Is this considered the most friendly trophy hunter Tomb Raider Reboot game?

I’ve played Tomb Raider on 360 and Rise of the Tomb Raider on PS4.

Tomb Raider was released at a time where every single player game added a worthless multiplayer, and Rise of the Tomb Raider had those awful time attack/score challenges. Along with some boring DLC (one of which requiring co-op).

From what I can tell this game has no online trophies whatsoever, has no base game time attack trophies, each DLC can be done in about an hour & the time attack challenges it has are simply for completing them once.

Would you agree that this is the most trophy hunter friendly game in the reboot trilogy? I’m not talking about how the game plays at all, I have no clue, maybe it has the worst characters, story (which the two previous games had awful characters & story so being worse isn’t really saying much), gameplay, locations, weapons, set pieces, etc.

Edited by OmegaRejectz

Yeah, it is. The closest thing to a hard trophy in this game is the deadly obsession trophy and even then its only slightly challenging because you can only do manual saves(which there are plenty of bonfires) and there is like one really long section mid game that you cant die in because there was a pretty long gap between save points. Id still say the first game has an easier campaign but the lack of online or challenge trophies(that require you to get a super high rank) makes it an easier plat overall.

Definitely the easiest. Also, the Deadly Obsession difficulty is not that bad, you're most likely to die because of climbing/jumping than from enemies. The annoying thing is, as others have mentioned, the checkpoint thing which doesn't make the game difficult but just annoying as you have to replay whole sections. Also get all combat-related trophies on your first playthrough as enemies, unlike Rise, don't respawn. 

On 30/05/2021 at 11:45 PM, OmegaRejectz said:

I’ve played Tomb Raider on 360 and Rise of the Tomb Raider on PS4.

Tomb Raider was released at a time where every single player game added a worthless multiplayer, and Rise of the Tomb Raider had those awful time attack/score challenges. Along with some boring DLC (one of which requiring co-op).

From what I can tell this game has no online trophies whatsoever, has no base game time attack trophies, each DLC can be done in about an hour & the time attack challenges it has are simply for completing them once.

Would you agree that this is the most trophy hunter friendly game in the reboot trilogy? I’m not talking about how the game plays at all, I have no clue, maybe it has the worst characters, story (which the two previous games had awful characters & story so being worse isn’t really saying much), gameplay, locations, weapons, set pieces, etc.

Yes, I think it probably is, but I would say, if you didn't enjoy the first two games, it is highly unlikely you will find much to like in this third entry, I'm afraid.

Personally, I liked it - I'd say Rise was my favourite, then this one, then the original reboot, but there is little mechanically or narratively different in terms of style or implementation, so if you were not a fan before, I can't see you having much of a good time with this one-  probably best to give it a swerve.

Yeah, I'd say so. Which is pretty ironic, because it might be the most difficult game in the trilogy, if we strictly talk main games and not the bonus stuff. The Deadly Obsession difficulty is not that difficult, but it's pretty unforgiving with its checkpoints, so a mistimed platforming jump can cause quite the headache after a while.

The reason why it's easier than the previous two overall is, that Tomb Raider has horrendous multiplayer stuff besides the main game, which takes forever, and Rise of the Tomb Raider has all those Score Attack challenges besides the main game. I don't remember the Score Attack challenges being super difficult, but they were more skill-based than anything else in the three games, I feel.

• Like 1