The Virtuous Cycle - Seeds sharing

Luckymaniac

Yes, I just unlocked all shades and doing a obsidian cycle now... and it's really not that bad, since you recover all health when you find a instinct, stamina is almost unlimited, and it's literally just hope to get as many +attack instincts as possible until the final bosses. I got +10 in the first area and then bugged in the floor so had to start again...

Oh crap.  I just had a thought.  Brother Corvid is a NPC that is there with an interaction dot.  I couldn t interact because i wasn t Harros(i assume). Anyone had a chat yet?  Is this the path forward?  See if he can chat with the OBF as you will be right there.  What would happen if you interact with Harros, then return with eridrim on a future run?

Update, got glimpse of cowardice from harros, and admiration from eridrim.  Probably a dead end unless thestus is hiding in the Seat somewhere.

Edited by maisie666

Yeah 24 or 12 runs would be nuts, and it's not only about the amount of runs but the fact that it's RNG. No way that's the case. 3 people got the trophy already maybe they'll chime in eventually.

So far I've completed 3 cycles with different weapons and shells, and 2 times I got the same variation of shells at the end.

I think these are the only decent seeds I've gotten with good drops early on: 

- The chest in the first campsite you find in the base game contains Nascent Tar and Glimpse of Futility.

- 2 of the items on the ground on the way to the Tower are a Glimpse of Wisdom and Glimpse of Affection.

- On the upper level of the Tower there's a Glimpse of Disdain on the ground.

So that's 32 glimpses and 2,500 tar and you don't really have to fight anything, you just have to backtrack a bit cause you spawn near the tunnel where Ven Noctivagu is.

- Superior Moonshine outside the Tower (where you find a Weltcap in the base game).

- Ornate and Mortal Token outside the Tower (same location as above, very close to this "Weltcap" there's a Tarspore too).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UndeadSephx said:

Yes, I just unlocked all shades and doing a obsidian cycle now... and it's really not that bad, since you recover all health when you find a instinct, stamina is almost unlimited, and it's literally just hope to get as many +attack instincts as possible until the final bosses. I got +10 in the first area and then bugged in the floor so had to start again...

Normally, the instincts are link to the seed. So if we find a seed with good +attack instincts, we can share it.

Edited by Luckymaniac

I wonder if that trophy will pop when you finish this OBF run for 7 seeds returned.  

So I have 7 finished cycles, and it coincided with my obsidian run. After that I got the No Lifer and True Nektar trophies and then it unlocked new difficulty levels for the dlc (x2 up to x6)

So the only one I am missing is There Can Only Be One (Beat all variations of the Dark Shells in The Virtuous Cycle) but I'll probably take a break until I know for sure how to unlock. 

Another person got the trophy today and he doesn't seem to have the True Nektar trophy (7 cycles)

Edited by UndeadSephx

What are the 'Dark Shells'?  Is Evil Baghead one? The final bosses are called corrupted seeds i think.  Is this a bugged trophy? 

My new thought is you have to beat the game with all 6 of the original characters(they look dark lol).  The upgraded(runic unlock) versions don t count.  I should have that done by tonight.  Guess we will find out.

Edited by maisie666
just trying to be clearer on what i think the requirement is

7 minutes ago, maisie666 said:

What are the 'Dark Shells'?  Is Evil Baghead one? The final bosses are called corrupted seeds i think.  Is this a bugged trophy? 

My new thought is you have to beat the game with all the original characters(they look dark).  The upgraded skins don t count.  I should have that done by tonight.  Guess we will find out.

I'm pretty sure that the "Dark Shells" are the final boss of the DLC. If you look AT the trophy icon, it's your caracter with all the four original Shells with glowy eyes.

I'm 99% sure it's just an other name for the boss. In the original game, the skin are also called "Corrupted Shell"

On 2021-08-22 at 11:17 AM, maisie666 said:

Heres the one i did last night.  Is this really the requirement? Thats a lot of cycles.  

932648  Eridrim  Solomon +Tiel   Harros

Just completed the following cycle with Tiel coming in first:

893183    Tiel    Harros + Eridrim    Solomon

I wonder if all variations of the Dark Shells might simply mean all variations of the solo and duo battles. For example if your first seed's final battle is (Harros - Solomon/Tiel - Eredrim) and your second seed's final battle is (Solomon - Harros/Eredrim - Tiel) then you've already completed all the single battles and the only duo battles you're missing are Harros/Solomon, Harros/Tiel, Solomon/Eredrim, and Tiel/Eredrim.

This would mean only six runs are necessary for all dark shell variations.

Edited by Vextens
One of the remaining duo battles was incorrect.

6 minutes ago, UndeadSephx said:

You are absolutely right. I have it at 100% once again.

These are the unique combinations I recorded and on the last one the trophy popped... pick the ones you are missing. 

