Which 4 weapons are hardest to lvl?

I forget the names since I already did most of them but I would say the ones that require Forlorn Necklaces since that's one of the harder materials to get because it has a very low drop rate and only drops from specific enemies that either only appear in the Northern Plains in Act II during cloudy weather or on top of the Lost Shrine at the end of the game.

Edited by Redgrave
  • Like 1

I'll pitch in... the one's with the Forlorn Necklaces (x4)... also Subdued Bracelets (x3) are equally painful to get from those flying shades in the desert.

Lily-Leaf Sword (2,400 Gold - Village Blacksmith)
Level 2: Titanium Alloy x3
Level 3: Titanium Alloy x2, Broken Antennea x7, Large Gear
Level 4: Titanium Alloy x2, Forlorn Necklace x2, Pyrite

Kusanagi (Default weapon Part 2)
Level 2: Iron Ore x10
Level 3: Iron Ore x18, Broken Battery x4, Forlorn Necklace
Level 4: Iron Ore x20, Broken Earring, Moldavite

Sunrise Spear (21,600 Gold - Village/Aerie Blacksmith)
Level 2: Silver Ore, Large Gear x2
Level 3: Silver Ore x2, Rusty Kitchen Knife x2, Forlorn Necklace
Level 4: Silver Ore x3, Subdued Bracelet, Pyrite

Axe of Beheading (19,200 Gold - Village Blacksmith)
Level 2: Copper Ore x10
Level 3: Copper Ore x15, Rusty Kitchen Knife x3, Subdued Bracelet
Level 4: Copper Ore x18, Stopped Clock x2, Meteorite

Spear of the Usurper (21,600 Gold - Seafront Blacksmith)
Level 2: Iron Ore
Level 3: Iron Ore x2, Large Gear x2, Subdued Bracelet
Level 4: Iron Ore x5, Broken Lens x2, Pyrite

The Pheonix Weapons are also somewhat a terrible grind simply because they have Eagle EggsGiant Eggs and Black Pearls in all of them. I've only fully upgraded the Phoenix Spear and left the other two out because I didn't fancy reloading a lot just for the black pearls and unlike the NieR PS3 versions we still have to get rid of that beached galleon (mermaid storyline) before we can farm them. They are the only last two weapons I didn't upgrade to Level 4 though the eagle eggs can be collected via the Nightmare Dungeon DLC (third door).

Phoenix Sword (Shadowlord's Castle Crate, Part 2)
Level 2: Gold Ore x2, Giant Egg x2
Level 3: Gold Ore x3, Eagle Egg x2, Complex Machine
Level 4: Gold Ore x4, Black Pearl x5, Moldavite

Phoenix Dagger (31,200 Gold - Seafront Blacksmith)
Level 2: Silver Ore x6, Giant Egg x2
Level 3: Silver Ore x6, Eagle Egg, Broken Earring x2
Level 4: Silver Ore x6, Black Pearl x5, Amber x2

Phoenix Spear (32,400 Gold - Facade Blacksmith)

Level 2: Gold Ore, Giant Egg x2

Level 3: Gold Ore x2, Eagle Egg, Broken Wristwatch

Level 4: Gold Ore x3, Black Pearl x5, Moldavite

So it's really up to you which one you could manage to complete its rare material requirements.

Edited by eispan71
  • Like 1

The worst are :

Phoenix Sword (needs 2 Eagle Eggs)

Phoenix Dagger OR Phoenix Spear. I'm putting OR, because 1 Eagle Egg is easily obtainable with a quest in Act 1 (just don't turn in the quest). Plus 3 out of 5 Black Pearls are easily obtainable by picking one guaranteed while going for Endings A,B,C since they spawn at the lower room of the Postman office. So you only need to farm 2 from the beaches.

For the other two weapons, you can pick between Iron Will (needs 5 Memory Alloys) and the weapons that need the 4 Forlorn Necklaces or the 3 Subdued Bracelets.

