series but I did not enjoy the skill RNG mechanic. The drop rate of these skills I felt, was quite low. Other than that, the characters as always were really great. L'gol had to be my favorite. The story I thought was the weaker one of the three but still looking forward to future entries!

My Overall Score: B+

L9c4de4.png

1Lda6ce1.png

#91 - Seasons After Fall

Cute indie!

My Review: I was participating in the Gaming by Numbers event and needed a shorter game to complete it in time, so I took a look on PS+ and found this cute gem of a game that I saw my friend play before. The animations and music are well done and the platforming was enjoyable and relaxing. The platinum was pretty easy to get which required 100% completion and nothing was missable! I highly recommend this for a relaxing experience.

Platinum Difficulty: 2/10

My Overall Score: B

Edited by TalesofGaming
  • Like 3

Le97340.png

1Lbe8671.png

# 92 - Catlateral Damage: Remeowstered

This game is a masterpiece!

My Review: With me being a crazy cat lover, I just had to play this game. All in all, I can see why cats push things off shelves, it's so fun! ? I was a little worried about some bugged trophies but luckily I didn't have too much trouble. I highly recommend this game for an enjoyable game with shenanigans.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Leb5d9c.png

1L53856d.png

#93 - Hollow Knight

Fantastic game!

My Review: I was wary about playing this game at first due to not being really interested in Metroidvania's very much, but, it was free on PS Plus at one point so thought I should grab it. I did play it on Switch a while ago but got lost really quickly and stopped playing. However, I always end up proving myself wrong cause I ended up enjoying this game in the long run! I very much enjoyed the lore behind the game and the character designs and animations were phenomenal! It was a challenging game and yes, I did use the invincibility glitch for some sections. I didn't use it all the time cause it did diminish my experience a bit when I tried using it on the normal bosses. I, therefore, only used it on the coliseum and the pantheons. I don't know if I'll play the sequel Silksong yet or not, but, we'll see. ?

Platinum Difficulty: 5/10 (With glitch)

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

L607d19.png

1Leb7447.png

#94 - LEGO Harry Potter Collection: Years 5-7

Been a while!

My Review: It's been a while since I've played any games as I was studying for a certification for the past month and managed to pass! Now, it's time to get back to playing games and earning trophies. I got this platinum back in early November and I thought Years 1-4 was better due to the early Harry Potter movies to be more enjoyable. They did improve a lot of the mechanics from the first game such as not many bugs and having a checklist of collectibles for each area. In any case, excited to get back to trophy hunting!

My Overall Score: C

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Ld1f75b.png

1L36826a.png

#96 - Monster Hunter World

I finally did it!

My Review: I had started this game way back in 2018 and only started picking it up again in September of 2022. After getting used to the controls again, I zoomed my way through the story whilst getting the best weapons available to me via base game. This is a pretty grindy plat, but I thoroughly enjoyed my journey as I had some great online friends to give me tips on everything, even how to measure the monsters for a potential crown. For crowns, I got extremely lucky, I got about 5 crowns in the span of an hour with 4 of them being Elder Dragons! Overall, I really enjoyed this game and am excited to dive deep into Iceborne! ?

Platinum Difficulty: 4/10

L7d0ecd.png

1L752fca.png

#97 - Lost Words: Beyond the Page

Cute game!

My Review: Since Hogwarts Legacy will be my 100th plat, I decided to play some quick and fun games to make sure I had enough time. This game surprised me as do a lot of indies. I loved the sketchbook levels as well as when you were playing as the fantasy girl. The story was really good but sad and talked about how to deal with loss. The game is also fully voiced so that's a plus!

Edited by TalesofGaming
  • Like 3

51 minutes ago, TalesofGaming said:

Ld1f75b.png

1L36826a.png

#96 - Monster Hunter World

I finally did it!

My Review: I had started this game way back in 2018 and only started picking it up again in September of 2022. After getting used to the controls again, I zoomed my way through the story whilst getting the best weapons available to me via base game. This is a pretty grindy plat, but I thoroughly enjoyed my journey as I had some great online friends to give me tips on everything, even how to measure the monsters for a potential crown. For crowns, I got extremely lucky, I got about 5 crowns in the span of an hour with 4 of them being Elder Dragons! Overall, I really enjoyed this game and am excited to dive deep into Iceborne! 1f60d.png

Nice work. On my prior account, I came quite close to getting this game's plat. 

