Casual Gaming Event (One Woman Event). 2024

Hi @Phantochi and welcome to the event.  Your list looks pretty good, my only concern really is Mortal Kombat X, as it a fighting game each character has their own story so if you only play one character (like who really does that though right?) it would be less than 10 hours, and in general the story mode for fighting games isn't too long.  I have no problem letting you keep it on the list if you fine with no story points for it. Though you are also free to switch it now before your list is accepted and still play it off list for half platinum points.  

As for RE6 I am fine, and I will double check with @Arethien on this, counting story points as I consider the trophy complete entire game on normal as the end of the story mode as each campaign would part of the whole story.  since RE6 is still a story driven game, versus fighting games or a call of duty style game that gives a little story but is mainly multiplayer focused.   

Other than that, I look forward to seeing your updates and reading about what you think of the games you play :) , just let me know what you want to do about Mortal Kombat X

Hi @JourneySilvers

Thanks for your interest.  I list is to help give you a little focus if you want that.  So you make a list and when you complete a game from the list as long as it took you longer than 1 hours from the time it was entered on the list full clear points.  If you also get the platinum for a game on your list you get full platinum points for the leaderboard.  You can switch a game once per list, except for special occasions, but you are in way tired completely to the list.  You can play whatever you want and turn it in for half points.  We even allow games not played on the playstation trophy tracking system.  Just show us a screen shot or someway to track the completion of the game.  This is a fun event so we generally like to rely on the honor system for how long a game took you.  The points system is just for fun and there isn't an overall reward just bragging rights :).  Honestly I don't think anyone has completed a list yet, since we all seem to love to go off list and play whatever are fancy takes us, which is great.  Personally I find this a great way to have fun, interact with others and see what people are playing and how they enjoy it. 

Being able to go off list also allows you to join and participate in other events that may spring up from time to time and not feel like you stuck in something you currently aren't feeling.  When you complete a game on the list you don't replace it right way.  Once the list is complete you would submit a new list and keep going.  Each list gets 1 swap while that list is active and sorry no stock piling swaps hehe.  I already thought of that myself and @Arethien told me no lets keep it fun.  :)   Please feel free to look over the spreadsheet that we use for tracking the events points and peoples list.  You can find it on the first page of the post or at the bottom of any of @Arethien's posts, @arethien did an amazing job creating it and I try my best not to mess it up when I update peoples games played. 

If you have any more questions please feel free to ask away, I hope you join and look forward to reading about the games you finish.  :) 

• Like 1

Finally, another story done!  I'll be going back for the plat but I'll update again once that happens.

L944ea1.png

Story Done!

So this is kind of cheating because there's a post game story, and then two full other playthroughs to plat because the story changes with different characters, BUT, I did finish the main plot for my first main character.

This game is great but it does wear you down at times.  The reason is the bosses, honestly.  While a lot of them are fantastic, this game does what a lot of modern JRPGs do, and gives the bosses just a ridiculous amount of health to artificially make them harder.  Problem is, if you level up enough, by end game, they are a joke, and just slowed down by the ridiculous amount of HP they have.  They lack highly damaging attacks, and while I know that the Mana games aren't famous for their difficulty, this kind of phoned in challenge is kind of lame.

I do love the world building here though, and while the voice acting is terrible, it's kind of charming at times.  No Star Ocean bad, at least.  The combat is also hella satisfying, and I do enjoy the leveling system a lot.  It's nice that it removes the current trend of skill trees, sort of.  A trend I personally can't stand.  Instead you're allocated points you can assign to one of 5 stats, and sometimes you'll unlock an ability, or sometimes it's just a stat increase.  It's not a skill tree, per se, as you can only pick the type of stats, instead of popping points into a specific skill.  I'm not explaining it well, but trust me.  It's a great way to handle skill allocation.

The story is pretty barebones.  Ever played aa JRPG?  You'll recognize the plot then.  Still, I enjoyed it, and I'm pretty excited for two more playthroughs to finish off the platinum.  I'll be back once I do.

1) Bravely Default 2 - Switch 

2) Skyward Sword - Switch - Finished - 54.5 hours

3) Gurumin A Monstrous Adventure - PC

4) Lost Odyssey - Xbox One 

5) Bayonetta - PS3 

6) Far Cry 4 - PS3 

7) Trials of Mana - PS4 - Story - 28 Hours

8) Crysis 2 - PS3 

9) Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Switch - Finished - 64 hours

10) Army of Two - The 40th Day 

11) Legend of Mana - PS4

Edited by willythom88
  • Like 4

Okay! The list I'd like is...

