The Last Hero & A Man of Principle Trophies from Sam's Story Bugged

OSU_BUCKS_2LAZ

• 2 weeks later...

I have just sent a ticket to Koch Media support and received a ridiculous answer. 30 minutes after sending the ticket they told me that developers checked it but could not reproduce the problem. Then it continued by saying that the trophy is achievable and sent me a link for a different trophy.

Next, I have said that what they have sent to me is a different trophy. Also said that I am an experienced software engineer to know that there is no way the development team tried and decided the bug cannot be reproduced within 30 minutes. Their answer was they cannot do anything because the development team says it works fine.

Personally and professionally, I find this behavior very unethical and won't be buying any other game from Koch Media. If you are having the same issue, please sent them a ticket so maybe we can change their mind.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 3.07.2021 at 6:59 PM, affmees said:

I deleted my save from the cloud, i had all the other trophies so no worries. This is probably not needed if you turn autosync off after full reset.

Syncronised trophies just in case.

I did a full reset.

I set up the console with my account.

Downloaded the main game with Sam DLC only.

After that i turned off internet connection and played the game.

After getting the missing trophies i turned internet back on and syncronised.

With internet off it showed that i only have Metro Exodus under my trophies. I also got some trophies from the main game list, Regetta and Gunsmith but this is ok.

I see many people confirmed it worked. 
i’m the next one to confirm YES this metod works 100%. The sad think is you need to download // install all other games again :/ 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Lijon88 said:

I see many people confirmed it worked. 
i’m the next one to confirm YES this metod works 100%. The sad think is you need to download // install all other games again :/ 

I transferred the game to my hard drive then moved it back over after the factory reset so didn't need to download again. Had to connect to internet to be able to transfer the game for some reason so enabled then disabled after.

On 21/06/2021 at 4:31 PM, OSU_BUCKS_2LAZ said:

I've completed Sam's Story twice with the good ending and these trophies have not unlocked for me. The Last Hero is a trophy for just completing the level so it should unlock regardless of the ending you get. If you watch my YouTube video you can see I got the good ending with no trophy pop. If you look at the other video at 22:10 you can see the trophy unlocks for them with the good ending.

No Unlock (my video):

Unlock (at 22:10): 

What have you done to make those trophies to pop?

The Last Hero and A Man Of Principle trophies both failed to unlock for me. After contacting Koch Media support and receiving their 'world-class customer support' I decided the only way was to do the factory reset method.  Unfortunately, after my first reset I only got the Man Of Principle trophy and had to do a second reset to get The Last Hero trophy. I'm sick of wasting my time and money on broken games and being palmed off with no real answers or solutions from the dev's.  

Sorry I’ve missed this issue. I will update the guide this week and put in the reset method (with credit Ofcourse). Will mark the trophies as bugged too

With a new little one + works been manic, the guides haven’t had much updating or love. I only noticed because someone moaned on the guide comments. Just whip me a private message with any guide related issues and I’ll get on them ASAP 

it’s going to take me a while to read through all this

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mikem192 said:

Sorry I’ve missed this issue. I will update the guide this week and put in the reset method (with credit Ofcourse). Will mark the trophies as bugged too

With a new little one + works been manic, the guides haven’t had much updating or love. I only noticed because someone moaned on the guide comments. Just whip me a private message with any guide related issues and I’ll get on them ASAP 

it’s going to take me a while to read through all this

Here's the breakdown so you don't need to read through the whole post:

The Last Hero & A Man of Principle trophies for Metro Exodus' DLC Sam's Story on PS5 (potentially PS4 too) are heavily bugged.

The Last Hero is awarded for just finishing the DLC (any difficulty).

A Man of Principle is awarded for obtaining the good ending:

Spoiler

blowing up the submarine after helping the captain guy as mentioned in the trophy guide

The only confirmed solution that has been found to work by multiple players in this thread is to reset the PS5 to factory settings full wipe (before you do back up everything: saves/media to cloud or USB, games to HDD). Once console has been reset the only thing you should do is sync your PSN account but don't go to trophies (don't sync trophies). If you own the digital version or via PS4 upgrade you will need to download the whole game again otherwise install via disc (pretty sure the PS5 version is still just 1.0 so no update needed). If you moved the game to a HDD you might need an internet connection while trying to move it to your console. Once you've done these steps turn off the connection to the internet on the console and play Sam's story for these two trophies. Play on a fresh save, don't download or move from USB. You will have an empty trophy list which is fine / might be how it works to obtain these two trophies. Now hopefully, if you do the good ending correctly you will get A Man of Principle along with The Last Hero trophies. You will unlock a couple other trophies that you already have which is fine because when you go to sync trophies once you restore connection the timestamps are always overwritten if there is one previous to what is being synced. That's all I can think of that we have worked through to get these two trophies to unlock so if you have any questions let me know!

Edited by OSU_BUCKS_2LAZ
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, OSU_BUCKS_2LAZ said:

Here's the breakdown so you don't need to read through the whole post:

The Last Hero & A Man of Principle trophies for Metro Exodus' DLC Sam's Story on PS5 (potentially PS4 too) are heavily bugged.

The Last Hero is awarded for just finishing the DLC (any difficulty).

