Platinum Journey Videos

GoonerLukeThe

Not sure if anyone knows of a youtuber called Adam McDermott? but he basically makes videos of his platinum journeys for different games, and they are very entertaining to watch

https://www.youtube.com/user/adammvp

I came accross this channel by accident and now I'm obsessed, does anyone know of any channels that do similar things?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, mareepx said:

I've seen a few of his videos, have been a subscriber for a couple of months and love the content/that style of video, doesn't seem very common though. Eager to see if anyone else knows any similar channels!

I like the way he brings you on the journey and makes you care even if you don't like/never played on that game

• Like 3

Big fan of Adam and his channel! I found him a few months back when I was starting Resident Evil HD remake and was looking for speed run examples or something like that. He did a platinum journey on that game, and by the end of it I was feeling super inspired and pumped up to take on the challenge myself. It was a fantastic motivator! 

All of his platinum journey videos that I’ve seen are well made, and are very interesting and entertaining. He does a great job going through the different trophies and challenges and discussing his process as he goes along. He sometimes does follow up videos also to talk further about his experiences with the games. I also love that he had a great taste in video games and only makes videos on games that are well worth watching & playing yourself.

If you haven’t seen them yet I’d recommend his Dead Space videos. Especially Dead Space 2 if you want to see him raging and getting frustrated. ?

Edit: Forgot to mention, a similar Youtuber you’d probably enjoy is LudiXP. She has a really impressive trophy list and some really fantastic videos. I’d recommend starting with her trophy log video where she walks you through the pen & paper game journal she uses to organize and track all her trophy hunting journeys. It’s fantastic and really cool to watch as I do something very similar! She also does podcast style videos that I like to listen to when I’m mindlessly grinding out tedious shit like XP in games.

Edited by dieselmanchild
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

Big fan of Adam and his channel! I found him a few months back when I was starting Resident Evil HD remake and was looking for speed run examples or something like that. He did a platinum journey on that game, and by the end of it I was feeling super inspired and pumped up to take on the challenge myself. It was a fantastic motivator! 

All of his platinum journey videos that I’ve seen are well made, and are very interesting and entertaining. He does a great job going through the different trophies and challenges and discussing his process as he goes along. He sometimes does follow up videos also to talk further about his experiences with the games. I also love that he had a great taste in video games and only makes videos on games that are well worth watching & playing yourself.

If you haven’t seen them yet I’d recommend his Dead Space videos. Especially Dead Space 2 if you want to see him raging and getting frustrated. 1f602.png

Edit: Forgot to mention, a similar Youtuber you’d probably enjoy is LudiXP. She has a really impressive trophy list and some really fantastic videos. I’d recommend starting with her trophy log video where she walks you through the pen & paper game journal she uses to organize and track all her trophy hunting journeys. It’s fantastic and really cool to watch as I do something very similar! She also does podcast style videos that I like to listen to when I’m mindlessly grinding out tedious shit like XP in games.

yeah Lucy (Ludixp) has a decent channel as well, different style to adam but still enjoyable

another guy is Mystic, especially this video in particular, shame he doesn't do more of it

• Like 2

Huge fan of Mystic, plenty of other awesome content such as Friday episodes of Let's Talk Playstation, the unboxings of games and stuff, the documentaries etc

I'm sure many of us are already familiar with who I'm about to say, but you can't go wrong with a bit of The Completionist. He does all sorts of games on different platforms so it's not predominantly playstation/trophy focused, but it's definitely similar content that is pretty top quality.

• Like 1

Snickel does a similar thing although he mainly streams. He takes a clip from his stream of him going for the final trophy and then gives detailed commentary over it. 

Adam McDermott is amazing and I really enjoy watching his journeys. Been a subscriber for a while and have watched every episode multiple times, he’s a really likeable guy. 

To answer your question I don’t really know of anyone that does it like Adam unfortunately. 

