Meso's Trophy Treehouse

Mesopithecus

:platinum: #270. Summer in Mara

L8fe774.png

I've been enjoying a lot more relaxing, farming/adventure type games and Summer in Mara really does fit the bill for that.  It is very fetch quest heavy, and each of the NPCs have side quests/story arcs that you need to work on - a lot of these are interwoven - but they add to the overall theme of the story.  Resources can be difficult to come by initially, until you start growing out your farm and visiting new islands - money is definitely a thing hard to come by without grinding quite a lot.  I liked this well enough, but after a while it did overstay its welcome.

:platinum: #271. Kitaria Fables

L73d3b9.png

I feel bad for saying this, but this game was one of my biggest disappointments this year.  It's around 3 hours story, and the rest of the time (20 or so hours) just grinding.  Distinct lack of cat puns too.  I do wonder if I played this too soon after Mara as they are kind of similar style games (with the addition of combat in Kitaria)  It is super cute though.

----

Aside from these, I'm now kind of just coasting until STRAY is released on the 19th.  I have Lego DC Supervillains I'm working on when I have time in the evenings - I have managed to clear all of the DLC and currently working my way through the levels again getting all the collectibles.  I'm also actively playing Genshin Impact still, new update has dropped so I have some extra things outside of my dailies to do.  I also downloaded Ys IX to play, which was chosen for me in the PS EXTRA-vaganza event - planning on maybe starting that one at the weekend but that might be a long term ongoing project.

• Like 4