Treasure hunter. Can it be missed.

Tomoko Kuroki

just saw that you already platted the game Kumies.. grats... planning on getting FF XIII-2?

I think it is safe to sell some stuff like accessory as long as there is still a copy of that stuff in my inventory, just don't sell much of the Components needed to Transform the accessory to the next tier... tried selling Scarletite I gained from Sacrifice grinding... ended up needing them to upgrade last 2 weapons for Fang...

No, haven't really sold anything besides credit chips and incentive chips that I got from farming the Psi-Com soldiers at the end of Chapter 7. I got around 90,000 gil. Which probably won't last me long..

Edited by WhiteWalls7

No, haven't really sold anything besides credit chips and incentive chips that I got from farming the Psi-Com soldiers at the end of Chapter 7. I got around 90,000 gil. Which probably won't last me long..

true.... had my first 100k and I felt I'm super rich... upgraded a weapon and 2 minutes later I'm broke o.O

• Like 1

hmmm... maybe the one that got it is super lucky and used lots of guides... 

I'm sure 41 hours is impossible. I just replayed the game and it took me 40 hours just to complete the story. But I'm a fan of the game so I watched every cut scene and he might have skipped them. Also I got the growth egg in chapter 12 which is a pain to get when your characters are still pretty weak. 

However I died only very few times. But lets say he also died very few times, skipped all the cut scenes BUT getting the growth egg in chapter speeds up getting the platinum by a lot since you are getting double CP from the earliest moment possible. Then he would still spent 25+ hours just getting the story and the growth egg in chapter 12. 

Then he has only 15 hours to complete all 64 Cie'th missions(all with a 5 star rating in 1 run). Beating the Long gui along the way. If he manages to complete this nearly impossible task he still has to kill 5 more oretoises that all 6 drop a Trapezohedron. Then he still needs to get enough CP to max out all characters in all roles including their secondary roles and those take immense amount of CP (60K for Strenght/magic/HP and 120K for abilities). Which he didn't get from the oretoises since they dropped 6 Trapezohedron's in a row which is already extremely unlikely. Then he still needs to get a few Dark Matters from Shaolon gui. And enough gil for a few adimantites since they aren't dropped by any monster at all and cost 220K/each at the shop.

All this again with getting a rare drop from nearly every single monster he killed so he doesn't have to farm gil/componets to level his equipment.

Also it's 41 hours real time not in-game time(if you saw it on a trophy website). So he couldn't sleep for 41 hours. And I never tried it but I assume killing oretoises must be very hard when you haven't slept for 2 days and might not notices he is about to step on your party leader.

So no, it's absolutely impossible. Even when you win every battle the first try and skip all cut scenes AND getting a rare drop from everything you kill which will obviously never happen you still won't make it.

Hey guys. I know this games old. I plat FF13 in just over 80 hours. But I saw a page and the fastest time to plat FF13 was 41hours. Rubbish right?

Hell yeah thats bs. Even 80 hours is quite a good time, there is no way you can plat that game in 41 hours.

I'm sure 41 hours is impossible. I just replayed the game and it took me 40 hours just to complete the story. But I'm a fan of the game so I watched every cut scene and he might have skipped them. Also I got the growth egg in chapter 12 which is a pain to get when your characters are still pretty weak.

However I died only very few times. But lets say he also died very few times, skipped all the cut scenes BUT getting the growth egg in chapter speeds up getting the platinum by a lot since you are getting double CP from the earliest moment possible. Then he would still spent 25+ hours just getting the story and the growth egg in chapter 12.

Then he has only 15 hours to complete all 64 Cie'th missions(all with a 5 star rating in 1 run). Beating the Long gui along the way. If he manages to complete this nearly impossible task he still has to kill 5 more oretoises that all 6 drop a Trapezohedron. Then he still needs to get enough CP to max out all characters in all roles including their secondary roles and those take immense amount of CP (60K for Strenght/magic/HP and 120K for abilities). Which he didn't get from the oretoises since they dropped 6 Trapezohedron's in a row which is already extremely unlikely. Then he still needs to get a few Dark Matters from Shaolon gui. And enough gil for a few adimantites since they aren't dropped by any monster at all and cost 220K/each at the shop.

All this again with getting a rare drop from nearly every single monster he killed so he doesn't have to farm gil/componets to level his equipment.

Also it's 41 hours real time not in-game time(if you saw it on a trophy website). So he couldn't sleep for 41 hours. And I never tried it but I assume killing oretoises must be very hard when you haven't slept for 2 days and might not notices he is about to step on your party leader.

So no, it's absolutely impossible. Even when you win every battle the first try and skip all cut scenes AND getting a rare drop from everything you kill which will obviously never happen you still won't make it.

