The Last Hero & A Man of Principle Trophies from Sam's Story Bugged

OSU_BUCKS_2LAZ

21 hours ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

You're the only one I've seen in the thread so far who didn't manage to get the trophies to pop using the offline method.

I know you said you didn't go online when starting the game but did you ever go online in between sessions?

Not even that. I started the game with connection turned off and played through the Sam Story dlc in one go.

Not even closed the application in this time. And in the end I did not get the 2 dlc ending related trophies (Last hero, man of principle). So it seems to me, that being offline is not guaranteed to work.

Worth to add, that I have not even started the application before once before doing this (main game at 0%). 

But like I said, the work around with creating a new user and transferring the save via ps cloud worked perfectly. So it took maybe 10 minutes to do this work around. Annoying but acceptable

• 5 weeks later...
On 11/29/2021 at 4:40 PM, SeptentrionV said:

This way worked for me to avoid factory reset and get the trophies ("The Last Hero" and "A Man of Principle" PS5 digital version in my case) thanks to @s-cyrax.
It looks like the glitch affects the profile not the console.

1. Delete, download and reinstall the game and Sam's Story DLC. (probably not neccesary). Make sure the DLC can run correctly.
2. Log out and create a new offline user since the user's selection menu, skip PSN login. (user1 o any name)
3. Using the new profile go to Settings/Users ans Accounts/Users and delete your principal Profile.
4. Go to the PSN store, last left in main menu and Login with your PSN account. 
5. Restore licenses. (IMPORTANT. Go DIRECTLY to Settings again, don't select game in main menu to avoid the trophies sync). In Settings/Users_and_Accounts/Others select Restore Licenses. Don,t exit Settings.
6. Optional. If you have PSN plus, you can download your game data to avoid play the entire DLC. Do since Settings/Save Data and Game/App Settings.
7. Turn off the internet conection. 
8. Now you can select the game in main menu and must shows 0/69 trophies.
9. Run Metro Exodus and load your game data or play the DLC again. The trophies must pop.
10. After get the missed trophies, turn on the internet conection and sync trophies. It can take a minutes, its possible that the missed trophies dont show in your trophies' progress inmediatly, even some trophie can looks missed despite it poped in game. After a minutes the trophies will appear.

Just want to throw in my experience using this method in case it can help anyone. This method 100% works.

To avoid losing my captures and what not, I used my wife's PS5 but this doesn't change how the method works, so if you don't have a spare PS5, don't worry.

I had glitched trophies from each DLC. Mutation and Iron Mode from NG+. The whole picture from Two Colonels. And Untouchable and The Last Hero from Sams Story.

I used my backed up save to get mutation and iron mode, loaded up the finale autosave and once I reached the credits both trophies popped. I'm happy I had those autosaves backed up because I didn't want to play the game twice to get those trophies.

I synced those two trophies with the server and then restarted the process again before starting Two Colonels. Started the DLC, collected all 9 collectibles and the trophy popped no problem. Synced them and redid the process one more time before starting Sam's Story.

Now, because I was a bit nervous about untouchable I actually saved the game before each encounter, quit the game, reconnected to the internet, uploaded the save, disconnected the internet then went back into the game. Just in case I died. This didn't cause any problems as the glitched trophies popped fine even though I had reconnected to the internet briefly, I never launched the game whilst connected though. I didn't die in any of the batwing encounters so I never had to download the save. Because of this, I can't say if the trophies still would have popped with a downloaded save, can't see why they wouldn't though as I used a backed up save for the NG+ trophies.

So yeah, this method fully works and will help you get 100%.

• 1 month later...

"The Last Hero" and "A Man of Principle" bugged for me, August 2023, I just unlocked them using the create new account method, rather than resetting the console.

This is on PS5.  Steps:

1. Make sure all trophies are synced and save files uploaded to cloud.

2. Switch to second account.

3. Settings -> Users and Accounts -> Delete Users -> delete main account

4. Switch user -> Add User -> login main account.

5. Download Metro save file.

6. Settings -> User and Accounts -> Other -> Restore Licenses

7. Settings -> Network -> Settings -> disable internet

8. Load Metro.

9. Load my save file from just before the end of the DLC.

10. Both trophies popped when the cinematic started.

On 2023-08-10 at 2:04 PM, Delameko said:

"The Last Hero" and "A Man of Principle" bugged for me, August 2023, I just unlocked them using the create new account method, rather than resetting the console.

This is on PS5.  Steps:

8. Load Metro.

Do you lose videos and screenshots as well when you delete your primary account?

I’m suspecting yes.

20 hours ago, chilly_schrimp said:

Do you lose videos and screenshots as well when you delete your primary account?

I’m suspecting yes.

Yes, you will.  So you'll need to back them up.  I have them turned off, so I don't really know how to do that.

19 hours ago, amurnin100 said:

Do you lose your saves too 

Yeah, you'll have to back them up to cloud first (or USB on PS4).

Edited by Delameko
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 8/10/2023 at 1:04 PM, Delameko said:

This is on PS5.  Steps:

8. Load Metro.

Sam DLC , does this need to be downloaded before hand too?

• 2 months later...
On 8/10/2023 at 9:04 AM, Delameko said:

This is on PS5.  Steps:

8. Load Metro.

Thnks this saved me, i got bugged this trophies "A Man of Principle" "Real Colonel" " Iron Mode" and "Great owl"