Hitman 2 PSA; which DLC packs Plus owners should buy for 100%

Golem25

I just realized something, because I was trying to remember what I did when I bought the 3 Hitman games earlier last year. Before realizing that I needed to play all 3 games individually to earn all trophies, I originally planned to play Hitman 1 and 2 in Hitman 3 from the start. In order to do this, I imported Hitman 1 levels into Hitman 3 to get the trophies for the Paris mission in Hitman 3. This means that I would have claimed the Legacy pack and imported it into Hitman 3 (but not 2) at some point, correct?

I think this is why I thought that I was in good shape and didn't need to do anything particular for Hitman 2 before January 26. Is there something I am missing, since Hitman 2 still tells me I don't have access to the legacy levels? Like did I have to claim the legacy pack in BOTH Hitman 2 and 3? I think I have all DLC downloaded for all games currently, but I feel like I could be missing something. Any help on this is appreciated.

9 hours ago, TheVengeance1231 said:

I redownloaded the game, I has everything but no "Hitman 2 - HITMAN Legacy: Bonus Missions DLC" ??

I checked I have installed it, but I cannot found in the in-game menu, where can find it?

Edit: Found it, they are in Italy and Morocco, lucky I have claim that few years before, thanks everyone. Will play asap.

Glad this worked out for you! Before redownloading the games did you not have the required legacy DLC for Hitman 2? Or was that something that changed? I'm pretty sure I have the Legacy DLC associated with Hitman 3 but not Hitman 2 currently, although I'll have to check when I'm home. 

I can't imagine how they could have manged to make this process any more convoluted originally.

Edited by FlexibleCub986
Added text

14 hours ago, FlexibleCub986 said:

I just realized something, because I was trying to remember what I did when I bought the 3 Hitman games earlier last year. Before realizing that I needed to play all 3 games individually to earn all trophies, I originally planned to play Hitman 1 and 2 in Hitman 3 from the start. In order to do this, I imported Hitman 1 levels into Hitman 3 to get the trophies for the Paris mission in Hitman 3. This means that I would have claimed the Legacy pack and imported it into Hitman 3 (but not 2) at some point, correct?

I think this is why I thought that I was in good shape and didn't need to do anything particular for Hitman 2 before January 26. Is there something I am missing, since Hitman 2 still tells me I don't have access to the legacy levels? Like did I have to claim the legacy pack in BOTH Hitman 2 and 3? I think I have all DLC downloaded for all games currently, but I feel like I could be missing something. Any help on this is appreciated.

Glad this worked out for you! Before redownloading the games did you not have the required legacy DLC for Hitman 2? Or was that something that changed? I'm pretty sure I have the Legacy DLC associated with Hitman 3 but not Hitman 2 currently, although I'll have to check when I'm home. 

I can't imagine how they could have manged to make this process any more convoluted originally.

I don't start Hitman 3 yet, so will not play it.

What I talking about is Hitman 2.

Seems I have claimed Hitman 1 's DLC few years ago when I get all multiplayer trophies at that time.

Once I redownload the game with all DLC, then I see all the content are there in the in-game menu.

• 2 weeks later...

So I recently bought a copy of the Hitman 2 Gold Edition steelbook on eBay because I wanted the steelbook. I already own the expansion pass and the seller made no mention of the code anyway.

This morning it arrived and from what I can tell the Gold Edition code is unused! Why would they buy that version of the game and not redeem the code ?‍♂️

Anyway, from I’ve been reading on this thread I’m guessing the code is of no use to anyone now because even if you claim the code you can’t claim the content via the in game menu on Hitman 2 anymore?

Interestingly on the PS Store / App all the Hitman 2 expansion pass content is still listed, just not the legacy stuff. Or can I see it because I already own it and have downloaded it?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi d3vil_uk,

Can you confirm that it is no longer possible to claim the Expansion Pass content for Hitman 2 anymore using the Gold Edition code? I consider buying Hitman 2 Gold Edition just to be able to claim the Expansion Pass content as it is not available anymore through the PlayStation Store or any other regular means. I'd really like to know if I would be buying it for nothing then...

Edited by De_Sama
  • Like 1

On 08/02/2023 at 9:54 PM, FlexibleCub986 said:

Judging from you PSN profiles, I can you see that you have successfully unlocked the Hitman Legacy Pack trophies in Hitman 2? So what exactly happened?

