Are PS5 save transfers one way only?

Superbuu3

OK i been looking around the web and even checked trophy forums, but i don't actually see any comprehensive answer or lists on this.

I played avengers when it was on ps now and that definitely had a save transfer option and the text on that option suggested the save was one way only. I play in whichever room i feel like so personally i do switch back and forth between my ps4 and 5. I also saw people were playing ps4 versions of games to autopop the ps5 version, but this would obviously give a inferior gaming experience obviously if the save transfer is one way only i would rather just play the ps5 version but any games i can switch between without issues i can have installed on both systems. Anyone know where i can find a list or anything that might cover this?

I also checked the thread stickied here but thats lacking loads of info and not up to date. I think  a topic covering this would be helpful especially those looking for autopops.

From my experience, 1 way saves are on no mans sky but i haven't checked anything else. From what i read it sounded like fallen order and marvel avengers are the same.

The vast majority of games have one-way save transfer from PS4 to PS5 only, so if anyone is going to make a list then it'd be easiest to make a list of the exceptions (i.e., the games that also allow transfer from PS5 to PS4). The only game that I know of that allows PS5 to PS4 save transfer is Immortals: Fenix Rising.

3 hours ago, NathanielJohn said:

The vast majority of games have one-way save transfer from PS4 to PS5 only, so if anyone is going to make a list then it'd be easiest to make a list of the exceptions (i.e., the games that also allow transfer from PS5 to PS4). The only game that I know of that allows PS5 to PS4 save transfer is Immortals: Fenix Rising.

Na, you'd have to make a list for all the different transfers because you'll always have someone asking "well what about X game?" from years ago as if no one ever tested it.

Seen these types of threads a few times on this sub-forum so maybe I'll put a list together.

General rule of thumb: If it's a singleplayer game then 95% of the time it will be one way from PS4 to PS5 transfer.

Multiplayer/tied to a server style games will allow both ways.

38 minutes ago, mcnichoj said:

General rule of thumb: If it's a singleplayer game then 95% of the time it will be one way from PS4 to PS5 transfer.

Multiplayer/tied to a server style games will allow both ways.

This is correct. 

If don't want to have to play the PS4 version to then autopop a second list (with you on that) in the PS5 then just skip it unless it was a game you'd already played and it gets a PS5 version (FF7R for example). Stuff with server based save files you can play on the PS5 and then autopop the PS4 version though be mindful and research things before going for those autopops. Genshin Impact for example used to not be 100%able on both lists. The Worms game given out on Plus last I heard is still not 100%able on both lists. 

• Like 1