Hey guys. I know this games old. I plat FF13 in just over 80 hours. But I saw a page and the fastest time to plat FF13 was 41hours. Rubbish right?

S/he probably played the game before on another account/console. There's no way to plat this game on your 1st run so fast like that.

Also, i bet s/he skipped every cutscene.

S/he probably played the game before on another account/console. There's no way to plat this game on your 1st run so fast like that.

Would you think it could be done when someone is very experienced with the game? I am pretty experienced with it and just did another play through. I have 42 hours playtime now.

I died a few times, not that many though. Let's say we take 10 hours off because he skipped the cut scenes. 32 hours.

In this time I completed the story and about half of the cie'th stones. I also got the growth egg in chapter 12 which is very early(the neochu one-shots your characters, his little helpers can also kill you within seconds) to get the maximum amount of CP. My characters are half way stage 10 in their main roles. I haven't put anything in the(more expensive) secondary roles.

I don't see myself coming close to maxing both the primary and the secondary roles in the coming 10 hours. Not even talking about the 6 trapezohedrons and getting all the accessories. My characters can't beat the harder cie'th missions like double Raktavija and Attacus either.

So I, like I said earlier don't think new or experienced players can platinum the game in 41 hours.

Would you think it could be done when someone is very experienced with the game? I am pretty experienced with it and just did another play through. I have 42 hours playtime now.

I died a few times, not that many though. Let's say we take 10 hours off because he skipped the cut scenes. 32 hours.

In this time I completed the story and about half of the cie'th stones. I also got the growth egg in chapter 12 which is very early(the neochu one-shots your characters, his little helpers can also kill you within seconds) to get the maximum amount of CP. My characters are half way stage 10 in their main roles. I haven't put anything in the(more expensive) secondary roles.

I don't see myself coming close to maxing both the primary and the secondary roles in the coming 10 hours. Not even talking about the 6 trapezohedrons and getting all the accessories. My characters can't beat the harder cie'th missions like double Raktavija and Attacus either.

So I, like I said earlier don't think new or experienced players can platinum the game in 41 hours.

actually I think it is possible:

skip scenes

guide for item locations

guide for having 5-star in all mission in one attempt, otherwise reset

trick/cheat(whatever you call it) to get trap(or whatever item you need) in 6 consecutive time by doing the "if you get the trap save, if not - reset"

perfect place for grinding CP...quick

might be time consuming esp with resetting games but it is possible...I think... I dunno if why the guy/gal did that.. maybe for bragging rights? but who cares... maybe he/she just want people to be jealous >_<

That is a waste of 4.5 million gil. I got 8 trapezohedrons while farming platinum ingots.

but it is highly dependent on luck... if a people is impatient and somehow managed to earn at least 4.5 M and only needs the trap to get the treasure hunter trophy.. why not...

actually I think it is possible:

skip scenes

guide for item locations

guide for having 5-star in all mission in one attempt, otherwise reset

trick/cheat(whatever you call it) to get trap(or whatever item you need) in 6 consecutive time by doing the "if you get the trap save, if not - reset"

perfect place for grinding CP...quick

might be time consuming esp with resetting games but it is possible...I think... I dunno if why the guy/gal did that.. maybe for bragging rights? but who cares... maybe he/she just want people to be jealous >_<

but it is highly dependent on luck... if a people is impatient and somehow managed to earn at least 4.5 M and only needs the trap to get the treasure hunter trophy.. why not...

The time shown on trophy websites(Psnprofiles removed them since the record holders are nearly always cheaters) is actual time, not in-game time. So not saving is not an option and only streches it.

5-starring or even completing is not always possible before your characters are far into stage 10. So he needs to farm a lot before doing anything else. A playthrough takes +/- 40h with cut scenes so probably 25-30 without. It might be possible to max your characters by farming the Megistorian and King Behemoth with the growth egg but this will still take several hours(if he kills them once every 2 minutes he gains +/- 400k/hour). Later farming Adamantoises is faster but you need to get stronger first. It might be possible to max your characters in 40h but after that he has only a few hours to get the accessories and 6 trapezohedrons. And ofcourse 5-starring all cie'th missions.

Ohhh... 

The time shown on trophy websites(Psnprofiles removed them since the record holders are nearly always cheaters) is actual time, not in-game time. So not saving is not an option and only streches it.

5-starring or even completing is not always possible before your characters are far into stage 10. So he needs to farm a lot before doing anything else. A playthrough takes +/- 40h with cut scenes so probably 25-30 without. It might be possible to max your characters by farming the Megistorian and King Behemoth with the growth egg but this will still take several hours(if he kills them once every 2 minutes he gains +/- 400k/hour). Later farming Adamantoises is faster but you need to get stronger first. It might be possible to max your characters in 40h but after that he has only a few hours to get the accessories and 6 trapezohedrons. And ofcourse 5-starring all cie'th missions.

