Suddenly lost access to DLC

Vern3r0z

I was doing a run in the DLC, and quit out to back up my save and progress in the DLC, (which i had done prevoiusly many times with no issues). When i had backed up the save and went back to my game, there was no option to start the DLC from the main menu. Weird i thought, and clicked continue to see if that would have done the job. My game loaded up and to my suprise the statue to the DLC was gone. Also Hadern is nowhere to be found. PSN store shows the DLC as purchased and installed. Has this happened to anyone else too?

EDIT: and suddenly it seems to work again, dont know what the hell that was about.

Edited by Vern3r0z

11 minutes ago, leandrorhcp said:

Things like these makes me wonder why people want a digital-only future. You don't own ever own the game, only a mere license that can be revoked anytime or in this case, made unreachable due to external issues.

Money. And also people are stupid for wanting it.

8 minutes ago, leandrorhcp said:

Things like these makes me wonder why people want a digital-only future. You don't own ever own the game, only a mere license that can be revoked anytime or in this case, made unreachable due to external issues.

Things like this and the whole thing with Ps Vitas randomly deactivating themselves the past few months really just hit home all the more that I don't actually own any of my digital games. It's kinda depressing. Despite how much I've been looking forward to it, I've been holding off on Psychonauts 2 for the primary reason that it's digital only. Hoping it gets some kind of physical at some point.

To OP, it probably is because of PSN currently having issues. I have a friend who owns a game physically, but because the DLC is digital and they haven't activated their PS4 as primary, they're locked out of playing it entirely currently. If you haven't already, make sure you activate your console as primary (when PSN is back up of course), it should hopefully prevent issues like this in the future. Unless of course it decides to de-activate itself in the future (like Vitas have been doing), but that's a whole 'nother can of worms and probably isn't likely to happen to the PS4 or PS5 any time soon anyway.

47 minutes ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

Things like this and the whole thing with Ps Vitas randomly deactivating themselves the past few months really just hit home all the more that I don't actually own any of my digital games. It's kinda depressing. Despite how much I've been looking forward to it, I've been holding off on Psychonauts 2 for the primary reason that it's digital only. Hoping it gets some kind of physical at some point.

To OP, it probably is because of PSN currently having issues. I have a friend who owns a game physically, but because the DLC is digital and they haven't activated their PS4 as primary, they're locked out of playing it entirely currently. If you haven't already, make sure you activate your console as primary (when PSN is back up of course), it should hopefully prevent issues like this in the future. Unless of course it decides to de-activate itself in the future (like Vitas have been doing), but that's a whole 'nother can of worms and probably isn't likely to happen to the PS4 or PS5 any time soon anyway.

Yeah, i also have the physical disc with digital dlc and not set my ps4 as primary. Just scrolled to rocket league (digital) and there the lock icon was. Kinda wierd that you cant play a dlc for a physical game...