Hitman 2 PSA; which DLC packs Plus owners should buy for 100%

Golem25

6 hours ago, NamoPh said:

I'm seeing that I still have the option to claim the PS+ offering despite owning the Gold Edition. Is there a point in claiming it? Is there a risk of breaking my library in this flawlessly functioning store if I do?

There is no benefit, nor downside.

I personally grabbed the starter pack first and the ps+ version doesn't show up in my library. the starter pack is basically the full game, you just unlock the content. same with the ps+ version.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys. I describe here a problem I am having with the Hitman 2 dlc. After reading the whole post, I think it is the most suitable topic to report this experience. After I added Hitman 2 with PS Plus membership and played most of the missions I decided to purchase the expansion pack separately for € 9.99. Unfortunately, after purchasing the pass, the download does not start and there was no way to download the pack or additional missions. I thought I had full HD, I deleted some games and released about 170 gb, but nothing the download does not start. I tried to shut down, restart the console but nothing, and try to download from ps store, but nothing. I have contacted support but no response. So I thought of starting a dispute on paypal for the purchase describing the problem. They immediately refund me with no reply on what happened. Now after a week I have the account banned with a code of ws 37368-7. Incredible but true, because according to them I have violated the rights of use. This is my experience with these damn Hitman 2 dlcs. And now I'm waiting for a damn response from support.

24 minutes ago, KeyserVinc said:

Hi guys. I describe here a problem I am having with the Hitman 2 dlc. After reading the whole post, I think it is the most suitable topic to report this experience. After I added Hitman 2 with PS Plus membership and played most of the missions I decided to purchase the expansion pack separately for € 9.99. Unfortunately, after purchasing the pass, the download does not start and there was no way to download the pack or additional missions. I thought I had full HD, I deleted some games and released about 170 gb, but nothing the download does not start. I tried to shut down, restart the console but nothing, and try to download from ps store, but nothing. I have contacted support but no response. So I thought of starting a dispute on paypal for the purchase describing the problem. They immediately refund me with no reply on what happened. Now after a week I have the account banned with a code of ws 37368-7. Incredible but true, because according to them I have violated the rights of use. This is my experience with these damn Hitman 2 dlcs. And now I'm waiting for a damn response from support.

Doesn't buying the expansion pass just make all the individual DLCs appear as "free"? You would still have to claim all of them to add them to your library to be able to download them.

Also, Sony will suspend your PSN account if you reverse a charge on a purchase. You have to be patient and wait for them to reply to your communication.

• Like 1

No, the dlc New York, Siberia and Haven Island, are separately, and even after buying the pass, the game from the Hitman 2 menu in either story or destinations, kept asking for the buy the pass. I tried in every way to download the dlc, but not even from the library after buying them were available. It resulted only as a "purchase" history.

Like Stevieboy said if you get refunds without saying anything to Sony that's just getting your account suspended. Now you'll have to wait for support but they'll likely ask you to give them the money you got refunded.

As for the situation of buying the Expansion Pass and download not starting, like Stevieboy said did you check if each individual DLC shows up as free or if you can start downloading them in the PS Store (not the game's in-game one)? In my case, I bought the Gold Version months ago (it's the Standard Version + Expansion Pass) and it only downloaded the Standard game's levels. For the Expansion Pass levels, I had to go to the store and get each one of them individually (each showed as free to purchase).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KeyserVinc said:

Go to the store, search for Hitman 2 and check the add ons. They will say free now. Click on each of them and they will download. 
I got Hitman 2 like you via PS+ and bought the Expansion Pass. It will work :)

If it still doesn't work -> Delete Hitman 2 and then re-download.

Hitman games are kinda weird with all their mumbo jumbo on how to unlock stuff ?

Edited by bendermac

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you very much for this post, the explanation was very clear! ?

I would just like to confirm 1 thing however.

I have the complete version of H1 from PS+ and H2 from PS+ as well. So I only need to buy the H2 Expansion Pass for Singapore because those 7 trophies are still part of the main list (needed for 100%) and the other 3 dlcs have a separate list. I need to know if buying the H2 Expansion will essentially give me everything I need to 100% H3 if I buy it/get it from PS+ in the future? Logically it should, as H3 states H2 Expansion, H2 and H1 as listed DLC trophy packs so as long as I get the H2 Expansion Pass I should be set for H3's 100% whenever I get it, correct? Thanks in advance!

