Update / Fix a guide

Troz

As a guide writer, it is pretty irritating to see when a guide is incorrect about something or has become incorrect due to updates. I just want to fix it.

Right now, the only way to do this is to contact the author directly (as I did with the Cyberpunk guide) or to just post the corrections in the forums.

The guide team obviously cannot know every game. What should be a feature is a way to report the guide and the correction (all between you and the staff) so you can fix the error. I don't know how they would implement this, maybe if you highlighted a part you could send in a request to change it or maybe it could all be done here on the forums. But hey, its a great suggestion anyways.

P.S.: Please do not say "It's up to Sly so it cannot be done", this one can be done, one way or another

You should know better than most that you can report issues to us and we will look into them when we can. However, primarily, you must first reach out to the author first. We are not in the business of modifying someone's published work whenever we feel like it. There needs to be a form of attempt in contacting the author first. Calling guides out in this way on the forums is also, in some extent, naming/shaming and it is ill advised, we ask you not to do so.

3 minutes ago, HYPERS said:

As a guide writer, it is pretty irritating to see when a guide is incorrect about something or has become incorrect due to updates.

All guide users feel the same way.

4 minutes ago, HYPERS said:

What should be a feature is a way to report the guide and the correction (all between you and the staff) so you can fix the error. I don't know how they would implement this, maybe if you highlighted a part you could send in a request to change it or maybe it could all be done here on the forums.

Can't you start a Private Message and add the guide author and the guide staff to accomplish this?

How ineffective has the current method of posting in the guides comments or just PMing the author been? Like, why is this:

Right now, the only way to do this is to contact the author directly (as I did with the Cyberpunk guide) or to just post the corrections in the forums.

such a bad system?

Are there that many guides incorrect due to updates?

18 minutes ago, Dreggit said:

You should know better than most that you can report issues to us and we will look into them when we can. However, primarily, you must first reach out to the author first. We are not in the business of modifying someone's published work whenever we feel like it. There needs to be a form of attempt in contacting the author first. Calling guides out in this way on the forums is also, in some extent, naming/shaming and it is ill advised, we ask you not to do so.

I reported The Outer Worlds trophy guide to you on May 13th, it needs to be fixed, it has now dropped to 3 stars rating, and the guide writer has not updated it since February 2021.

I and many others complain about the Project Diva X guide and I started writing a guide for it to fix that shit but I barely have any time to write, play or do anything in my life right now.

Guide writers abandon their guides so much and instead of “giving” the guide to someone and actively look for someone who can take over… it just sucks.

I’ve made the guide for Black Desert and I’m in luck people actually helped to give tips and I have updated quite properly I think. But I know I wont have time to do this forever and I will let people know, out of respect. I really hate how some guide writers just… are so half assed.

Edited by LoveInHell
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, LoveInHell said:

I reported The Outer Worlds trophy guide to you on May 13th, it needs to be fixed, it has now dropped to 3 stars rating, and the guide writer has not updated it since February 2021.

I and many others complain about the Project Diva X guide and I started writing a guide for it to fix that shit but I barely have any time to write, play or do anything in my life right now.

Guide writers abandon their guides so much and instead of “giving” the guide to someone and actively look for someone who can take over… it just sucks.

I’ve made the guide for Black Desert and I’m in luck people actually helped to give tips and I have updated quite properly I think. But I know I wont have time to do this forever and I will let people know, out of respect. I really hate how some guide writers just… are so half assed.

Ive offered to co-write that guide with you awhile back. We also contacted you about that, and said that it’s a lot easier to just make a new guide at that point.

Edited by Roronora_Zoro666

33 minutes ago, Dreggit said:

Pretty much this^

Contact anyone on the guide team and they will respond to your request. If you don't hear from them, follow up until you do.

A lot of guide writers put in a lot of time writing, and we would rather not publically shame them on the forums for something they may not be aware of that needs updating.

It's best done privately, behind closed doors.

• Like 3