1.) Stardew Valley (PS4)

2.) God Eater 2: Rage Burst (PS4)

3.) Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town (PS4)

4.) Rune Factory 4 Special (PS4)

5.) Bugsnax (PS5)

6.) Cris Tales (PS5)

7.) Blue Reflection Second Light (PS4)

8.) Cozy Grove (PS4) :platinum:

9.) Genshin Impact (PS5)

10.) Atelier Sophie 2: The Alchemist and the Mysterious Dream (PS4)

I hope its okay that I include Atelier Sophie 2? Its not out until the end of the month but I have it preordered and am very excited for it ?

Edited by JourneySilvers
  • Like 4

Eh, I'll sign up for this.  Hopefully I'll remember to keep updating this thread whenever I clear a game! :D

All games will be on PS4.

In no particular order....

01 - Little Nightmares - not yet started

02 - Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes - not yet started.

03 - Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain - not yet started.

04 - Worms Battlegrounds (29% so far)

05 - Oddworld Soulstorm - not yet started

06 - Uncharted: The Lost Legacy - not yet started

07 - Assassin's Creed Syndicate - not yet started

08 - Red Dead Redemption 2 (32% so far, have only done the MP trophies)

09 - Sniper Elite V2 Remastered - not yet started

10 - Rise of the Tomb Raider - not yet started

....... Damn, I have a lot of work ahead of me!

Edited by StewartBros
  • Like 3

On 2/10/2022 at 3:48 PM, JourneySilvers said:

I hope its okay that I include Atelier Sophie 2? Its not out until the end of the month but I have it preordered and am very excited for it ?

Not at all, welcome aboard.  It is a little late right now so I will update the spreadsheet tomorrow during work hours (hehe, best part of babysitting database refreshes is getting to other things :) ) 

@StewartBros I will do a full review of your list tomorrow as well so far nothing stands out, and it should be all good.

Now to figure out why the site wasn't notifying me of the new posts.... hmmm

• Like 2

I have a few updates. I earned the platinum in Persona 3 Dancing in Moonlight and it took me about 7 hours. It was an enjoyable rhythm game and the music is fantastic, 8.9/10. I cleared the story and earned the platinum in Until Dawn. It took me about 20 hours total and was an interesting take on a horror game where you can see impact your choices had on the characters and the ending, 8.8/10. I cleared the story and earned the platinum in Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order (PS5). It took me about 27 hours total. Playing as a jedi was so much fun and getting to see familiar worlds and characters was amazing, 8.2/10. I cleared the story and earned the platinum in Assassin's Creed Valhalla (PS4). It took me about 120 hours. The story and connections to characters from previous games was excellent and I hope it gets expanded upon in future entries 8.6/10. 

• Like 3

@StewartBros  I know I said everything looked good at first glance, there is one possible issue with Hitman 2.  We generally score story points based on how the site lists base game trophies.  Since you already completed these prior to joining the event, ( looks like back in Nov of 2020), there is also no platinum for this game.  You are welcome to put a specific DLC pack from the game on the list for story points, if you want.  I would recommend considering another game.  You are more than welcome to post once you complete the dlc even if they are not on your List for half points.  It is your call let me know, all the other games look great.

@JourneySilvers you are added fully to the spreadsheet, I look forward to reading your reviews/posts as you complete games :) 

@cjninja125 Games updated to the list.  Congrats on 4 game completions, don't forget you have a swap available to you if you want one of the games you are working on out of list to count for full points :).  I guessed on Persona 3 Dancing in Moonlight being PS4, if it was the vita version please let me know.

@willythom88 Spreadsheet updated.  Glad to hear you enjoyed the game.  I have wanted to play trails of mana myself for years.  I picked up a super famicom version a few years back as well the switch Mana collection.  I hear they altered the boss difficulties (i.e. threw HP at them) for the ps4 remake, not sure if that is true or not.

As always everyone, please check the spreadsheet from time to time and make sure we didn't make any mistakes.  Happy gaming all, and keep those posts coming I love reading them all.

• Like 3

I've cleared and 100% Vampire: The Masquerade - Coteries of New York on PS4, Decent game, 6/10.

Sfb2d9a.png
All 12 Trophies
18th February 2022  Completed in 1 week, 5 days

It for sure took me more that 10 hours, but I have no idea how long exactly.

In comparison to Otome Visual Novel games quality and polish this game leaves much to impress.

