You’re only allowed to play one genre for the rest of your gaming life…

DrBloodmoney

In fairness, I can narrow it down to a single franchise. I think I’m beyond my 800th hour of playing Gran Turismo 7 at this point. I’m generally more excited for GT7 new car/track updates than I am entire game releases - I have Persona 3 Reload, FFVII Rebirth, Dragon’s Dogma 2 and Visions of Mana all pre-ordered, I’d happily cancel any of those (and Silksong or GTA 6) for just a “Z-Tune” R34 or LibertyWalk F40 update in GT7.

5 minutes ago, Tsundokuist said:

In fairness, I can narrow it down to a single franchise. I think I’m beyond my 800th hour of playing Gran Turismo 7 at this point. I’m generally more excited for GT7 new car/track updates than I am entire game releases - I have Persona 3 Reload, FFVII Rebirth, Dragon’s Dogma 2 and Visions of Mana all pre-ordered, I’d happily cancel any of those (and Silksong or GTA 6) for just a “Z-Tune” R34 or LibertyWalk F40 update in GT7.

We've got a car guy here. May I presume you love the first three Fast and Furious films?

13 minutes ago, majob said:

We've got a car guy here. May I presume you love the first three Fast and Furious films?

Oh dear, to my great shame, I’m pretty sure I’ve only seen the first and third Fast and Furious films (when they were new). I should probably revisit them, my only memory of them now is thinking “Gone in 60 Seconds with Nic Cage was better”.

I’m more in the pretentious Drive (Ryan Gosling)/Baby Driver/Bullitt/Ronin crowd these days and at the time I’d have been more into Initial D and Wangan Midnight. If we could have Initial D Arcade Stage/Wangan Midnight ports or a new “Shutokou Battle/Tokyo Xtreme Racer” on PS5 I’d gladly expand my answer to “Racing Games”, sadly the genre as a whole isn’t upto much these days. I’m still not over Ridge Racer Type 4 not getting trophy support when that was dumped on PS+ Classics last year…

• Like 1

I'd have to go with ARPGs (Diablo, Grim Dawn, Path of Exile, etc.). The replay value is nearly limitless with each game in the genre usually having a good number of different builds to try. 

Edited by Killbomb

• 2 weeks later...

I love a variety of games . But i would have to say ARPGs. As always new seasons to try out new builds and have fun with others .

Hard choice though .  Second choice would be RPGS as love story driven games can get lost in . 

• 4 weeks later...

Fightings. There are games like Soul Calibur III, Tekken 4 and Street Fighter Alpha 3, with plenty of game modes which I'm never getting tired of. Plus, I am sure there are many hidden gems which I have yet to know.
So if I were ever faced with such a choice, it'll be definitely a fighting games.

spacer.png

Edited by ozymandias1994

This is a horrible choice to be faced with lol, so I'm sure it's between these ones:

- Sports/Racing

- Action (I mean the normal action generic AAA genre)

If I choose action I won't lose playing many popular games which are great and don't have an specific genre, including some of my favourites, but I would lose games I have a pool of hours in like Rocket League or Gran Turismo. If I choose the first, the same, although sports games have a unique replay value. I have no idea to be honest.

Action and Adventure games because that will cover a broad spectrum. Lots of rpg’s and souls like games are considered action games so lots of replayability for trying out different builds or doing challenge runs. I don’t really like how some people call games like nioh or the surge souls like or clones. We don’t call every FPS a Wolfenstein or Doom clone these days so perhaps it will phase out. Technically for me the first dark souls type game I played was Ninja gaiden which didn’t have the rpg aspect but had a similar HP UI and boss fights and such.