Some quick questions

Hello!

I would like to return to the game when the new expansion releases and have a few questions:

- I heard that trophies auto-pop from PS4 to PS5 when I use the same account. BUT, do they auto-pop if I make a "new" character on PS5? Would like to start completely fresh on PS5.

- Am I able to switch between PS4 and PS5 versions when I upgrade? You lost access to the PS3 version when you upgraded to PS4. Not sure if it's the same case here.

- Speaking of upgrades, are expansions bought on PS4 also free to upgrade? 

Hey,

- They don't really Auto-Pop. You would always need to get XP, finish a quest and stuff like that to trigger the trophies. Playing with a new Character would require to do every trophy progress from start because they are bound with the ingame achievements and every new character starts with 0 achievements.

- Yes, you can always switch back and forth.

- Yup they are Licensed as PS4/PS5 Expansions on your MogStation. You would only need to buy the PC Licence of the Expansions again.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, YesImAPwnda said:

Hey,

- They don't really Auto-Pop. You would always need to get XP, finish a quest and stuff like that to trigger the trophies. Playing with a new Character would require to do every trophy progress from start because they are bound with the ingame achievements and every new character starts with 0 achievements.

- Yes, you can always switch back and forth.

- Yup they are Licensed as PS4/PS5 Expansions on your MogStation. You would only need to buy the PC Licence of the Expansions again.

Thanks a lot for the answers! ?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm going to hijack that topic to ask few questions of mine:

- if i start now,would i be able to see entire content from scratch with all the raids and bosses and beat them to see everything like it was or is it like WoW that every expansion make all other content in the game pointless and obselete?

- do i need to be in a guild to see raid bosses and endgame? Do i need to play everyday grinding just to keep up?

- is plat obtainable solo?Without skilled group of players?

55 minutes ago, yoszek said:

I'm going to hijack that topic to ask few questions of mine:

- if i start now,would i be able to see entire content from scratch with all the raids and bosses and beat them to see everything like it was or is it like WoW that every expansion make all other content in the game pointless and obselete?

- do i need to be in a guild to see raid bosses and endgame? Do i need to play everyday grinding just to keep up?

- is plat obtainable solo?Without skilled group of players?

#1 - Yes, everything is still available and the majority of content is still regularly run due to the roulette systems including almost all content. The only stuff you can't really access via that is the original game (A Realm Reborn) 8man raids (Coils of Bahamut) and older Extreme (although Extremes aren't relevant for trophies) and Savage content, as people don't regularly queue up for those using the normal queue system. However, there is a Party Finder system where you can put up a request for any content you wish, you can ask specifically for running it as if it was current content via syncing item levels if you want, or run it overlevelled and overgeared. There's usually people around who'll be up for running older content whenever you want to.

#2 - Regular raid bosses (8man and 24man) and endgame dungeons are all very easy to join pick-up groups and clear without a set party or even much communication a lot of the time. As for needing a guild, see #3. FFXIV is also designed for people to be able to play when they want and stop when they want, the dev team has stated this many a time and the game is build around this mentality in a lot of ways, so in most cases you can play casually and see almost all content, even though it'll take a while.

#3 - Solo is impossible, as even the core trophies required for Platinum need you to do the Realm Reborn 24man raids, as well as the Coils of Bahamut 8man raids, plus the Second Coil Savage content. Whilst it IS possible to run Coils 1-4 + 6-8, and 6-8 Savage solo with a heavily geared character at 80 these days, Coil 9-12 is either impossible or extremely tough alone, and 5 is very difficult solo too. The 24man raids are also impossible to solo, atlhough they're pretty easy with a pick up group. As for 100%, the trophies include current endgame Savage content which absolutely requires a full 8 man party of competent players, almost certainly with full communication as well. If they'll be adding more trophies with the upcoming expansion, they'll likely continue in this same pattern and current endgame Savage content is HARD.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Seasonreaper said:

#1 - Yes.....

Thank you for very detailed answers. As of solo question-i meant that if i would be able to do everything with randoms. I should have structured that question differently.

But if i start the game i would definitely want to see everything and get 100%. So if savage content requires full comminication and some good ppl that means i will have to dedicate myself to this game for a quite long. Hmmm,still thinking about it.

My intrest in it spiked a lot lately,mainly becouse a lot of channels i watch on yt talk about how good it is and how WoW's self destruction path led to huge surge of so called WoW refugees to it. And new expansions is coming in couple of months. Seems like a really good time to jump in,but my backlog of very long RPGs and other games (and other FF's still sealed) that are "must play" waiting on shelf is just like "bro...really?",,,,

You'll invest hundreds of hours into the game before coming to the few raids you actually require a capable group for. And that is only the case until the next expansion hits.

Feel free to correct me, but only the three savage trophies of the Shadowsbringers list require skill and time investment. While the other savage trophies are not trivial, I think each of them can be done on a single evening with a pre-made group and one person explaining the mechanics unsynced (which means you can run them with your current level and gear, so way above what the raid what designed for).

100% in this game will most likely always mean that you have to have finished the currently hardest raid in the game which requires time and dedication indeed. Everything beside that is just a huge grind, especially for new players (and I mean really huge, thousands of hours if not perfectly planned from the beginning). But that can be done on your own pace.

• 3 months later...
On 7/22/2021 at 8:46 AM, bioxz said:

Everything beside that is just a huge grind

Oh definitely, the Made to Order and Living off the Land trophies are even worse grinds than the ones in the PS4 version. The Levequest trophies there were bad grinds because they were time-locked due to how allowances are doled out over real time. However, you could eventually get 1000 levequests after 166 days as long as you burned off all your allowances when they capped. The collectible trophies are far worse because you can't sell collectibles to vendors, you have to physical discard them from the inventory, making it SLOW AND TEDIOUS. Because of that... I have to cancel FFXIV as my 200th platinum because it'll take hours to get 8000 gathered collectibles and 5000 crafted collectibles(and I will need over 3 million gil to get the components to craft the remaining 4525 collectibles I need so I will have to get stuff and sell it on the marketboard, meaning even more time wasted waiting for some dope to waste their money on my junk), so yeah, you'd better lock yourself up and put on some relaxing music if you intend to marathon this.

And yes, everything requiring dungeons or duty finder content can be done with randoms.