Rare produce

DexTepa

I personally got quite lucky with my planting as Toadstool Shed, Dialaurel, Orange'opus, and Sweet Moai all got planted at the same time for me xD Mangoelephant was my very last produce to get (Bellgrapes was second last).

I recommend looking at this guide for some additional seed options:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps/256525-legend-of-mana/faqs/50811

Just want to chime in on the seed combos: if you're down to the last few ones of rare bois, going spiny+spiny guarantees a rare produce in my experience. Had a Dialaurel, Toadstoolshed and a Rocket Papaya sprout together in my run. You'd be able to cut down on some save scumming since you won't need to weed out the common ones. 

Also in my experience, small + long seeds tend to produce spiny seeds from Trent. At least for me, it's been pretty dependable formula to farm spiny seeds.

• Like 2

On 6/29/2021 at 10:03 AM, DexTepa said:

Right, so, most of the produce is quite common. Below is a list of all the produce, with rare produce in brackets.

Blue (Round): Heart Mint, Spade Basil, Pine O'Clock, Rhinoloupe, [Gold Clover]

Yellow (Oblong): Citrisquid, Springanana, Cornflower, Fishy Fruit, [Rocket Papaya]

Red (Crooked): Apricat, Peach Puppy, Diceberry, Whalamato, [Applesocks]

Green (Big): Cabbadillo, Squalphin, Needlettuce, [Boarmelon], [Dialaurel]

Orange (Small): Spiny Carrot, Loquat-Shoes, Bumpkin, [Honey Onion], [Orange'Opus]

Purple (Long): Lilipods, Cherry Bombs, Orcaplant, [Sweet Moai], [Bellgrapes]

White (Flat): Garlicrown, Masked Potato, Pear O'Heels, Conchurnip, [Mangolephant]

Black: Mush-In-A-Box, [Toadstool Shed]

To get the rare stuff, use these combinations:

Gold Clover: Spiny + Round
Rocket Papaya: Spiny + Oblong
Apple Socks: Spiny + Crooked
Boarmelon: Spiny + Big / Big
Dialaurel: Spiny + Big
Honey Onion: Spiny + Small / Oblong + Crooked
Orange'Opus: Spiny + Small
Sweet Moai: Spiny + Long / Round + Long
Bellgrapes: Spiny + Long
Mangolephant: Spiny + Flat
Mush-In-A-Box: Round + Small
Toadstool Shed: Spiny + Big / Spiny + Small

One seed gives three produce, two seeds give four produce. There's enough space for eight produce at a time.

You should start with the Toadstool Shed, since it's bound to give you some of the other rare produce before you get the shed.

To be able to farm Spiny Seeds, you'll need a Polter Box pet from the monster eggs in the Junkyard. The Polter Box's synchro ability allows you to get better drops from enemies. Synchro abilities are active when you're really close to one of your allies (you'll see lightning running between the characters' cystals at the top of the screen). Once you have a Polter Box, you can easily farm Spiny Seeds from the 3x Lullabud battle on Luon Highway. You'll get plenty of Small and Long Seeds on the side. For Big Seeds, you'll need to kill them without synchro.

Round, Oblong, and Crooked Seeds can be bought at the Bone Fortress.

The easiest way to get Flat Seeds is from Treant. Whenever you harvest a fruit, Treant has chance of picking up a seed. Feed him two batches of Round + Small Seeds. Pass enough time that everything is ripe, then save before you harvest them. When you talk to Treant afterwards, you have a decent chance of getting a Flat Seed or two. If you don't get any, load the game and try again.

As far as reloading for Seed outcome, is it best to plant and then save before passing days or save right before picking them? 

1 hour ago, MyNameIs_Rainman said:

As far as reloading for Seed outcome, is it best to plant and then save before passing days or save right before picking them? 

What I did was save it, then plant the seeds, move from section to section to pass days, if no seeds I want, then reload. But you really don't need to reload because the new seeds you get can be used for your next planting and you can even purchase some cheap. I noticed it was at random and didn't see a difference in which produce seeds were used to get the results you want. 

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So basically this thread should just be called orange o’pus because that’s the only ultra rare produce 10/256 chance with orange + spiny and I can’t get the MF’er to spawn.. got all other plants multiple times.. all of them, multiple times.. not one orange and now all I plant is that exclusive combo.. still nothing.. am I doing something wrong here?