Scout Log #9 - Thank me later!

SirDarkStalker

Dudes, 

I swear in Endgame you are supposed to find log #9 in your first blue side room. If it's not in the first room, 99% isn't in later rooms. Just look at YouTube videos or listen to my experience. They are 99% of the time in the first blue room. 

Best strategy for grinding SL#9:

1 - Run to the first open blue side door. 

2 - If it is not our beloved room, just reset the cycle.

3 - go to 1

I did this 3 times today. For myself it took me 35 minutes. For my brother it took 2 hours. For my friend it took 1 hours and 45 minutes. 

Try this for at least 4 hours. I bet my arse you will get it. 

Just now, TrophyClipsYT said:

It will always be in the same blue room, I got mine near the end of the level on one of my first few runs

I don't argue with that. I'm saying that if the room is in your run, 99% it's in the first blue side room. So if the first room isn't the target. Just don't waste time and reset. This will be way quicker. I just did it 3 times today. Other people say it will take 10-20 hours, so I assume this is a good strategy. 

Sorry to say, but i'm totally sure what you say is wrong ;-).

First of all, the "first" blue door does not make sens. Usually in this kind of game, each world is generated at once, at the start of your playthrough or when you take a teleportation gate, etc. Once the biome is generated, each room is fixed and will not change. Since the world is completely generated before you start, there are multiple blue door that could be "the first you visit". And since the biome is fixed once it is created, well, the blue door behind which the collectible lies might totally not be the first you visit.

Now, i agree on one thing: the most efficient way to get this rare collectible is to "bruteforce" it. I'll get back to this.

When i first began to look for collectible, i did biome 1-2-3 in a row. I quickly had the trophy for biome 3, so i could focus on biome 1-2. I missed like 10 collectibles in biome 2 and only the scout 9 in biome 1. So, since i needed to have some good stuff to make my way through biome 2, i tried to 100% biome 1 on each of my run. This means visiting each room, killing all ennemies, etc.

Since i had to complete biome 2 at least 10 times to find all the collectibles, and each run in biome 1 takes like 30 minutes to 100% complete, i could easily say that i spent 5-6 hours in biome 1 without finding scout 9.

Sure enough, i finished the collectible of biome 2 before finding scout 9.

Now i know i could only focus on finding this specific collectible. Let's simply resume what we know with an absolute certainty:

- Each special room can only appear once in a given run

- The special rooms may or may not appear in a run

- Each room has multiple "variant" (the same room size, shape, etc, but with a slighly different layout)

- Scout 9 only appear in a specific variant of a specific room.

- Said room can only appear behind a blue door

Now, how to bruteforce it? It's simple: maximize the number of blue door you enter, and if any variant of the special room you are looking for appear, you know for sure that other variant of that special room will not appear (that's a certainty). So either you found "the good variant", that contains scout 9, or you found another variant, which doesnt contain anything usefull.

I applied that yesterday: play as fast as possible through biome 1 without caring about anything. Just rush through all rooms. Do not kill ennemies, just run. Enter each blue door. If it's not a variant of the room, continue your run. If it's a variant of the room, then you know for sure that either the collectible is there, or you have a bad variant, and you can restart your game.

Rushing through biome 1 takes at most 5 to 6 minutes if you don't care about anything else than the special room. Sure enough, 35 minutes later, i found the collectible.

Since i already spent 5-6 hours in biome 1 after finishing the game,  and i'm pretty sure i already spent at least 10 hours in the same biome in my previous playthrough, i could easily say "it took me 15 hours to find this collectible", like some people said. But here's the thing: i ran through biome 1 like 15 times "in a normal playstyle", and maybe 10 to 15 while specifically searching for this collectible, restarting as soon as i could. The first 15 run through biome 1 took 14 hours in total. The last 15 run took 35 minutes. The only difference is that i was looking for this exact room and rushing through everything else. Which is "kind of" what you did.

The way you did it also greatly improve the ratio between "normal room" and "blue door room". But i'm certain that your theory is just plain wrong: the room can totally be there, even if it's not the first one. And of course, in my case, it was absolutely not in the first blue door room ;).

But whatever, i got the plat yesterday (finished 100% of biome 1-2-4-6 yesterday evening) and already sold the game :). Took me about 62 hours, 35 deaths, 10308 ennemy killed, 111 parasites,... xD

Edited by lesk8vaincra
  • Like 1

Just now, Malice_Mizer said:

Did you restart the cycle whenever you entered a Lockdown room to save time or clear the room out and continue?

Lockdown rooms are easy in biome 1. The melee attack kills the small ennemies in a single hit, and stun the bigger ennemies for some Time. Once they are stunned you can spam the melee attack and they won't recover from the stun before you kill them. So no, i didnt restart the cycle if i encounter one. But you might do so, i suppose. I just didnt want to restart the cycle withiut knowing for sure the room wasnt there :-p

32 minutes ago, lesk8vaincra said:

Usually in this kind of game, each world is generated at once, at the start of your playthrough or when you take a teleportation gate, etc.

Now, how to bruteforce it? It's simple: maximize the number of blue door you enter.

Now now that's the thing I disagree. I've noticed that the whole world does not generate all at once. My game was laggy at times and I clearly noticed that each big room generates "online" or "real time". This is why I insist on the first blue room thing. 

About the brute force: Yes. I noticed that this method (first blue room) maximizes that, as it takes about 30 seconds per blue room, and no lockdown. 

2 hours ago, Anke said:

Well I tried it for a couple of hours so far and of course nothing yet.

I can't begin to tell you how much I hate this game now.

Bet i hate it more right now lol, had to playthrough on 8 fresh new saves to finally get my damn act 2, proficiency 30, and 5 parasites to pop buggy trophies lol, and the kick in the nuts had #9 in one of the saves and now cant get it on this one 6 hours trying lol

• Like 1

Here's an interesting find: I restarted the PS5 and immediately got a rare cipher I needed in Biome 2. After a couple of runs I restarted again and got another straight away, and again got another after a few runs.

Then, this surely must be a thing, I restarted the PS5 again and the first time I ran Biome 1 I got Scout Log #9!

I would love to know from the devs how this level generation works.

What I did: ran through the first biome without killing anything. Blue doors first, then white doors. If the doors will lock, just restart the cycle and try again. I think this is the best method. Found the missing scout log 9 today, but guess what? The trophy did not pop -.-