Game was updated with the option to transfer your save to PS5 (Trophies will autopop)

does anyone know if the auto-pop works in both directions?

for example: i’ve just got to finish hard mode and clean up a couple misc trophies to finish the ps4 list, but if it was possible, i’d like to do the rest of it using the better-looking PS5 version of the game.

could i transfer my save and finish off the plat on PS5, then load back up the PS4 version and have the remaining trophies auto-pop there? or is it a one-time trophy/data transfer, meaning i have to finish the plat on the PS4 version first and transfer every trophy in one go?

Edited by JD-D2

28 minutes ago, JD-D2 said:

does anyone know if the auto-pop works in both directions?

for example: i’ve just got to finish hard mode and clean up a couple misc trophies to finish the ps4 list, but if it was possible, i’d like to do the rest of it using the better-looking PS5 version of the game.

could i transfer my save and finish off the plat on PS5, then load back up the PS4 version and have the remaining trophies auto-pop there? or is it a one-time trophy/data transfer, meaning i have to finish the plat on the PS4 version first and transfer every trophy in one go?

I only have a download data option on the PS5 version, so I'm afraid no.

5 hours ago, PETMAN3000 said:

thanks ! can you post the trophy descriptions?

Minor spoilers, although most of it was already announced via teasers and stuff, so it should be fine.

Spoiler

- Complete Chapter 1 of INTERmission :bronze:
- Complete Chapter 2 of INTERmission :bronze: 
- Complete both INTERmission chapters on Hard difficulty :silver: 
- Collect all Happy Turtle Flyers :bronze: 
- Become the Fort Condor grandmaster :bronze: 
- Become the Fort Condor grandmaster on Hard difficulty :silver: 
- Obtain all Materia available from Shinra Box Buster challenges :bronze: 
- Defeat the Pride and Joy Mk 0.5 :silver: 
- Defeat Weiss :silver:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SunnyCrappyYT said:

I only have a download data option on the PS5 version, so I'm afraid no.

Minor spoilers, although most of it was already announced via teasers and stuff, so it should be fine.

Hide contents

- Complete Chapter 1 of INTERmission :bronze:
- Complete Chapter 2 of INTERmission :bronze: 
- Complete both INTERmission chapters on Hard difficulty :silver: 
- Collect all Happy Turtle Flyers :bronze: 
- Become the Fort Condor grandmaster :bronze: 
- Become the Fort Condor grandmaster on Hard difficulty :silver: 
- Obtain all Materia available from Shinra Box Buster challenges :bronze: 
- Defeat the Pride and Joy Mk 0.5 :silver: 
- Defeat Weiss :silver:

danke ^^

On 05/06/2021 at 5:47 PM, turniplord said:

Simple solution. Don't import anything and play it on normal from scratch, earning trophies. Then, when you're ready, import your save and it'll auto pop the remaining trophies.

Thanks for this, the way others have posted it implied you either auto popped all or nothing.

Need confirmation on two queries - 
1. I see there are 3 stacks for the PS5 version but just the one for the PS4 version. Does this mean there's some sort of conversion of uploaded saves to match the store region you bought the game off from and pop 1 plat or does it auto pop all stacks? Afaik, it should pop just one plat but then this is the first time I am seeing something like this.
2. I think in Spiderman Remastered you got the plat on PS5 based on the trophies you got for the PS4 version and not just the progression of the uploaded save file (correct me if I am wrong). Does FF7R pop trophies based on the uploaded save file progression or does it tie in with your profile?