Very short, no voice overs. Background arts are animated a tiny bit, which is nice, but character pictures have only one pose and face expression, do not blink or move lips. It also was a little buggy at places. Some problems with feeding and rest. It doesn't have "Already read." text changing color or "Skip only read." to help with consequent playthroughs. I pretty much ended reading the same text three times. It's very easy to accidently make a choice while you just click next if you do it too fast.

Not really any real story spoilers below, but it may influence your game experience, so I hid it:

Spoiler

Pretty much only one route to one ending. Some variations in between. Strangely, even if you recruit three characters to your coterie, only two show up later in the story. I know this is because it's a current day USA, no offence please, but for me many choices were too vulgar and too disrespectful no matter which of three available characters you choose. Recruitable characters story had a nice ending conclusion, but main plot was left too open for my taste. I wanted to know more about Qadir and overall would love more expanded story.

The game does feel like an appetizer, leaving a player wanting more, in waiting for the main dish.

@Spinacheq Thank you for the updates. I checked it up a little, seemed fine, and made few adjustments for the ease of future entries.

I'll leave our new two still in wait members lists to you, as you're already checking them out.

I won't be @ anyone, but I also welcome our, hopefully four, new participants. ?

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Spinacheq said:

@willythom88 Spreadsheet updated.  Glad to hear you enjoyed the game.  I have wanted to play trails of mana myself for years.  I picked up a super famicom version a few years back as well the switch Mana collection.  I hear they altered the boss difficulties (i.e. threw HP at them) for the ps4 remake, not sure if that is true or not.

So I never played the original or the mana collection, but I can attest that the boss HP is kind of a problem.  I actually just finished a fight on my second playthrough and this fight is in a tiny arena, and this boss is only hard because the arena is small and he has a ludicrous amount of health.  It feels cheap honestly.  Fortunately it's not every boss, but when it does happen it's dumb.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, willythom88 said:

So I never played the original or the mana collection, but I can attest that the boss HP is kind of a problem.  I actually just finished a fight on my second playthrough and this fight is in a tiny arena, and this boss is only hard because the arena is small and he has a ludicrous amount of health.  It feels cheap honestly.  Fortunately it's not every boss, but when it does happen it's dumb.

interesting, secret of mana is one of my favorite snes RPGs, if you have played that game how you rate trails to secret?  I am always curious to pick peoples thoughts on RPGs and jRPGs.  

An update on the games ive been playing recently and hoping to get my list finished in the next week.

Far Cry 6 ps5: completed and platinumed (out of list) decent game with good shooting mechanics but the side characters were a bit annoying at certain parts, i think if u like far cry games in general you'd like this one

hitman 3 ps5: completed and platinumed (out of list) A great game and a nice way to end the world of assassination trilogy, plenty of fun and creative ways to kill targets. Cant wait to see what they do with the james bond game the devs are making.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Campaign Remastered ps4 : completed story (out of list) A good campaign overall but i do wish they had remastered the online as well.

mafia 3 faster baby dlc ps4: complete and 100% (out of list) not sure if this counts for both story points and for 100% or just 100% as the story took around 2-3 hours and the side stuff took another 7-8hours. The story was alright but rather short if they had given it more time i think it could have been more interesting.

GunGunGun ps5: platinumed (out of list) A endless shooter where you just have to survive as long as you can, the game is very buggy with stats and your money (bounty) not registering most of the time, although i found a way to get it to register. Noone had the plat at the time when i started it so i tried to be the 1st to plat it but was beaten to it lol 2nd place isnt bad specially with how buggy it is.

• Like 3

Hi all,

i finished the story for „Giraffe and Annika“. Pretty nice short game. The story was really nice and the fact that you can’t fight in this game is really refreshing. 
When you play the game with a guide you can finish it in 4-5 hours I think. I played without a guide and I think I needed 10-11 hours to finish it (had a hard time to find all pictures in the game).

i am not really sure if I will be able to get the plat in this game because the game showed me (again) that I am not fit for rhythm games ?

• Like 3

@sindrics Wow 5 games... nice.  I was starting to think you weren't going to turn anymore in I guess you just like to save them up :).  I got them all entered on the spreadsheet for you, I can't give points for story completion of Mafia 3 Faster Baby DLC, probably won't for any of the dlc on that game as from my memory they shouldn't take longer than 5 to 6 hours each even if you suck at them like I did.  :)  you got 100% clear points for it though as all the rest of those dlc will too.  It seemed like to me like the dlc could have been longer for that game but knowing the history of that game with glitches and other problems I guess we should be luckily it is completable.

