Online Connectivity issues.

princexedar

I think this is just a server fluke, maybe maintenance. There's no reports from EA about shutting down Andromeda's servers to my knowledge. However, this game does have unusual trophies so you can do some thing offline to earn the trophy. Even if online gets shut off down the line, platinum will always be obtainable because of this.

Example: The Unwavering trophy - "Complete an "Insanity" single-player game, or 5 "Gold" multiplayer extractions from any firebase."

As someone who recently earned this plat, if EA pulls the plug on the server, I believe this plat is unobtainable. How does one access the online multiplayer tutorial for the achievement? Strikes seem to run from the server as well, as they are accessible on the app (the guide also notes this as an online-required achievement). I also have heard that the stat tracking in the game, especially in regard to tracking relationships, gets wonky offline.

If indeed the plat is obtainable somehow with the servers killed (the guide also notes online connectivity to servers is required for a few of the trophies), this plat’s rarity (5.5% and climbing) will definitely get rarer. 

Currently the multiplayer is active. If you are in a lobby with someone with a rank XX ultra rare character, for instance, they likely can (and generally will) carry a group to Gold APEX extraction if you play the objectives and help just a bit. I've been in random lobbies myself helping players complete Gold extractions beyond my own plat experience.

Edited by bigrake1
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Did you ever get connected online long enough to get the Multiplayer Tutorial trophy? I'm trying to get online right now and it keeps saying "Network Connection Error. Unable to connect at this time. Please try again later." 

Is this just a temporary or intermittent issue? Or is this platinum unobtainable now?

29 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

Did you ever get connected online long enough to get the Multiplayer Tutorial trophy? I'm trying to get online right now and it keeps saying "Network Connection Error. Unable to connect at this time. Please try again later." 

Is this just a temporary or intermittent issue? Or is this platinum unobtainable now?

Looks like it is temporary.  According to the trophy, it shows that someone earned it today and over a handful of them in September.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/5918-mass-effect-andromeda/23-apex