PSA: Mass Efffect 1 Insanity cheese still works. (spoilers)

On 14/05/2021 at 11:23 PM, xZoneHunter said:

I just tested it myself and the trophy popped so you can still cheese the insanity run on Mass Effect 1: Legendary edition.

Got to give credit to the original finder of this cheese: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/182334-hardcore-amp-insanity-made-easy/

Walkthrough:

1. Make a save after you reach Saren the first time in the Citidel, before you go down to the final fight. Right before you access the console (to save/kill the council) so after the first saren fight.

2. Complete the game.

3. Reload the save you made in step 1.

4. Change the difficulty to Hardcore/Insanity and save over your save from step 1. 

5. Start a new career and import your character that you just beat the game with.

6. Change the difficulty to Hardcore/Insanity while on the Normandy. 

7. When you are on Eden Prime make another separate save.

8. Reload your previous save, verify the game is on insanity from step 4 and beat the game.

does this still work?

On 3/22/2022 at 2:39 AM, Lonemankane said:

does this still work?

Yes. Just tried it myself. 

Like others said, Insanity is pretty easy on ME on NG+. However, I will mention that in the PS3 days, the trophy could glitch, so lots of people were happy that this glitch was there. 

Edited by starcrunch061

4 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

Like others said, Insanity is pretty easy on ME on NG+. However, I will mention that in the PS3 days, the trophy could glitch, so lots of people were happy that this glitch was there. 

that is good but wondering how do you do this glitch to cheese the other mass effect games? like do you need a disc copy to do it and if so can you go from download and disc without losing any saves? like take for example dying light. If you owned the normal game on disc and got some of the dlc and then got the download copy of the following it will pop up and know you got saves from the other one and put it on it to play unlike say wolfenstein 2 or doom 2016

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/24/2022 at 8:27 PM, RedDevil757 said:

I'd sooner not cheat and earn my trophies legitimately. 

Then why post in a thread that clearly states this intention? Come to think of it, why enter the thread at all?

On 3/24/2022 at 7:55 PM, Lonemankane said:

that is good but wondering how do you do this glitch to cheese the other mass effect games? like do you need a disc copy to do it and if so can you go from download and disc without losing any saves? like take for example dying light. If you owned the normal game on disc and got some of the dlc and then got the download copy of the following it will pop up and know you got saves from the other one and put it on it to play unlike say wolfenstein 2 or doom 2016

My understanding is that saves on patch 1.03 still work in patch 1.00.

As far as the glitch goes, I think it registers beating one game as beating any game. Since you beat ME1 three times, the system registers that you beat 3 ME games, and rewards you accordingly.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, starcrunch061 said:

My understanding is that saves on patch 1.03 still work in patch 1.00.

As far as the glitch goes, I think it registers beating one game as beating any game. Since you beat ME1 three times, the system registers that you beat 3 ME games, and rewards you accordingly.

Yeah the saves on patch 1.03 works on 1.00/ unpatched and yeah it works as I done the glitch for all the games insanity trophies. It helps having to do another playthrough of mass effect 2 or even 3. 1 I love the most but 2 was annoying to do on insanity and 3 you have to basically run through so many annoying parts even with a op garrus. namely the parts tied to banishes, getting javki and so on. I will do it on the ps3 one or just cheat it like others with the op garrus but still not a fun time to do the insanity runs.

I believe mass effect 1 done the insanity right as if you got the right build done right you can still one shot anything into oblivion and so on but you can go down just as fast.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...
On 16.05.2021 at 9:37 PM, Salamandxrs said:

Why cheesing.. it s easy on legit

I agree, no need to chees that trophy... Its not so hard as other ppl keep talkig 

Edit: not sure why it doubled it?

On 16.05.2021 at 9:37 PM, Salamandxrs said:

Edited by Ineasnow
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks for the guide and comments. After playing the trilogy multiple times on the PS3 this cheese would be a great way to 100% the games on the PS4/PS5. I am surprised no one has made a video guide detailing the method to do the whole cheese for Insanity I/II/III and Paramour too. 

• 4 months later...

Since this question was left unanswered: this only works for the Insanity I trophy/achievement. If you want to cheese the other Insanity and Paramour trophies/achievements, you can follow the instructions in this trophy guide, it's the main/launcher trophy guide for this game on psnprofiles.com.

• Like 1

On 3/24/2022 at 9:53 AM, starcrunch061 said:

Doing NG+ is a waste of time IMO. You can get to level 28 for the max ME2 import bonuses in one playthrough, and if you play as an adept the game is child's play, especially once you do the lunar VI mission and choose bastion to be able to damage enemies in stasis. 

... Although admittedly I did get to choose the assault rifle specialization due to my trophies despite having lost my OG save data. But that's really overkill and you can use assault rifles regardless. Stasis and barrier are really all you need. (Though CC is overpowered in ME1 so throw and pull are worthwhile too.)

Mass Effect 2 is the one that'll really bust your balls.