@Tenzai1980  got the game crossed off your list, and points added for story, I will of course leave the platinum points section open if you have an update for us in the future for that area.  and Trust I know how you feel on the Rhythm games.

Glad too see all the progress everyone keep up the hard work and happy gaming!! :) 

• Like 1

Time for an update for myself since I forgot to last week hehe

4 new games started and completed all out of list all none story point qualifying as none of them took me at least 10 hours, I was playing them as part of another event that has you play games from common to ultra rare.  And since these were all in my backlog anyways figured what the heck.

A Winter's Daydream (Vita) :platinum: - Really fast visual novel that all you have to do is press x to read the next part.  There are no different story lines it was one of the sometimes you games that was 0.99 cents when the vita store was closing.  The story was nice, the visuals were decent.  Overall a good palette cleanse after the torture of the mechanics and gameplay of Syberia 3.

Batman: The Telltale Series (PS4) :platinum: - What can I say about a telltale game that most people don't already know?  hmm the story was good, definitely a different take on a batman villians  origin story.  I did like how the choices you made only effected how people treated you and wouldn't block you out of certain paths.  Especially since sometimes the choices were, good route, neutral route and jerk route;  while other times it was jerk route, jerk route, massive jerk route.  I didn't like how the quality of bug catching went down exponentially as you went from one episode to the next.  Kinda can tell why telltale had to fold.

Metropolis: Lux Obscura (Vita) :platinum: - Another fast sometimes you published game.  This one had 4 different endings to get, but it really was about 1 hour for each playthrough give or take 15 mins depending on if you got a bad fight or two along the way.  By fight I am being generous it is really a match 3 game were the damage you do is based on the tiles you match up.  Not a bad game, the visuals were nice with a comic book style to them.  The story was grit and raw which was good, and it was definitely not kid friendly as the game had nudity and sex scenes in it.  Overall again another well spent 0.99 cents. :) 

Five Dates (PS4) :platinum: - This was a super fun FMV, and I recommend it if you like FMVs.  The videos were great, they even had the lady who was the campanion from most recent doctor who in it.  The choices you had to make never really punished you if you made 1 or 2 mistakes trying to read the dates personality.  It was a bit on the short side, and didn't like how you started off picking 3 girls to meet on video dates, and no matter how the first date went, you could only pick 2 the next day.  If you picked a girl that didn't like you well you could try and see if the other girl had a connection to you, and it counted the girl you had to drop from the initial 3 as a failed date, even if you know you picked all the right answers and she out right asked you to meet up again.  Like I said though it was still a fun game, though I did have to turn on the subtitles as the wingman's accent was a bit tough for me to catch everything he said.  So far the games from this studio (Wales Interactive) have proven to be fun games though this is the first one of their games I have personally played, I have watched a few people play some of their other FMV titles and they all were fun to watch at least :) 

So that about wraps it up for me, this was really 2 maybe 3 week update.   I am either going to persona 5 to finish it and my first list, or I might swap it out and play Horizon: zero dawn as I want to kinda see about the new one that came out, and should finish the first before I do that. lol.

• Like 2

@willythom88 Congrats, glad to hear the 2nd playthrough was fun.  Was the 3rd because the characters left were so-so or more due to it being a 3rd playthrough and you wanted to move on? :) Just for transparence I updated the completion date on the spreadsheet for be the date of the platinum achievement, just so later I don't forget why it says completion before platinum date hehe.  I am getting old so forgetfulness is a new thing to me.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Spinacheq said:

@willythom88 Congrats, glad to hear the 2nd playthrough was fun.  Was the 3rd because the characters left were so-so or more due to it being a 3rd playthrough and you wanted to move on? :) Just for transparence I updated the completion date on the spreadsheet for be the date of the platinum achievement, just so later I don't forget why it says completion before platinum date hehe.  I am getting old so forgetfulness is a new thing to me.

I sympathize, age is eating at my memory as well.  I appreciate the update.

So a little bit of both.  I was playing through characters I had already done just with a new main character.  It was my "dream team" so to speak.  Unfortunately, other than the beginning and the end, the story beats are very much the same between playthroughs.  It's not bad but once you've seen it it just feels like going through the motions at that point.

