Platinum/100% on F2P?

LunchCannon54

Realistically how feasible is it to complete this without paying a cent?

I can't see myself doing the Spiral Abyss shit on F2P given the rarity of those 5 star characters and weapons that seem to be mandatory for it and I'm not enjoying it enough to keep playing it for its own sake.

I was able to finally do it without spending money, it's very difficult and you won't enjoy the game, but I do think, unfortunately, that getting good characters is the way to do the abyss, which is a long grind without spending money. If you can manage to clear it then you can play the game without the stress of the abyss and it'll be a lot more fun.

In my opinion the top priority for the abyss is getting 2 good shielders, Zhongli being my highly recommend as his shield is probably the strongest, and Diona is also a very good shielder because she's also an excellent healer. Herein lies the problem if you don't already have them: you can't get Zhongli anymore and Diona is no longer guaranteed so requires luck to get.

I'd say 5-star weapons aren't required as much as good characters (I didn't have any 5-star weapons). You just have to take the time to grind out lots of primogems and intertwined fate to be able to pull good characters (160 pulls to guarantee the banner character). I went 8 months before making a single pull (because you definitely didn't need to before they added new trophies), and lucked out that they re-ran Zhongli's banner, I was able to get three 5-stars and a number of 4-stars with lots left over. (I ended up getting like 3 or 4 characters to C6 by the end, but didn't use them as it takes too long to level new characters, I just focused on the ones I already leveled/specifically tried for). It honestly may not be a bad idea to wait and hope Zhongli becomes available again if you don't have him.

Talents you can probably get by leveling up to 5 or 6 on your main DPS (afterwards requires rare boss drops which are annoying). The failure screen will say you need to level up a lot more, but you'll probably be good.

Obviously ideally artifacts should all be maxed 5-stars, but that'll take forever, the artifacts I leveled were to 16, mostly 4-star, a handful of 5-star. The flower artifact is kind of a waste to invest for any character who doesn't have a talent based on HP, so I left those at 0 for everyone else. Similarly for the feather artifact for those who don't use the attack stat. Prioritize leveling artifacts for your main DPS, shielders, and possibly healers. Also make sure to pick the correct set and stats for each character.

Character and weapon levels grind up as much as you can stand. You can craft some decent 4-star weapons and you'll probably get some decent ones while trying to pull good characters, so don't really need to go out of your way there. My characters were between level 50-80 (except Traveler was 90), my weapons were between 50-90 (weapons are a lot faster to level).

FYI here're my teams that managed to zero star floor 12.

- Diluc lv80 (lv80 weapon)

- Zhongli lv80 (lv50 weapon)

- Xiangling lv50 (unleveled artifacts/weapon/talents)

- Noelle lv70 (unleveled artifacts/weapon/talents)

- Diona lv70 (lv50 weapon I think, maybe lv60, lv2-3 talents)

- Eula lv80 (lv90 weapon)

- Traveler lv90 (lv90 weapon, I think traveler had some 3-star artifacts left over from before I could get 4-stars)

- Barbara lv60 (lv50 weapon I think, lv2-3 talents)

• Like 4

I'm missing Reputation 8 Monstadt and reaching AR50, got every single other trophy including both abyss ones without spending anything. Game's quite fair.

Edit: Just got it today, took me two months and a week :)

Edited by Seth_Loyce
  • Like 2

On 02/07/2021 at 6:16 PM, Milktastrophe said:

I was able to finally do it without spending money, it's very difficult and you won't enjoy the game, but I do think, unfortunately, that getting good characters is the way to do the abyss, which is a long grind without spending money. If you can manage to clear it then you can play the game without the stress of the abyss and it'll be a lot more fun.

In my opinion the top priority for the abyss is getting 2 good shielders, Zhongli being my highly recommend as his shield is probably the strongest, and Diona is also a very good shielder because she's also an excellent healer. Herein lies the problem if you don't already have them: you can't get Zhongli anymore and Diona is no longer guaranteed so requires luck to get.

