"Dan says hi" Trophy

I have a quick question about this throphy, do you need to obtain this in the main story or the side story? Or is it an missable unlockable? Because i really don't know how to find it as I played through the main story. Or is it hidden in the files somewhere and i need to search through there? I play on the PS5.

Edited by II-BurnedSins-II

5 minutes ago, Play3GianniGreed said:

In the original PC version, the note from Dan is acquired at the end of the second playtrough, where you need to get the 100% completion of the game. 

If the requirements stays the same, you have to do a second run and get the 100%.

So i first need to obtain the other trophies for this to unlock? Sorry for another question do i need to delete monika in the main game 2 times (and it doesn't matter where) or do i need to delete her 2 times and the end when she's in the room with me alone?

For the 100% after the first run, in the second run you have to unlock all the unique interaction with the girls (if I remember every girl has 3 unique scenes). For this to happen you have to manage your saves. Example: start with Sayori and get her scenes, saves before you reach the point of no return (I will not write it because it's spoiler, but it's that scene) then start a new game, and get all scenes with Yuri, saves and start again and get all Natsuki scenes. After you get all 9 scenes in one run, reach the end of the game. If you done all right, the game will restart again with something different and you will get the 100% and the note. 

Beware, this is how it works in the original PC version, don't know if it's the same here. 

Edited by Play3GianniGreed

This contains spoilers so only read if you know what happens, this is just to clear up for people that might be struggling. You need to start a game from scratch. You can skip all of the dialogue until the first poem, that's when you need to create a save for the game. You can show the poems to the girls in any order throughout this entire thing. Play through the game choosing words for Sayori, until you decide who you're going to help. Choose Yuri to see her scene. Once Sayori meets back up with you shortly after visiting Yuri, turn your skip off, as with skip on it's easy to go to the point of no return, (Sayori's suicide). Tell Sayori that you love her. When the scene of you hugging her appears, load back up the save you made earlier. This time play through the game choosing words for Natsuki, until you decide who you're going to help. Choose Natsuki to see her scene. Once Sayori meets back up with you shortly after visiting Natsuki, turn your skip off just in case. When you're asked the two options you ca load the save up again since you've already seen the scene. This time you need to play through using words for Yuri. When asked who to help, you can choose either Yuri or Natsuki since you've already seen both scenes. Choose I love you when prompted again and continue the game however you like. On the final screen, all of the pictures will be coloured in and you'll be given a message from Dan, the dev.

If any of that was confusing, heres a good, short video that I found sums it up pretty well since the visuals is good at showing at what point to do things 

Edited by Web_Extension
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, Play3GianniGreed said:

For the 100% after the first run, in the second run you have to unlock all the unique interaction with the girls (if I remember every girl has 3 unique scenes). For this to happen you have to manage your saves. Example: start with Sayori and get her scenes, saves before you reach the point of no return (I will not write it because it's spoiler, but it's that scene) then start a new game, and get all scenes with Yuri, saves and start again and get all Natsuki scenes. After you get all 9 scenes in one run, reach the end of the game. If you done all right, the game will restart again with something different and you will get the 100% and the note. 

Beware, this is how it works in the original PC version, don't know if it's the same here. 

8 hours ago, Web_Extension said:

This contains spoilers so only read if you know what happens, this is just to clear up for people that might be struggling. You need to start a game from scratch. You can skip all of the dialogue until the first poem, that's when you need to create a save for the game. You can show the poems to the girls in any order throughout this entire thing. Play through the game choosing words for Sayori, until you decide who you're going to help. Choose Yuri to see her scene. Once Sayori meets back up with you shortly after visiting Yuri, turn your skip off, as with skip on it's easy to go to the point of no return, (Sayori's suicide). Tell Sayori that you love her. When the scene of you hugging her appears, load back up the save you made earlier. This time play through the game choosing words for Natsuki, until you decide who you're going to help. Choose Natsuki to see her scene. Once Sayori meets back up with you shortly after visiting Natsuki, turn your skip off just in case. When you're asked the two options you ca load the save up again since you've already seen the scene. This time you need to play through using words for Yuri. When asked who to help, you can choose either Yuri or Natsuki since you've already seen both scenes. Choose I love you when prompted again and continue the game however you like. On the final screen, all of the pictures will be coloured in and you'll be given a message from Dan, the dev.