173141 Harros eredrim + tiel solomon
950362 solomon eredrim + harros tiel
106586 harros eredrim + solomon tiel
300000 eredrim harros + solomon tiel
700000 tiel harros + eredrim solomon
932648 eredrim solomon+tiel harros

Nice thanks ;)

So guess now we need to do 'process of elimination' for this to find the EXACT requirements 

If I do ONLY 173141 and 300000 and the trophy pops with that, then @Vextens theory is correct! 

I've not really played much VC as had to 100% main game again, but once I get onto this, I will make sure that I do THESE seeds or 2 others with the same boss variation first so hopefully I can confirm if this is the specific requirement or not

Thanks every1 for ur input so far btw ;)

Does anybody know what the TEMPORAL STONE item is by any chance??

14 minutes ago, UndeadSephx said:

These are the unique combinations I recorded and on the last one the trophy popped... pick the ones you are missing. 

Not the hero we deserved, but the hero we needed ?

2 hours ago, Zizoo_09 said:

Just completed the following cycle with Tiel coming in first:

893183    Tiel    Harros + Eridrim    Solomon

6 hours ago, UndeadSephx said:

6 hours ago, maisie666 said:

Oh crap.  I just had a thought.  Brother Corvid is a NPC that is there with an interaction dot.  I couldn t interact because i wasn t Harros(i assume). Anyone had a chat yet?  Is this the path forward?  See if he can chat with the OBF as you will be right there.  What would happen if you interact with Harros, then return with eridrim on a future run?

Update, got glimpse of cowardice from harros, and admiration from eridrim.  Probably a dead end unless thestus is hiding in the Seat somewhere.

40 minutes ago, Luckymaniac said:

Not the hero we deserved, but the hero we needed 1f600.png

55 minutes ago, UndeadSephx said:

Major MAJOR apologies for this guy's, don't mean to call you all up, every1 seems to not have but I just need to ask Has anybody come across a Temporal Stone??

No is great, at least it then tells me this may be seasonal or really well hidden, and if yes, then my curiosity is satisfied and I can rest xD

(It's at VERY bottom of consumables tab btw in compendium, under Rotten Gourd)

Edited by Optinooby

@OptinoobyIt's my understanding that you receive a Temporal Stone when you choose a dungeon token. The Stone will instantly teleport you into the dungeon so you don't have to trek across Fallgrim to get there. Though that doesn't make sense for any dungeons past the first so my guess would be maybe it allows you to teleport to the beginning of whichever dungeon you have a token for. So, say you're in the last dungeon and very close to the end the stone would take you back to the entrance. This is purely speculation as I haven't tried it at all.

The basis for teleporting at least into the first dungeon is from 55:00 in the following video: Mortal Shell: The Virtuous Cycle - Starter Guide + Strategies - YouTube

55 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Major MAJOR apologies for this guy's, don't mean to call you all up, every1 seems to not have but I just need to ask Has anybody come across a Temporal Stone??

No is great, at least it then tells me this may be seasonal or really well hidden, and if yes, then my curiosity is satisfied and I can rest xD

(It's at VERY bottom of consumables tab btw in compendium, under Rotten Gourd)

I think its the stone that you choose at the starting area for which temple to visit.  You then get one when you finish a temple to teleport to the next.  Also i see when you remove the barrier around the nectar drink it sayes temporal stone removed.

Is there a typo, Harros + eredrim appears twice?

2 hours ago, Vextens said:

@OptinoobyIt's my understanding that you receive a Temporal Stone when you choose a dungeon token. The Stone will instantly teleport you into the dungeon so you don't have to trek across Fallgrim to get there. Though that doesn't make sense for any dungeons past the first so my guess would be maybe it allows you to teleport to the beginning of whichever dungeon you have a token for. So, say you're in the last dungeon and very close to the end the stone would take you back to the entrance. This is purely speculation as I haven't tried it at all.

The basis for teleporting at least into the first dungeon is from 55:00 in the following video: Mortal Shell: The Virtuous Cycle - Starter Guide + Strategies - YouTube

1 hour ago, maisie666 said:

think its the stone that you choose at the starting area for which temple to visit.  You then get one when you finish a temple to teleport to the next.  Also i see when you remove the barrier around the nectar drink it sayes temporal stone removed.

3 hours ago, UndeadSephx said:

Great got it, thanks guys, I was worrying too much!! Shame these tokens are a random pillar, even on same seed, they move around don't they 

3 hours ago, UndeadSephx said:

I'm looking at this more in depth, and I just cant figure out what type of variation ur trophy trigger finished as whatever u look at, no variation type is complete, it can't be as Vextens suggested as you never did a Tiel + Harris duo battle 

Guess trophy could be buggy, game isn't exactly without its flaws

On 22/08/2021 at 7:18 PM, maisie666 said:

965988  Nascent Tar on ground at spawn, 3 golden bells, on way to grisha, in chest, and through tunnel towards narthax another in the chest there.  About 60 secs

I tried this mate for the Golden Bells as there is a glitch with them where they stack and become infinite duration, but when I load this seed, it's a Glimpse of Truth at the start and no Golden Bells on way to Geisha (only 1 O found was near main game start spawn)

Did you put the wrong seed here or am I getting different RNG will some weird reason??