Ooooh.. thought it's game time... definitely a cheater... ^_^ dunno why do they cheat in a game... 

Because I needed between 5-6 million gil (= 40 platinum ingots) to upgrade everything (I had those catalogs equiped) and waisting 4.5 million just means more grinding for money. If people really want to use the duplication method, I'd advise to grind all the money they need first (4.5 million for the dupe trick + 6 million to upgrade + 2 million to buy 1 trap). Chances are you'll get enough trapezohedrons. If not, than you could always resort to duping.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 1

Not to mention the money for all the upgrades (got 5M without grinding? Ha!).

And that you can only buy 99 of every item wich means going to the store at least....what?.....30 times or so? Doesn't seems like much (maybe one hour total) but anyway.

Not to mention the money for all the upgrades (got 5M without grinding? Ha!).

And that you can only buy 99 of every item wich means going to the store at least....what?.....30 times or so? Doesn't seems like much (maybe one hour total) but anyway.

Yeah the farming for weapons and CP takes just too long to do in those +/- 10 hours. Even when you are lucky enough to get 6 Trapezohedrons in a row which statistically has a chance of 0,000000015625%(on in 64M attempts)to happen, I doubt you can get the CP and get 5 stars for every Cie'th stone.

Having a maximum of 99 of one item is one of the things that always annoyed me about the game. I always buy 50 egnimatic fluids to get the 200% bonus exp for weapons and accessories. Only 4K gil so I can buy it often. And you can only buy it once. Then you end up with 49 and have to go back to buy the last one :/

I kinda cheated for the treasure hunter trophy lol? I had only two traps. Turned one trap into three, I upgraded all the accessories required for the trophy. Saved. Sold them all for money, kept two genji gloves. Upgraded genji gloves. Dismantled them (6 traps now) upgraded the weapons with the money I had, got the trophy then quit. Is that cheating or does everyone do that lol?

I kinda cheated for the treasure hunter trophy lol? I had only two traps. Turned one trap into three, I upgraded all the accessories required for the trophy. Saved. Sold them all for money, kept two genji gloves. Upgraded genji gloves. Dismantled them (6 traps now) upgraded the weapons with the money I had, got the trophy then quit. Is that cheating or does everyone do that lol?

Nah I sold a lot of items towards the end of the list to buy some Dark Matters because I was sick of farming. I never needed to dup traps because I got more than 10 while farming platinum ingots. Either way, upgrading weapons doesn't have to be expensive if you now what variation of the weapon you want. The weakest are way cheaper, of course only works with the tier 3 weapons, you still need all the tier 2.

More then ten traps? Lucky guy. People usually farm for hours and end up with none lol. I didn't care about traps for some reason. I farmed dark matters and got them all within 10 tries. Was all luck though.

Yeah you can imagine how much of a pain was getting enough platinum ingots xD And catalogs didn't seemed to help much.

Hmmm..... have you already finished the game? If not, you're lucky, I found a vid in Youtube that says there is a good farming site in Orphan's Cradle fighting Sacrifice over and over again, it's only doable by the way if you haven't finished the story since once you have finished the story, it somehow destroy a passageway that is the main key for the Sacrifices to re-spawn immediately.. here's the vid for details:

didn't found this out after finishing the game... so therefore I am currently having trouble earning gil... been farming on Shaolong Gui for hours... but no luck.. only got 3 Gold Nugget even equipped with Collector's Catalog >_< so if you haven't finished the game yet.. better give this a try...

I just got to this part, and I'll be spending some time doing just this. Should help immensely with gil and upgrading. I'll also go back to Gran Pulse and do some missions I skipped. 

I know this thread is mainly about the Treasure Hunter trophy, but since it seems like it's the unofficial FFXIII trophy thread, you'll have to forgive me for asking. About the Superstar trophy, can you attempt this after you've already beaten the boss? Or is it a one-time only thing?

I just got to this part, and I'll be spending some time doing just this. Should help immensely with gil and upgrading. I'll also go back to Gran Pulse and do some missions I skipped. 

I know this thread is mainly about the Treasure Hunter trophy, but since it seems like it's the unofficial FFXIII trophy thread, you'll have to forgive me for asking. About the Superstar trophy, can you attempt this after you've already beaten the boss? Or is it a one-time only thing?

You can get Superstar trophy whenever you want, it doesn't matter if its first, second or 10yh attempt.

• Like 1

You can fight him as many times as you want, so no problem there.

• Like 1