The Last Hero & A Man of Principle Trophies from Sam's Story Bugged

OSU_BUCKS_2LAZ

1 hour ago, affmees said:

The Last Hero and A Man of Principle didn't unlock for me so i did a full PS5 reset and tried to use my endgame save, still neither unlocked. So now i did another full reset and will try to do another run without using the old save.

Keep up to date, maybe it will work out

The Last Hero and A Man of Principle didn't unlock for me so i did a full PS5 reset and tried to use my endgame save, still neither unlocked. So now i did another full reset and will try to do another run without using the old save.

Assuming you already got Untouchable, you might want to play on Reader difficulty or intentionally die during the Batwing fight to ensue that it doesn’t interfere somehow with you unlocking the last two trophies. I suspect completely deleting all previous saves and starting from scratch would work assuming the problem is something that gets written into the save files themselves when you play the first time which carries over to subsequent playthroughs, even in the same slot.

I noticed on my second playthrough of Sam’s Story to get Untouchable (which didn’t unlock) that I got Lord of War earlier than expected. Despite playing a new game in the same slot as my previous game, and the fact that weapon upgrades don’t carry over, I unlocked the Lord of War trophy immediately after picking up the one weapon upgrade I missed on my first playthrough instead of after I collected them all on my second playthrough, which I thought was odd. It seems that some info is carrying over across playthroughs so I suspect that somewhere along the way, something is being written into the save, or perhaps the player profile data, that is causing issues with unlocking some of the end of game trophies. If this is the case, then completely deleting ALL save and profile info on the PS5, and disabling save file sync, should allow you to start a brand new game and hopefully get the missing trophies. 

9 hours ago, Swotam said:

Assuming you already got Untouchable, you might want to play on Reader difficulty or intentionally die during the Batwing fight to ensue that it doesn’t interfere somehow with you unlocking the last two trophies. I suspect completely deleting all previous saves and starting from scratch would work assuming the problem is something that gets written into the save files themselves when you play the first time which carries over to subsequent playthroughs, even in the same slot.

I noticed on my second playthrough of Sam’s Story to get Untouchable (which didn’t unlock) that I got Lord of War earlier than expected. Despite playing a new game in the same slot as my previous game, and the fact that weapon upgrades don’t carry over, I unlocked the Lord of War trophy immediately after picking up the one weapon upgrade I missed on my first playthrough instead of after I collected them all on my second playthrough, which I thought was odd. It seems that some info is carrying over across playthroughs so I suspect that somewhere along the way, something is being written into the save, or perhaps the player profile data, that is causing issues with unlocking some of the end of game trophies. If this is the case, then completely deleting ALL save and profile info on the PS5, and disabling save file sync, should allow you to start a brand new game and hopefully get the missing trophies. 

I was going for the Untouchable also on that playthrough, i made a manual save just before the 3rd batwing and uploaded it to the cloud. Then i died at the 3rd batwing so that i would not get Untouchable, there was a theory that Untouchable could lock you out of getting The Last Hero and A Man of Principle. Well this theory seems to be wrong. I got Untouchable with that same manual save.

Edited by affmees

3 hours ago, affmees said:

I was going for the Untouchable also on that playthrough, i made a manual save just before the 3rd batwing and uploaded it to the cloud. Then i died at the 3rd batwing so that i would not get Untouchable, there was a theory that Untouchable could lock you out of getting The Last Hero and A Man of Principle. Well this theory seems to be wrong. I got Untouchable with that same manual save.

What are you talking about? Whether you go for Untouchable or Man of Principle or neither, the only guaranteed trophy for ending the DLC was The Last Hero and you got locked out of it. People are getting neither one or the other.

I'm sure people have tried everything, from fresh installs to new saves, cache resets. At this point, all we do is wait for a patch.

Edited by xItsLesterx
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, xItsLesterx said:

What are you talking about? Whether you go for Untouchable or Man of Principle or neither, the only guaranteed trophy for ending the DLC was The Last Hero and you got locked out of it. People are getting neither one or the other.