...Then my HDD corrupted. I think I was two small crowns away from the platinum. A friend of mine and I are going to be pursuing this one (along with Iceborne) later in the year. Given how close I was, there is no doubt you need quite the constitution to get this one done. Hopefully I'll be able to replicate that effort again. 

I also really enjoyed MH: Rise on my Switch. Wouldn't mind going after that one down the line, some time after the PS launch.

• Like 2

L7debd6.png

1Ld7ff8f.png

#98 - Superliminal

Wacky game!

My Review: Another plat achieved! I played Maquette a couple years ago and really enjoyed it so was on the lookout for more games similar to it. Superliminal caught my attention and man was it a wacky and fun ride. ? The game gets very trippy at some parts and I just love how creative the developers got. The only annoying thing about the trophy list was speedrunning. They really gave no time to screw up much. I made it with 45 seconds to spare.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

L5d454c.png

1L28f343.png

#99 - Behind the Frame: The Finest Scenery

Beautifully done!

My Review: Behind the Frame is a beautiful story about a painter aspiring to have her artwork shown at an upcoming gala. First off, the animation is absolutely gorgeous, it almost looks like a professionally made anime! Secondly, the game mechanics are really relaxing and fun. I am by no means a good artist so it's nice to just color in sections. ? Also, the story was really meaningful and even made me tear up at the end. I highly recommend this game for a nice, enjoyable, and relaxing experience.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

L80dbfc.png

1Lb2aa3d.png

#100 - Hogwarts Legacy

100th plat achieved!

My Review: I've been looking forward to this game ever since it was announced as I grew up with Harry Potter and enjoyed playing the games on the GameCube back in the day. I always wanted a game where I could go and explore Hogwarts in full. ❤️ Hogwarts Legacy definitely delivered on the exploration part. I could tell that people who really loved the series worked on the game. I even enjoyed exploring the Scottish Highlands which made me want to go visit it in real life more! Besides the exploration, I thought the combat was done pretty well. It was very fluid and didn't feel clunky at all. I also thought it was a cool tidbit that you didn't have to learn the Unforgivable Curses if you didn't want to. That is, if you weren't trying to be an anti-hero like me. ? Regarding the story, I thought the prologue was fantastic! They couldn't have opened up the game any better! Although, while I enjoyed Isadora's story, I thought Sebastian's storyline was the highlight of the game. He was definitely my favorite character. Thinking back now, I kind of wish I did the bad ending as the good ending didn't seem that compelling. I may get a lot of raised eyebrows when I say this but, I enjoy collectibles. ? It just makes me happy to see 100% completion on my save file. LOL Overall, I thought the game was really well done minus some QA issues I had.

My Overall Score: A+

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Lbe8770.png

1L99c299.png

#101 - Control

Awesome game!

My Review: This game has been in my backlog for quite a while so finally got around to playing it! At first, I was a bit iffy about it as they didn't open the game the best. The story was very confusing and I had no idea what was going on. After about a few hours though of playing, I started to piece things together. Also, I thought the game was pretty difficult so I turned on Assist Mode to stop from dying so much. ? Overall, I really enjoyed my experience with the game. I especially enjoyed the AWE DLC and will be looking into playing Alan Wake eventually.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Leb6b0f.png

1L451f44.png

#102 - Shadow of the Colossus

Interesting game!

My Review: I'll admit, when I first booted up the game, those controls really bothered me at first. Especially the horse controls. I eventually got used to them but I'm still annoyed at how the horse stops galloping when you turn directions. ? Other than that, I thought the game design was really well done. It was cool figuring out the different ways to kill each colossi. But, what really stuck out to me was the ending. It felt very bittersweet and even brought a tear to my eye. The platinum was a grind though. Luckily, I could grind out max and stamina by just killing the two colossi over and over again to make it faster. The time trials however were the hardest part for me. Luckily, you can just do the normal time attacks to get the hard version items utilizing an exploit.

Platinum Difficulty: 4/10

• Like 2