1 hour ago, Optinooby said:

I tried this mate for the Golden Bells as there is a glitch with them where they stack and become infinite duration, but when I load this seed, it's a Glimpse of Truth at the start and no Golden Bells on way to Geisha (only 1 O found was near main game start spawn)

Did you put the wrong seed here or am I getting different RNG will some weird reason??

I just played a seed last night that had 7-9 GB's around Fallgrim tower (120000) ornate token and GB right at spawn. I've been saving them up, you say they are glitched to stack and be indefinite? That would be super helpful in spamming supers on bosses hahah.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Studfox said:

I just played a seed last night that had 7-9 GB's around Fallgrim tower (120000) ornate token and GB right at spawn. I've been saving them up, you say they are glitched to stack and be indefinite? That would be super helpful in spamming supers on bosses hahah.

Cool, nice mate thanks, that's VERY good seed for GB farming.

I've got another seed I'm currently running where u get Super Hard in Fallgrim, though I'm running atm so can't get seed number just yet.

Yea the glitch, keep it quiet XD, you MUST USE BELLS FROM THE INVENTORY SCREEN. When used from here, they keep stacking instead of replacing each other. I had it working on Bronze and Golden Bells, didn't test much else.

What will happen, is the latest use will consume and deplete as normal, but all the previous ones which should have been replaced but wasn't (due to glitch), just stick there and never deplete!!!

Don't leave game otherwise buffs disappear, and I had 6 stacked at one point, a single R1 attack filled a resolve bar lol

Does Super Hard work with Foundling??

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

I just done my first Seed and basically just cheesed it, like real real bad with 50 secs invincibility always!! I actually can't believe this is a thing.

So Epic Super Hard last for 16 secs (30% chance), along for Harden for Longer, I think that improves it.

In Fallgrim I got Epic Super Hard up to Epic VI and it was lasting for 45 secs with 45% chance. I then got Legendary after VI (not sure that's a requirement) and it went to 50% chance and lasted for 52 secs lmfao!!

So that was almost a minute of invincibility almost always, works on Foundling too!! I actually still can't believe they let us do this

What are your OP builds, anything better than this or is this about how powerful you get?? I didn't have Ability Leech which would have made it even better!!

Edited by Optinooby

29 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

I just done my first Seed and basically just cheesed it, like real real bad with 50 secs invincibility always!! I actually can't believe this is a thing.

So Epic Super Hard last for 16 secs (30% chance), along for Harden for Longer, I think that improves it.

In Fallgrim I got Epic Super Hard up to Epic VI and it was lasting for 45 secs with 45% chance. I then got Legendary after VI (not sure that's a requirement) and it went to 50% chance and lasted for 52 secs lmfao!!

So that was almost a minute of invincibility almost always, works on Foundling too!! I actually still can't believe they let us do this

What are your OP builds, anything better than this or is this about how powerful you get?? I didn't have Ability Leech which would have made it even better!!

If you don't mind sharing what was the seed for that run that gave you Super Hard so early? As for me, the most busted run I've had was getting Epic Dagger Roll. 50% chance to shoot out daggers in 8 directions when you roll. However if you can aim it just right then you can occasionally roll into an enemy or boss and all the daggers will hit that single enemy hitting for massive damage and just annihilating their health.

1 hour ago, Vextens said:

If you don't mind sharing what was the seed for that run that gave you Super Hard so early? As for me, the most busted run I've had was getting Epic Dagger Roll. 50% chance to shoot out daggers in 8 directions when you roll. However if you can aim it just right then you can occasionally roll into an enemy or boss and all the daggers will hit that single enemy hitting for massive damage and just annihilating their health.

836881, you start the cycle with a Harden ability (assuming u have no shade I think), so that the next one will be the Super Hard.

Then the Geisha will drop Epic Super Hard. I've done it 3 times now, it always drops Epic Super Hard, not sure if that's because of the Runic Gate chance %, or because it's a miniboss type enemy, but that Epic by default gives u 16 secs invincibility and a 30% chance to get the buff. All you do is keep hardening until the buff triggers, then next time harden is the Enhanced Harden!!

There may be a better spot to get it in the level yet so don't have to fight the Grisha, I've still got tonnes of testing to do.

If you keep upgrading these harden perks, I ended up with 50 secs invincibility and 50% chance to trigger, it's so broken mate.

You actually start right near the Grisha, u could run to it, take out the 2 goblins near it and kill if quick if u have superior Moonshine saved.

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1