I'm sure people have tried everything, from fresh installs to new saves, cache resets. At this point, all we do is wait for a patch.

Apparently the devs think there is nothing wrong with the trophies so I wouldn't hold your breath on a patch to fix them

20 hours ago, x7eight said:

I think maybe upload and delete your save, then just play the dlcs with no save from the main game? 

I'm almost done with iron mode so I'll be doing that. Hopefully it works.

I tried deleting all saves and deleting the game, clearing my PS5 cache and starting out fresh. It did not work. Support told me there's no problem with achievements so I guess were screwed unless enough people complain about it and they change their mind.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, OSU_BUCKS_2LAZ said:

Apparently the devs think there is nothing wrong with the trophies so I wouldn't hold your breath on a patch to fix them

I got the same canned response from “David” at support as everyone else. I’m not holding my breath on a fix to be honest, the game is “old” now and I doubt the dev is putting much effort into fixing bugs beyond anything game breaking in the PS5 version. 

5 minutes ago, vinirgomes2000 said:

What is the method you used to unlock the trophies?

I deleted my save from the cloud, i had all the other trophies so no worries. This is probably not needed if you turn autosync off after full reset.

Syncronised trophies just in case.

I did a full reset.

I set up the console with my account.

Downloaded the main game with Sam DLC only.

After that i turned off internet connection and played the game.

After getting the missing trophies i turned internet back on and syncronised.

With internet off it showed that i only have Metro Exodus under my trophies. I also got some trophies from the main game list, Regetta and Gunsmith but this is ok.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, affmees said:

I deleted my save from the cloud, i had all the other trophies so no worries. This is probably not needed if you turn autosync off after full reset.

I did a full reset.

With internet off it showed that i only have Metro Exodus under my trophies. I also got some trophies from the main game list, Regetta and Gunsmith but this is ok.

You mean full factory reset in safe mode?

35 minutes ago, affmees said:

I did a full reset.

Have you ever died on a bat (mean in this run after reset)? And have you used manual saves/loads? Sorry for a lot of questions:) I try not to miss anything

Edited by real_Diabolique

2 hours ago, affmees said:

I did a full reset.

Guess I’ll give this a go when I get back from my parents this weekend. Sounds promising.

10 minutes ago, OSU_BUCKS_2LAZ said:

Guess I’ll give this a go when I get back from my parents this weekend. Sounds promising.

He's actually onto something because when offline, trophies on the game show as 0 earned. I'm giving it a shot as well but internet is acting stupid taking awhile to download the whole game, especially during day hours. I'll keep you guys posted.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, doerbenn said:

I could try playing the DLC offline without the Console reset tomorrow and let you guys know. 1f914.png

Offline seems to work only when you haven't boot up the game at all. I would advise to reinstall the game with DLC and THEN play offline and see if it works. I'm about to give it a shot for the Untouchable trophy. Lets hope it works.

• Like 1

Proof that this method works is in my PSN profile. I got Untouchable 1 day before the other 2 (The Last Hero and A Man of Principle). This method probably works for other glitched offline trophies as well. Metro Exodus for example exchanges some kind of PSN profile data between game server when you are online, there is a screen/notification when you start the game. This screen is not there when offline obviously. I think offline playthrough with old save/game/profile data will not work.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, affmees said:

Proof that this method works is in my PSN profile. I got Untouchable 1 day before the other 2 (The Last Hero and A Man of Principle). This method probably works for other glitched offline trophies as well. Metro Exodus for example exchanges some kind of PSN profile data between game server when you are online, there is a screen/notification when you start the game. This screen is not there when offline obviously. I think offline playthrough with old save/game/profile data will not work.

Thanks for info dude. We're gonna give it a shot and hope for the best lol

• Like 3

So you recommend a fresh start playing offline? No need to re download the game?