My Rarest Platinum

I am both equally embarrassed and also incredibly humbled to know that this is currently the rarest platinum in my collection to date and likely will be for a very long time (until I eventually finish Stardew Valley which could be years away knowing me)

It’s certainly not the coolest game to brag about having the platinum for, but just knowing I’m part of a very small group of people who love and cherish (and, at times, tolerated) this forgotten sequel to one of my favorite games of all time makes it all worth while! 

Yes, it was a buggy mess and yes, it was incredibly short, and yes, it may have completely killed the franchise, but I honestly can’t remember the last time I had this much fun chasing down a platinum. I loved every moment that I spent with this game and I hope for the chance to platinum it again with (god willing) a remaster at some point in the future (Wishful thinking I know)!

• Like 1

Well I really enjoy the Epic Mickey series, so I certainly took my time with the game. But I’d say and average platinum run could be done in an afternoon with a guide. 

As far as advice, SAVE OFTEN and backup to the cloud whenever you get a chance so you can always fall back on an old save if you need to!! I love the game, but she’s a buggy mess. Sometimes Lucky Emblem photos won’t register, sometimes the Player 2 AI will screw your over (keep a second controller close by for those moments).

All in all, not a hard platinum, just a little frustrating at times. I’d say if you’re going guide-less, be prepared to do a second play through WITH a guide, cuz some of the side quests for the Perfectionist trophy are very particular. 

Keep in mind though that a second play through IS ALREADY REQUIRED in order to get the Off the Rails achievement, but you should only need to play up to the midpoint to receive this trophy (and considering the game is literally 2 hours long, it’s no biggie)

I’m sure I’m missing something crucial, but that should give you a rough idea of things to look out for. Lemme know how it goes if you decide to try for it though!

• Like 1

The problem with this game was the FFX-2 syndrome. The game itself was fine, but so many fragile objectives (stuff can still disappear from the world if you quit to XMB without seeing any auto-save icon) and it only takes 1 of them to force you to a save backup or even worse a complete do-over. I commented on the PSNP guide, recommending this one GameFaqs guide in lieu of watching videos (for various reasons) but my comment was deleted ? that text and photo guide worked so well for me!

I also find it hilarious that the in-game achievement checklist included “Off Track,” while not carry over anything from a previous playthrough as it was mutually exclusive with all the completion related achievements.

Edited by EqualityEarth
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, papanikolaou said:

Do you have any specific tips for the platinum? And how many hours did you spend to get it?

The problem with this game is if you don't do some side missions or getting pins in a special order you can't get them in your playtrough and I heard some side missions can glitch but I hadn't any glitches luckily.

There is a yt playlist from a guy who did an 100% playtrough with all collectibles and side missions. I followed this guide and got everything with not a single problem.

• Like 3

On 28/05/2021 at 2:58 AM, papanikolaou said:

Do you have any specific tips for the platinum? And how many hours did you spend to get it?

Be prepared for glitches and bugs they will happen trust me, so backup your save as much as you can! 

• Like 1

i played this game a little bit and I didn’t platinum, but I know it’s always good to platinum rare and hard games, i probably took more than 50 hours to platinum the gta 5 and I don't regret it, and I will do it again on ps4, the feeling of complete a game 100% and after get the platinum it is inexplicable ??

Edited by Allan55-
  • Like 1

I did a guide free playthrough for fun the first run and got the trophy for letting the train stations get trashed. Used a guide for the 2nd run to get perfectionist.

It's a good fun little game if you're not bothered by trophies though, which is why I'd recommend playing without fixing the trains first (although the trains certainly make travel faster)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 24.05.2021 at 5:56 AM, ngreen5556 said:

I am both equally embarrassed and also incredibly humbled to know that this is currently the rarest platinum in my collection to date and likely will be for a very long time (until I eventually finish Stardew Valley which could be years away knowing me)

It’s certainly not the coolest game to brag about having the platinum for, but just knowing I’m part of a very small group of people who love and cherish (and, at times, tolerated) this forgotten sequel to one of my favorite games of all time makes it all worth while! 

Yes, it was a buggy mess and yes, it was incredibly short, and yes, it may have completely killed the franchise, but I honestly can’t remember the last time I had this much fun chasing down a platinum. I loved every moment that I spent with this game and I hope for the chance to platinum it again with (god willing) a remaster at some point in the future (Wishful thinking I know)!

I had the same feeling, when I got the plat in 2013 and now I've done it on the Vita, too and still feels great ^^ it is a short game, but it's fun to play and the side quests were really enjoyable. The Oswald AI's stupidity is getting on the nerves sometimes and Gus saying "good job!" every 5 minutes was irritating for me, but overally I had a great time, even though both times my game glitched at the end of my 100% playthrough and I had to start over :|

If you liked it, try Doki Doki Universe. A really fun indie game

• Like 1