• Like 1

On 17/02/2022 at 9:22 PM, Spinacheq said:

@StewartBros  I know I said everything looked good at first glance, there is one possible issue with Hitman 2.  We generally score story points based on how the site lists base game trophies.  Since you already completed these prior to joining the event, ( looks like back in Nov of 2020), there is also no platinum for this game.  You are welcome to put a specific DLC pack from the game on the list for story points, if you want.  I would recommend considering another game.  You are more than welcome to post once you complete the dlc even if they are not on your List for half points.  It is your call let me know, all the other games look great.

No worries, thanks for letting me know.  I've removed Hitman 2 from the list and replaced it with Little Nightmares - hope that's okay. :)

@Arethien @Spinacheq

ive been having alot of issues the 24hrs with my pcsx2 emulator/roms for my last 2 games on my list front mission 4 and rule of rose.

FR4 freezes during a tutorial thats 3/4 through the game for the antilock backpack item the background music still plays and no button input is recognised trapping me in a tutorial you cant skip. Rule of rose just doesnt load i get a black screen when booting the iso, it previously worked when i tested it when i first submitted my list. I have tried getting different roms for both games 4 different roms for front mission 4 and 2 for rule of rose and the problem persists so ive tried other emulators like play! and daemonps2 on my tablet with no success, as far as i can tell it may be a video play issue thats causing it to freeze as i get a error in the pcsx2 console that comes up when it attempts to skip a cutscene to prevent the game from freezing.

Ive tried all the solutions to fix these problems on pcsx2 forums but no luck so im wondering if i can lock my current list and submit a new one or if i can swap the 2 games? i should have a swap available so i can use that for 1 game and then wait 3 months to swap the other if need be.

Finally I finished a game from my list again!!

835557d8-6da8-40fe-9e9c-5cbca0eef46d.png

"Corpse Party: Blood Drive" - 5pb.

Finished story, 0/38 -> 25/38 (PSVita)

I finished the story of my Halloween-Event Game! I played the first two chapters (00 and 01) on the 12th of October. Since then I haven't touched it anymore because I just didn't feel it. Yeah it was kinda creepy but nothing in comparison to the first game. Also it took me way to long to get back into the story and I had to look up lot of stuff on the internet because I played the second installment "Book of Shadows" years ago and didn't remember that much anymore (should have played it again before starting this one. Would have saved me a lot of confusion).

Game introduction (please keep in mind that this is the 3rd game of the Original Trilogy):

Spoiler

Two months after the events of "Book of Shadows", Ayumi Shinozaki just can't move on. Still feeling guilty and responsible for the death of her beloved friends and sister she's determined to get the Book of Shadows back to resurrect those she lost in the Nirwana. But getting the book back means going back to Heavenly Host Elementary School - which has been destroyed and can't be entered anymore - can it?

in the end the game was okay, but sadly a very poor end for the franchise (though the END was fantastic!) - so much potential wasted. The story wasn't bad per se but it just didn't catch me like the first and second one did back in the day. 

The whole change from Pixel to this Chibi-esqe style didn't really fit the setting and there were to many strange things going on (like a teacher confessing to one of the male students???). Could have been SO much better. (But music and synchronization where perfect as usual).

Wouldn't recommend if you don't know your way well around the Heavenly Host-Saga.

Also I finished the story for "The Forest" (PS4). Took me 28 in-game days to find my son and finish the main campaign. One day equals roughly 40 minutes, so it took me quite some time (and that on Peaceful Mode!!).

Editing Information: My Christmas-Event Game ("Assassin's Creed Odyssey") is for PS4, not PS5 :) 

Edited by milk-aholic
  • Like 1

Haven't finished any games, but just to update, I've been mainly focusing my time on Cozy Grove and Genshin Impact. Both are games that require a looooot of patience and checking in daily. I've been enjoying them both, and I would be surprisingly close to the Cozy Grove plat if it wasn't for one trophy ? 

There are so many beautiful moments in Cozy Grove that will interrupt your daily grind and make you just stop and feel for the stories some of the characters have to share. All of the characters are ghosts trying to pass on, so many of their stories are pretty sad, and many of them intertwine with one another.

Edited by JourneySilvers
  • Like 1

@JourneySilvers Just a quick reminder to use spoiler hiders for story details, boss encounters, screenshots etc. that might spoil the fun and/or surprise for other people.

@milk-aholic Description about Corpse Party is also too spoiling I think. I'm guessing you did a paste of an introduction to the third game, which described what happened in the second game? That's a pretty big spoiler, even if it's official from a game cover or developer site.

Edited by Arethien
  • Like 1