4 hours ago, Sawyer-Ford34 said:

Judging from you PSN profiles, I can you see that you have successfully unlocked the Hitman Legacy Pack trophies in Hitman 2? So what exactly happened?

Yes, I was able to. Although I purchased the ability to download the content with the Hitman 1 GOTY edition, I was never able to download it myself since I was locked out after the January 26 conversion to Hitman 3. I had to use the console sharing method referenced in the other Hitman 2 thread.

I saw your response in that thread and it does unlock the trophies for your account (plus the content is not region specific so that doesn't end up being an issue). I understand your confusion though, console sharing was completely new to me. So it ended up working, the only real issue is finding someone to console share with. They have to either be physically present to log into your console or be someone that trusts you with their email/password information. If you have a friend that downloaded the content previously though, you are in good shape! 

This was my first experience with console sharing, but if you have any questions, let me know. I only used it for the content that I had purchased and was locked out of due to the convoluted and baffling way that certain DLC was handled for these games. Hopefully you know someone that has the content, and if so, you should be good to go! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FlexibleCub986 said:

Yes, I was able to. Although I purchased the ability to download the content with the Hitman 1 GOTY edition, I was never able to download it myself since I was locked out after the January 26 conversion to Hitman 3. I had to use the console sharing method referenced in the other Hitman 2 thread.

I saw your response in that thread and it does unlock the trophies for your account (plus the content is not region specific so that doesn't end up being an issue). I understand your confusion though, console sharing was completely new to me. So it ended up working, the only real issue is finding someone to console share with. They have to either be physically present to log into your console or be someone that trusts you with their email/password information. If you have a friend that downloaded the content previously though, you are in good shape! 

This was my first experience with console sharing, but if you have any questions, let me know. I only used it for the content that I had purchased and was locked out of due to the convoluted and baffling way that certain DLC was handled for these games. Hopefully you know someone that has the content, and if so, you should be good to go! 

Awesome! I am happy that you could manage to get your missing trophies ;-) That's good news, I need to find someone to console share with now. At least players like us are not totally stuck now. There is still hope!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sawyer-Ford34 said:

Awesome! I am happy that you could manage to get your missing trophies ;-) That's good news, I need to find someone to console share with now. At least players like us are not totally stuck now. There is still hope!

Thank you! :) Yeah, I was happy it worked out, especially since I thought I had claimed it (turns out I had claimed the expansion pack in Hitman 2 for the 3 multiplayer modes, and the Hitman 1 maps in Hitman 3, but not in 2). I had given up hope until I saw the reply in the other thread.

Hopefully you could find someone to help you out! It's probably not that hard, the whole console sharing concept was just new to me. 

• 4 weeks later...

Nobody replied and I couldn't find it out any other way, so I decided to buy a new physical copy of Hitman 2 Gold Edition, which arrived last week. I can now confirm that it still is possible to claim the Expansion Pass content using the code that comes with the Gold Edition. I used console sharing to get the Legacy trophies - it turned out the brother of a friend of mine possessed that content

Edited by DaivRules

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, 

now I want to start to complete the Hitman series. Before the delisting it was possible to check wether you have downloaded every dlc and especially the legacy pack by seeing a green tickle. I just wanted to double check again but now in the store tab within Hitman you can just buy the World of Assassination game. Is there any way you can check that you have everything? I mean when I look at the Manage Game Content I can see every installed dlc and it match with the trophies dlc, so I guess I am good to go. 

• 1 month later...

I thought i had legacy packs.... i have the definitive edition of H1 with all dlcs and everything thats ever been released!!!

So am i screwed now??? Or what am i doing wrong? Is there annyway to import dlcs so H2 recognises them from H1 Deffinitive?? 

Hope theres an way guys! And i guess the complete first season version on disc is the goty btw?... because i have the deffinitive one, so the H2 does not register the Legacy packs ? what to do??

Heres 2 pics that i find it really wierd...

H2 stuff is shared with H1 for some reason but the dlcs from H1 is not being shared with H2, i read on reddit that H1 shares them as legacy packs..

https://imgur.com/gallery/gfUG8rb

https://imgur.com/gallery/gfUG8rb