In my experience though, Bracelets are worst than Necklaces.

In Northern Plains there are 6 Shamans and on top of Lost Shrine you can easily farm another 3. But always try on Hard.

Also you can get at least one easily while doing the quest Disturbing the Sleep of Kings. You can save just outside the boss room. In there you can fight 4 Shamans and if they don't drop it, just reload before killing the boss.

For Bracelets you only get 3 Wizards at Desert. But you can attempt to play the last dungeon on Hard and see if you get lucky there. You can fight around 10-15 in the dancing room.

In my run, i didn't upgrade Phoenix Sword, Phoenix Dagger, Iron Will, Spear of the Usurper

Edited by sephiroth4424

14 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

The worst are :

Phoenix Sword (needs 2 Eagle Eggs)

You can get Eagle Eggs from the diary in doorway 3. Not always, but you can. Also titanium aloy is a 100% drop there and I didnt know that until painfully farming the robots for the them.

10 minutes ago, Ptirle said:

You can get Eagle Eggs from the diary in doorway 3. Not always, but you can. Also titanium aloy is a 100% drop there and I didnt know that until painfully farming the robots for the them.

I played that only once and didn't get any but indeed i read before you can farm there. But doing the whole thing on Hard, still take a long time, plus you will have to farm Black Peals.

While going for Memory Alloys, you will get more Titanium that you will ever going to need. While farming for 8 MA, i got so many spare TA. I turned in all quests that needed 10 of those and still have 15-20 

Edited by sephiroth4424
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, sephiroth4424 said:

... 3 out of 5 Black Pearls are easily obtainable by picking one guaranteed while going for Endings A,B,C since they spawn at the lower room of the Postman office. So you only need to farm 2 from the beaches.

Woah I didn't know about this! Care to elaborate more on how to get this and where exactly is it located. One free black pearl for each ending is good enough for me! I'm playing the JP version and I'm struggling a bit trying to 'deciphering' kanji so every would little help a lot... Thanks!

Edited by eispan71

37 minutes ago, eispan71 said:

Woah I didn't know about this! Care to elaborate more on how to get this and where exactly is it located. One free black pearl for each ending is good enough for me! I'm playing the JP version and I'm struggling a bit trying to 'deciphering' kanji so every would little help a lot... Thanks!

It's in the postman office, downstairs in the back room after you solve the mini-puzzle.

It respawns each time you start a new playthrough, so for Endings A,B,C you get at least 3

• Like 1

On 21/05/2021 at 10:58 AM, sephiroth4424 said:

It's in the postman office, downstairs in the back room after you solve the mini-puzzle.  It respawns each time you start a new playthrough, so for Endings A,B,C you get at least 3

I'm gonna have a look at this one, this is new to me! Wow thanks for this great find! Cheers man!

EDIT: How do we exactly do this? Is there a specific time we should check to collect it? I've been in and out the back room from time to time and I can't seem to find one. Reddit also talks about this so I have no doubt that they exists. However no info on exactly how to pull this one off is available. Anyone care to elaborate? I just need 4 now to complete the set of 15 so I'm not far behind to fully get the Phoenix weapons done - just one to go!

Edited by eispan71

On 5/21/2021 at 8:20 AM, Ptirle said:

Also titanium aloy is a 100% drop there

I woudn't really put any pressure on titanium alloy, you will collect more than enough while going through junk heap while doing endings and later on for grind, i ended up having 70 titanium alloys before even thinking about having to grind it

• Like 1

10 hours ago, virianna said:

I woudn't really put any pressure on titanium alloy, you will collect more than enough while going through junk heap while doing endings and later on for grind, i ended up having 70 titanium alloys before even thinking about having to grind it

I fully agree with this statement. However Memory Alloy will be a different story which is why we'll all end up with so much Titanium Alloys because of grinding for them. Though they won't be as hard as the notorious Forlorn Necklaces, Subdued Bracelets... these ones will be taking the piss...

Edited by eispan71