25 minutes ago, Nabeel_of_Steel said:

Thank you very much for this post, the explanation was very clear! 1f601.png

I would just like to confirm 1 thing however.

I have the complete version of H1 from PS+ and H2 from PS+ as well. So I only need to buy the H2 Expansion Pass for Singapore because those 7 trophies are still part of the main list (needed for 100%) and the other 3 dlcs have a separate list. I need to know if buying the H2 Expansion will essentially give me everything I need to 100% H3 if I buy it/get it from PS+ in the future? Logically it should, as H3 states H2 Expansion, H2 and H1 as listed DLC trophy packs so as long as I get the H2 Expansion Pass I should be set for H3's 100% whenever I get it, correct? Thanks in advance!

Yes, you only need the H2 Expansion Pass to get all trophies in H2 and later in H3.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/7/2021 at 9:29 PM, Golem25 said:

If you own Hitman [2016] via PS Plus (February 2019), or have the disc or digital version of The Complete First Season;

• The PS Plus version of Hitman 2 gives you access to 66 of the 125 Trophies on the game's base list
  • Because of your ownership of the previous game, you can play the six maps from the first game and get their 52 Trophies for a total of 118
  • You do not get access to the 7 'HITMAN™ 2 Singapore' Trophies on the base list*
  • You do not get access to any of the 21 Trophies on the expansion list; simply delete it from your profile.*

To play the maps from the first game, install it, then go to the in-game store and follow the prompts to redeem and install the 'Legacy pack'. This will make Paris through to Hokkaido playable in Hitman 2, including quality of life improvements such as added foilage and graphical tweaks.

*To get 100% on the base list plus the entire expansion list, you must buy the pricey Hitman 2 Expansion Pass on the PS Store (see bottom of this post) or salvage a code from a physical 'Gold Edition' Steelbook.

I have Hitman installed on my PS5 which i got free a while back and there is no prompt to install the legacy pack only an option to upgrade to the game of the year edition. I'm assuming they now want you to upgrade to game of the year edition for £49.99 to then be able to claim the free legacy pack?

So im locked out of 100% unless i pay £49.99 for game of the year edition upgrade for Hitman 1 and then buy the expansion pass for Hitman 2 which is now something like £34.99. I wasnt aware of this nonsense, otherwise i wouldn't have bothered. 

Unless im wrong, if i am please help me out.

Edited by GavinVaughan-
Price correction

On 06/12/2021 at 5:09 PM, GavinVaughan- said:

I have Hitman installed on my PS5 which i got free a while back and there is no prompt to install the legacy pack only an option to upgrade to the game of the year edition. I'm assuming they now want you to upgrade to game of the year edition for £49.99 to then be able to claim the free legacy pack?

So im locked out of 100% unless i pay £49.99 for game of the year edition upgrade for Hitman 1 and then buy the expansion pass for Hitman 2 which is now something like £34.99. I wasnt aware of this nonsense, otherwise i wouldn't have bothered. 

Unless im wrong, if i am please help me out.

Did you check HITMAN 1's in-game store for the legacy pack?

1 hour ago, GavinVaughan- said:

Yes it looks like you now to to upgrade to the game of the year edition now and the standalone game you got with PS+ a while back isnt enough.HS3taMa.jpggCmiGC6.jpg

Did you install all of the episodes? If you didn't try to install them to see if the game recognizes you own the complete version (minus GOTY content).

2 hours ago, GavinVaughan- said:

Yes it looks like you now to to upgrade to the game of the year edition now and the standalone game you got with PS+ a while back isnt enough.HS3taMa.jpggCmiGC6.jpg

Like TugaSonic said, have you tried downloading the episodes from the PS store or your library?

Personally, I rented a copy of the complete first season edition. I had to download all the episodes and patches before I could select the Legacy unlock for H2 in the H1 store.

22 hours ago, da-Noob123 said:

Like TugaSonic said, have you tried downloading the episodes from the PS store or your library?

Personally, I rented a copy of the complete first season edition. I had to download all the episodes and patches before I could select the Legacy unlock for H2 in the H1 store.