A Man of Principle is awarded for obtaining the good ending:

Reveal hidden contents

blowing up the submarine after helping the captain guy as mentioned in the trophy guide

The only confirmed solution that has been found to work by multiple players in this thread is to reset the PS5 to factory settings full wipe (before you do back up everything: saves/media to cloud or USB, games to HDD). Once console has been reset the only thing you should do is sync your PSN account but don't go to trophies (don't sync trophies). If you own the digital version or via PS4 upgrade you will need to download the whole game again otherwise install via disc (pretty sure the PS5 version is still just 1.0 so no update needed). If you moved the game to a HDD you might need an internet connection while trying to move it to your console. Once you've done these steps turn off the connection to the internet on the console and play Sam's story for these two trophies. Play on a fresh save, don't download or move from USB. You will have an empty trophy list which is fine / might be how it works to obtain these two trophies. Now hopefully, if you do the good ending correctly you will get A Man of Principle along with The Last Hero trophies. You will unlock a couple other trophies that you already have which is fine because when you go to sync trophies once you restore connection the timestamps are always overwritten if there is one previous to what is being synced. That's all I can think of that we have worked through to get these two trophies to unlock so if you have any questions let me know!

Thanks so much for this! That work around is huge, fair play to this thread for figuring out something like that 

I’ll get to work on this! Thanks again, made my job much easier 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ecthelion91 said:

Using a friend's playstation could also work, probably. In any case factory reset seems a bit too much for a trophy. It is so weird that the developers keep saying it works fine.

It was worth it for me to finally get the 100% after so many attempts. Just backup your stuff.

Just finished both DLCs and I can say the issue is still present for both these trophies, and the Real Colonel trophy.

There's no way anyone should have to factory reset their console for a trophy, let alone 3.

I suppose the only other option is to wait and hope for a patch, and keep on messaging their support to try get them so solve the issue their team seems to be ignoring.

Just a heads up guys I’ve just had the same glitch with the new game plus trophies and the cinephile trophy, today I finished all of the new game plus and the only trophy I received was the 3 collectibles one, for cinephile I have tried that trophy 5 times now doing different methods and still not got it.

On 13/09/2021 at 9:16 PM, Buckwheat said:

Has anyone tried to play through their first run of the DLC offline and on version 1.00?  I'm trying to avoid a hard reset if possible.

Yes, still no trophy.

On 11/09/2021 at 8:38 PM, DeAdSHott_ZA said:

Just finished both DLCs and I can say the issue is still present for both these trophies, and the Real Colonel trophy.

There's no way anyone should have to factory reset their console for a trophy, let alone 3.

I suppose the only other option is to wait and hope for a patch, and keep on messaging their support to try get them so solve the issue their team seems to be ignoring.

Support don't move a finger to even try to fix it. They said me that the team couldn't reply the bug to find any issue and fix it.

Next time someone runs into this and contacts support they should link this forum to them.  Not sure it'll help, but maybe.  They're obviously not trying hard enough to reproduce it.  Has anyone tried since the system update yesterday?  Maybe it's actually a system update issue? 

I'm afraid to play much more until it's fixed, if the devs even bother trying any more given they don't seem to care much.

40 minutes ago, Snake2410 said:

Next time someone runs into this and contacts support they should link this forum to them.  Not sure it'll help, but maybe.  They're obviously not trying hard enough to reproduce it.  Has anyone tried since the system update yesterday?  Maybe it's actually a system update issue? 

I'm afraid to play much more until it's fixed, if the devs even bother trying any more given they don't seem to care much.

I already did that, and linked various other threads, no results... We talked through mails all night but they didn't even approach to accept there might be a bug. I ended up saying I will not buy any new games they release, now that I saw their unprofessional approach to the problem. I would advice you the same, it seems like the best thing we can do is to punish them by not buying their products.

Edited by Ecthelion91

12 minutes ago, mikem192 said:

Thank you all for being patient and providing me with all the information. Guide has been updated and credited to those involved! Any more issues or information that needs adding please let me know 

Happy Hunting

Cool thanks! I noticed on a post on r/Trophies that someone has already been able to use our advice to help achieve 100% when he was having similar issues so I think the revisions to the Sam's Story Trophy Guide will help others as well!

3 minutes ago, OSU_BUCKS_2LAZ said:

Cool thanks! I noticed on a post on r/Trophies that someone has already been able to use our advice to help achieve 100% when he was having similar issues so I think the revisions to the Sam's Story Trophy Guide will help others as well!

That's good to know! Got a solid community on here luckily. I did the complete guide for this game over on playstationtrophies. org which i need to update next too

• Like 1

So a console reset is out of the question for me.  Has anyone found any other ways of getting this? I am wondering if with the next expansion SSD that it might help with this issue?  unfortunately for me just loading up the save and trying it again did nothing.  I haven't yet deleted the save and then started the Sam's story playthrough again, but I am not sure I have time to do so.  Just wondering if anyone has run across any other possible method.  The support team seems completely unwilling to recognize that there is a glitch.  

The Last Hero popped but A Man of Principle has been glitched to me. so sad.

Edit: ok, i just found that while searching for Captain's crew i didn't climb to the highest point of that small island to recover all the bodies. I'll do another walkthrough tomorrow with Untouchable combined.

Edited by aimeraya