A guide to 2014 F1 changes

Memnoch

NOOOOO - fuel restricted to 100kg on board and 100kg/hr max usage.  That means a race like Monza (shortest time wise of the year at about 1hr 20 min) wont be run full throttle as the cars wont make it to the finish.

The Cathederal of Speed, but without the speed. :(

Only one gearbox specification for the year?  8 gears, 8 ratios specified....

Cars will have to use the same settings on Monza and Silverstone as they do on Monaco and Singapore... well I suppose the 8th gear isnt going to get much use in 2014 if thats the case..

I think the MP4-29 looks well though.

but it does look like there is room to have PSNProfiles signed across a lot of that bodywork......

Now that we're getting more information about the cars and the season itself I have opened a thread for that.

https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/12436-f1-2014-season-discussion/

This thread is supposed to be about the rules (and I'm very guilty of getting it off topic) so we should go back to discussing that here. 

So, on topic. I'm generally fine with most of the new rules for this season but one of the stupidest ones is teams can only specify one set of ratios for their 8 speed tranny this year whereas last year they had 30 sets of ratios to choose between. So it seems teams won't be able to set their car completely up for each track which I think will really take away from the racing. I don't see how anyone thought that was a good idea. 

Parker

• Like 1

The change in engines I can understand, the F1 has had a long history of different engines (V10 times, yay!). The one thing I cannot understand is the double points in the last race, it makes no sense whatsoever. I guess Vettel can be proud he is the reason why they brought that in but its a terrible decision in my opinion. Imagine a driver having a good season winning nearly everything, say for example Vettel and has a 30 pts lead into the last race. In the last race he has an engine failure and #2 in the competition wins that race making him the champion. Its basically competion distortion.

Edited by reversj

Oh noes, not less points.

We want the winners to get gold stars that they can put on the side of their cars so we can see how many races they have won during the year.

We want a sprinkler system at the desert tracks to liven them up a bit.

We want topless grid girls, though not at the desert tracks - dont want to cause an international scene at a any place were slave labour may possibly be acceptable but nipples are not.

We want a button in each car that activates a random road side boobytrap for the chasing car.

We want Bernie to leave F1 the fuck alone!

• Like 1

I understand all the work and effort that Bernie has put into making F1 the global show it is. But I really dont understand the odd suggestions of the past few years.

The World Champ is the winner of the most races idea

the double points idea

the taking F1 to places where there are no people at the race tracks as there are no fans there - Valencia, Turkey, China and the like.

and taking classic tracks off the schedule.

Maybe its all bluster and deception but its my believe that since the big split with the missus, Bernie has been a very strange old man indeed.

• Like 1

Oh noes, not less points.

We want the winners to get gold stars that they can put on the side of their cars so we can see how many races they have won during the year.

We want a sprinkler system at the desert tracks to liven them up a bit.

We want topless grid girls, though not at the desert tracks - dont want to cause an international scene at a any place were slave labour may possibly be acceptable but nipples are not.

We want a button in each car that activates a random road side boobytrap for the chasing car.

We want Bernie to leave F1 the fuck alone!

Couldn't agree more with that last sentence, seems to me like Bernie wants a real life Mario Kart

Most teams have gone against the 3 last races being double points, so it won't happen.

Only RedBull wanted to keep it, most journalists and teams believe this is because they are going to suffer in the early stages of the championship :lol:

The double points stuff is a stupid idea, but it would be better to have it for 3 races instead of 1.

"Jenson Button believes this year's Formula One cars won't be much faster than the ones used in the GP2 series."

Bleh, FIA are killing F1 and they're blind to it.