I'd say 5-star weapons aren't required as much as good characters (I didn't have any 5-star weapons). You just have to take the time to grind out lots of primogems and intertwined fate to be able to pull good characters (160 pulls to guarantee the banner character). I went 8 months before making a single pull (because you definitely didn't need to before they added new trophies), and lucked out that they re-ran Zhongli's banner, I was able to get three 5-stars and a number of 4-stars with lots left over. (I ended up getting like 3 or 4 characters to C6 by the end, but didn't use them as it takes too long to level new characters, I just focused on the ones I already leveled/specifically tried for). It honestly may not be a bad idea to wait and hope Zhongli becomes available again if you don't have him.

Talents you can probably get by leveling up to 5 or 6 on your main DPS (afterwards requires rare boss drops which are annoying). The failure screen will say you need to level up a lot more, but you'll probably be good.

Obviously ideally artifacts should all be maxed 5-stars, but that'll take forever, the artifacts I leveled were to 16, mostly 4-star, a handful of 5-star. The flower artifact is kind of a waste to invest for any character who doesn't have a talent based on HP, so I left those at 0 for everyone else. Similarly for the feather artifact for those who don't use the attack stat. Prioritize leveling artifacts for your main DPS, shielders, and possibly healers. Also make sure to pick the correct set and stats for each character.

Character and weapon levels grind up as much as you can stand. You can craft some decent 4-star weapons and you'll probably get some decent ones while trying to pull good characters, so don't really need to go out of your way there. My characters were between level 50-80 (except Traveler was 90), my weapons were between 50-90 (weapons are a lot faster to level).

FYI here're my teams that managed to zero star floor 12.

- Diluc lv80 (lv80 weapon)

- Zhongli lv80 (lv50 weapon)

- Xiangling lv50 (unleveled artifacts/weapon/talents)

- Noelle lv70 (unleveled artifacts/weapon/talents)

- Diona lv70 (lv50 weapon I think, maybe lv60, lv2-3 talents)

- Eula lv80 (lv90 weapon)

- Traveler lv90 (lv90 weapon, I think traveler had some 3-star artifacts left over from before I could get 4-stars)

- Barbara lv60 (lv50 weapon I think, lv2-3 talents)

I have Diona, and I basically gathered that Zhongli is the only real "essential" character. Thanks for confirming though.

23 minutes ago, LunchCannon54 said:

I have Diona, and I basically gathered that Zhongli is the only real "essential" character. Thanks for confirming though.

Zhingli is absolutely not essential. I did it just fine without him the first time I beat it with probably ~3 stars on floor 12. I can get about 5 or 6 reliably now if i wanted to really push for it.

2 minutes ago, BeautifulTorment said:

Zhingli is absolutely not essential. I did it just fine without him the first time I beat it with probably ~3 stars on floor 12. I can get about 5 or 6 reliably now if i wanted to really push for it.

Don't you need all stars for the trophy though?

50 minutes ago, LunchCannon54 said:

Don't you need all stars for the trophy though?

You only need all the stars for the first 8 floors, which is VERY easy end game. 

Currently, the hardest trophy is to simply beat floor 12. This involves you getting 6 stars minimum on floors 9, 10, and 11, followed by beating the 3 chambers in floor 12 before time runs out.

Edited by BeautifulTorment
  • Like 1

I would recommend to level up essential talents (Bennett's burst, Diona's shield, etc) of your characters to levels 7-8, cause it is a tremendous difference. I recently got myself Eula and Klee and while having 5 star carry makes things easier I cleared floor 12 with 3 stars many times before, with 4 star characters (I used Albedo or Mona sometimes, but they are hardly game changing and my Mona is unbuilt). The only 5 star weapon I have is Skyward Pride, which I got three days before Eula banner(that actually made me to wish for her)