If there was a tool to unlock Darksiders II online trophy, would you use it?

PostalDudeRus

On 6/1/2022 at 6:17 AM, PostalDudeRus said:

So sorry for such a late response, I do visit this forum sometimes, but more rarely with each day, I just saw this topic because of bump. So, long story short, we did some progress but we abandoned project due to poor community response, I've made reddit and topic here and gave links to my partner (who was leading project, he is mastermind in reverse-engineering and done/doing very complex things with game engines, my role was network coding). He refused to continue because he involved in different profitable and more interesting projects atm, me currently working in music producing, we still in contact, but again, he have no interest in helping me if he got nothing else to do atm (and he is). What we managed to do:

- We found out public key of certificate, when connection establishes between client and server. We found out what domains game trying to reach when trying to establish connection and we were about to make simple software that "catches" game requests and sends some dummy info in return, but that was hardest part. We did everything on original PC version, but after running some reverse-engineer test we also did find that same game build were compiled for different consoles, so if we would spend couple of month on this project we probably could make "master server emulator".

WE MIGHT return to it one day, but I can't promise anything beyond that.

Damn, maybe one day you could look into Portal 2?

• Like 4

• 5 months later...

Would love an approved workaround if we ever get one, especially since I'd like to platinum both games on PS3 (and I feel conflicted about only doing so for the first game).

Edited by Zephrese
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...