When I click on Episode 1: Paris it says “there is no content. It might not be for sale yet, or might no longer be for sale”

5 hours ago, GavinVaughan- said:

When I click on Episode 1: Paris it says “there is no content. It might not be for sale yet, or might no longer be for sale”

Have you checked the games Add-Ons (on the PS4's dashboard) to see if the episodes are there to download?

Guys, in order to get the legacy collection maps in Hitman 1 you need Hitman 2 (full game or free starter pack).

- Install H1 and H2 (full or free starter)

- Start H1 at least once <- might not be needed, but do it just in case

- Start H2 and go to the shop -> select Legacy Maps and start download (no need to finish)

- After getting all the maps unlocked go back to the store within H1. Now you can download the maps in there

This is the ONLY way to get the maps for free in H1, including PS+ version

You wont get Patient Zero or any of the extra content. If you want those, you need to buy the GOTY upgrade for H1 or buy them separately. And yes, you can upgrade PS+ version to GOTY as well.

Edited by bendermac

4 minutes ago, Infernopommes said:

I'm confused now. Does that mean the 100% in H1 is not possible anymore with the PS+ version from 2019? Or is this just something for the 100% in H2?

This is just to access H1 levels in H2 (for the 100% in H2). PS+ version should be enough to get 100% in H1.

• Like 1

I've 100% in Hitman 1 and would like to start Hitman 2 (got both games on PS Plus)

Will I have to replay the Hitman 1 missions through Hitman 2? OR will my previous earned trophies autopop when I install/link the 2 games?

I think the OP said there was no transfer of trophies, I really don't feel up to playing those 6-7 missions again.... is there no way around it??

35 minutes ago, Lord_Je11ybrain said:

I've 100% in Hitman 1 and would like to start Hitman 2 (got both games on PS Plus)

Will I have to replay the Hitman 1 missions through Hitman 2? OR will my previous earned trophies autopop when I install/link the 2 games?

I think the OP said there was no transfer of trophies, I really don't feel up to playing those 6-7 missions again.... is there no way around it??

There is no progress transfer between HITMAN 1 and HITMAN 2 so you will have to replay them if you want 100%.

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/12/2021 at 3:08 AM, bendermac said:

Guys, in order to get the legacy collection maps in Hitman 1 you need Hitman 2 (full game or free starter pack).

- Install H1 and H2 (full or free starter)

- Start H1 at least once <- might not be needed, but do it just in case

- Start H2 and go to the shop -> select Legacy Maps and start download (no need to finish)

- After getting all the maps unlocked go back to the store within H1. Now you can download the maps in there

This is the ONLY way to get the maps for free in H1, including PS+ version

You wont get Patient Zero or any of the extra content. If you want those, you need to buy the GOTY upgrade for H1 or buy them separately. And yes, you can upgrade PS+ version to GOTY as well.

On 17/12/2021 at 3:40 AM, TugaSonic said:

This is just to access H1 levels in H2 (for the 100% in H2). PS+ version should be enough to get 100% in H1.

I'm sorry for coming back to this TugaSonic but now I'm a bit confused. As per the boldened text above you're saying that the GOTY upgrade of H1 is REQUIRED for getting 100% in H2. The OP went literally according to the available trophies which can and cannot be unlocked in H2 depending on the version of H1 you own and the one given through PS+ was supposed to be enough.....can you please confirm if any of H1's "GOTY Edition" content is required to get the 100% in H2??

7 hours ago, Nabeel_of_Steel said:

I'm sorry for coming back to this TugaSonic but now I'm a bit confused. As per the boldened text above you're saying that the GOTY upgrade of H1 is REQUIRED for getting 100% in H2. The OP went literally according to the available trophies which can and cannot be unlocked in H2 depending on the version of H1 you own and the one given through PS+ was supposed to be enough.....can you please confirm if any of H1's "GOTY Edition" content is required to get the 100% in H2??

The GOTY Upgrade is only if you want additional content which has no trophies associated with said content. The version of H1 that was given on PS+ gives you access to all the content that has trophies (in all 3 HITMAN games with HITMAN 1 levels).

Edited by TugaSonic
  • Like 1