How is this game? Trophy thoughts?

Ashbo

Watched the trailer for this last week and it has a medieval GTA vibe about it with the main character reminding me a bit like Jimmy Hopkins from Bully weirdly.

For those playing, does it play well, is it any good? 

Trophies appear straight forward, but would be keen to hear thoughts.

7 hours ago, Ashbo said:

Watched the trailer for this last week and it has a medieval GTA vibe about it with the main character reminding me a bit like Jimmy Hopkins from Bully weirdly.

For those playing, does it play well, is it any good? 

Trophies appear straight forward, but would be keen to hear thoughts.

Played it on PC and Rustler is a funny game but it was terrible to control, has godawful difficulty spikes, unfair checkpoints, and is repetitive. I wanted to like it but the problems above drove me away eventually. My patience had run thin. I’d be interested in hearing if they made a ton of changes (improvements) for the console versions.

• 1 month later...
On 30/08/2021 at 4:02 PM, NMErickson said:

Played it on PC and Rustler is a funny game but it was terrible to control, has godawful difficulty spikes, unfair checkpoints, and is repetitive. I wanted to like it but the problems above drove me away eventually. My patience had run thin. I’d be interested in hearing if they made a ton of changes (improvements) for the console versions.

Ive had it on for literally five mins and the decision to allocate a slight push down on L3 as the mechanic to bring up the game map is truly awful. I’m already considering turning it off as there doesn’t seem to be an option to map it to another button. I know I’m a bit heavier handed than some, but I’m not a Lenny.  Its already been up four times and I’ve barely played five mins of it.

Also ive had one fight (tutorial) and can already see that the fixed camera is going to be a pain as I couldn’t see who I was fighting as he was behind a building

• 4 weeks later...

Finished the story last night, working on the rest of the trophies for the plat just now. For me, it's a DO NOT BUY, or wait for a huge discount. It's one of the glitchiest game I've ever played. Missions are often glitched, sometimes they don't load properly so you just stare at a black screen, or the NPC won't do what they're supposed to, so you cannot progress properly and must reload an older save to redo the mission. Thankfully the game autosaves before every mission, so you never lose too much progress, but it happened way too frequently in my playthrough and got very irritating.

Edited by whassupbun

• 2 years later...

Overall I had a good experience. I was looking for something fun, short and silly after going for 100% on Assassin's Creed Valhalla and it did the job. You'll enjoy it much more if you got to play GTA 1/2 back in the day, as the devs tried to mimick it in every possible way - including the hilarious intro cinematic.

As a consequence it has very much the same weaknesses as those old games : horrendous controls which will keep you getting stuck in corners and walls (especially while riding), combat that feels very random and tedious Fedex-style side activities. I did encounter a variety of bugs, but nothing game-breaking.