3 hours ago, LukeTheGooner said:

yeah Lucy (Ludixp) has a decent channel as well, different style to adam but still enjoyable

another guy is Mystic, especially this video in particular, shame he doesn't do more of it

Recently started watching Mystic. His Cuphead platinum video was so entertaining and the video you linked is good as well. I enjoy watching his unboxing videos where he buys mystery boxes of games from eBay. 

19 hours ago, LukeTheGooner said:

Yeah in terms of what Adam does, it’s a pretty unique niche and there’s nobody else I’ve found who does it like him. But Lucy is pretty close 2nd as she does a lot of progress videos discussing her journey in different games, and has tons of other great content when it comes to trophies.

Mystic is an amazing channel! I didn’t mention him because he’s not really focused on trophies (although he does have the odd video like the one above), but rather he tends to focus his content on general PlayStation news and topics. The quality of his videos is top notch though.

He’s done several well researched, documentary-style videos exploring big moments in Sony/PlayStation history that are utterly fascinating to watch, and had a lot of content that is very unique. Like buying a 200+ game miscellaneous box of PS3 games from EBay and unboxing it, or going back through his PS3 catalogue online in 2020 and collecting footage while seeing who’s still playing, what servers are still active etc. He is pretty creative when it comes to his ideas and the topics he covers on his channel, so I always enjoy watching in.

Snickel’s “Trophy Talk” videos are decent too if you’re just interested to see what he’s been playing and hear him talk about his goals and achievements while scrolling through his PSNP profile.

Platinumbro is ok also. I’m not a huge fan of him as his trophy list is pretty terrible and most of his videos are focused on clickbaitey topics like super easy and cheap platinums. But a few weeks ago he declared out of the blue that he’s done with trophy whoring and made a video talking about the emptiness of chasing leaderboard ranks with Ratalaika games, and has pledged to change. After that I decided to sub to him and support him on his journey, as it looks like he could be making videos centred around his platinum journeys in the future as he starts playing more interesting games. I’d keep an eye on him for sure.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, LukeTheGooner said:

adam has a new video coming out any day now, gta vice city

should be a decent one from the sounds of his video talking about his experience playing it

That one will be amazing. I love Vice City and would enjoy watching him suffer through the vehicle missions lol

• Like 1

i love his videos. i've watched him for years now. like there's probably a watching someone suffer point can be fun to it that drove me but i also just enjoy the format. its very much not over done if done really at all and the whole i enjoy hearing people talk about games they platinum. i enjoy hearing people talk about the real good parts and really fun trophies and the really sluggish or really hard ones that drive you up a wall that sometimes can't be gotten across by a guide as they can't be overly personal in that way.

• Like 2

• 10 months later...
On 16.5.2021 at 11:29 PM, dieselmanchild said:

If you haven’t seen them yet I’d recommend his Dead Space videos. Especially Dead Space 2 if you want to see him raging and getting frustrated. 1f602.png

If you REALLY wanna see him lose the will to live, watch the Call Of Duty Modern Warfare episode :D that was great!

On 7.4.2022 at 6:29 AM, LukeTheGooner said:

found a new one in the last few weeks, a guy called Nick AR

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS5297aXIngj9gDHAdTerQw/featured

the crash 4 video is very entertaining

Thanks for this, i love those types of videos, and im sick of watching the same ones again when i play games :D (usually have videos playing in the background on my laptop). 

• Like 1

On 2022-04-06 at 9:29 PM, LukeTheGooner said:

found a new one in the last few weeks, a guy called Nick AR

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS5297aXIngj9gDHAdTerQw/featured

the crash 4 video is very entertaining

Found this guy recently and would also recommend. He’s quite entertaining and has some really great videos documenting his platinum adventures, especially with some of his more difficult games.

11 hours ago, TomataEighty9 said:

If you REALLY wanna see him lose the will to live, watch the Call Of Duty Modern Warfare episode :D that was great!

Yeah that one was great, after seeing what he goes through it’s no surprise he counts that as one of his hardest platinums ever. I got a lot of respect for Adam and his determination to do everything legitimately on his own without glitches and cutting corners, even if he shaves years off his life in the process. Sure makes for some entertainment. ?

• Like 2