If any of that was confusing, heres a good, short video that I found sums it up pretty well since the visuals is good at showing at what point to do things 

Thank you both for the answer to my question, it really helped me a lot and i obtained the trophy! 

• Like 1

I just did this playthrough to get the good ending, and I'm just wondering, did the game remove pictures in the Picture folder for anyone else while doing this? Everything in Promos was removed for me, plus the random poems I got in my last playthrough.

Just now, DEMON said:

I just did this playthrough to get the good ending, and I'm just wondering, did the game remove pictures in the Picture folder for anyone else while doing this? Everything in Promos was removed for me, plus the random poems I got in my last playthrough.

That's strange, didn't happen for me when i did the PS5 version, currently doing the PS4 version also but so far this hasn't occurred for me, did you try restarting your game?

2 minutes ago, II-BurnedSins-II said:

That's strange, didn't happen for me when i did the PS5 version, currently doing the PS4 version also but so far this hasn't occurred for me, did you try restarting your game?

I'll give that a shot. It also seemed to erase the progress I had with the side stories too, so maybe it is just a bug, I see though that I am not the only person having issue with this.

6 minutes ago, DEMON said:

As the credits are rolling (I think) it says that it’s deleting your images, but I didn’t actually lose anything personally. What language are you playing on? Non-English play throughs seem to leave the game doing slightly funky things

Edited by BGriff1986

2 hours ago, BGriff1986 said:

As the credits are rolling it says that it’s deleting your images, but I didn’t actually lose anything personally. What language are you playing on? Non-English play throughs seem to leave the game doing slightly funky things

I've been playing in English since that's my native language, so not a clue why images in the gallery were removed for me, it only happened when I started another playthrough of the game too. The credits were not what affected it.

Just restarted my game, the images are still missing, so it seems like I have to unlock them again.

To be safe from this point on, I'm just going to store my saves on Cloud with each playthrough of this game that I do. Ok, I found out how this may happen, it pretty much happens if you don't go into the main game after playing round with stuff on the desktop, definitely seems like a bug imo. It's wise to use your cloud storage or a USB to back up save file incase your progress is randomly taken from you.

Edited by DEMON

Why did I fail to get this? I did all 3 poems for the 3 different girls in Act 1, and did the save thing before no point of return.

Only two things I can think of is that I was supposed to return to the menu again after I got the third girl’s poem (I just kept playing after I got the final third girl’s poem) or I had to pick the other dialogue option at the no point of return.

help

6 minutes ago, LoveInHell said:

Only two things I can think of is that I was supposed to return to the menu again after I got the third girl’s poem (I just kept playing after I got the final third girl’s poem) or I had to pick the other dialogue option at the no point of return.

You have to keep playing after the final third poem, I've failed this trophy once too, but it was because I didn't saw the hugging scene after saying "I Love You" to Sayori. It worked for me following the exact steps in the video that @Web_Extension send.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cruscah said:

You have to keep playing after the final third poem, I've failed this trophy once too, but it was because I didn't saw the hugging scene after saying "I Love You" to Sayori. It worked for me following the exact steps in the video that @Web_Extension send.

Ah, damn. Thanks, I’ll try it again soon. I’ve seen the scene before but forgot about… the thing that keeps happening in the game causing me to “not have seen” the scene.

To unlock this basically restart your entire file by running Restart on the files of desktop.

Make a save before the first poetry game and choose one of the three girls, this girl you’ll get all the CG’s for, so all 3 poems have to be for that one girl, as do the speech choices you make.

Once you’ve had all 3 CG’s with the girl; final one is at your house, you can then save on a separate slot and reload the original save before the poem mini game. 

Now repeat what you did for the first girl, with the two remaining girls. Once you’ve seen the Home CG with the third girl continue as normal through with the game.

Make a save before the first poem game of Act 2 and choose on of the two girls, get all her scenes, then save on a separate file, reload and do the other girl.

Finally in Act 3 before you ‘delete’ ensure you see the ‘CG’ of the fourth girl and then delete their file and continue the game as normal. You’ll get the note after your ending.

Just got this. Thanks so much for the video & also the written explanation. I didn't get first time I tried. Was able to get second try but game crashed twice during that try...thankfully still got thru for the trophy. Gotta love autosave.

Forgot to say, loved reading Dan's note. So genuine & heartfelt!

Edited by sunnydaleAlumni