The game crashs at mission 1 cutscene

gelukrait

I am playing the game on PS4 pro, but the game keeps crashing at the cutscene of first mission (where the ship is landing) with the error message "Your PS4 is too hot". Then, it shut down and I have to repair disk and rebuild database.

Does anyone have the same issue? And how can I skip the cutscene?

Does your PS4 get too hot playing other games?

I didn't have this issue playing through the game, and the fact you're getting the message so early on suggests the problem is with your system and not the game. Try cleaning out the vent openings (vacuum any dust out) and make sure your system has adequate space so it can cool itself properly.

Edited by ZitMeatloaf
Typo
  • Like 1

I platted it a few hours ago but that first mission cutscene always gets my ps4 pro into airplane mode. Thought it was the game itself at first because it was the first time i heard it the ps4 so loud. Probably needs cleaning too but it never gets so loud as that crashing cutscene in the rest of the game. As far as i know you cant skip that part as it is loading alot of stuff and since this game runs at 60 fps it asks alot of the ps4.

• Like 1

Never had that issue with Titanfall 2 on my PS4 Pro let alone hear it running loudly on that particular scene, just tested it again for curiosity sake incase it was an issue in the latest digital version.

Are you running your Pro in Boost Mode in the system settings? Check to see if it is on.

Definitely look to getting it cleaned out for any dust and make sure there is enough space for the intake of air and the outtake of hot air.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ZitMeatloaf said:

Does your PS4 get too hot playing other games?

I didn't have this issue playing through the game, and the fact you're getting the message so early on suggests the problem is with your system and not the game. Try cleaning out the vent openings (vacuum any dust out) and make sure your system has adequate space so it can cool itself properly.

Yes, in a few games I received that message, but it rarely happens. Thought I should clean my PS4. Do you have any tip or video instruction for that?

14 hours ago, SHADOW-KILLER-S2 said:

I platted it a few hours ago but that first mission cutscene always gets my ps4 pro into airplane mode. Thought it was the game itself at first because it was the first time i heard it the ps4 so loud. Probably needs cleaning too but it never gets so loud as that crashing cutscene in the rest of the game. As far as i know you cant skip that part as it is loading alot of stuff and since this game runs at 60 fps it asks alot of the ps4.

Thank you for you info. I completed the game 3-4 years ago, and I am trying to plat the game now. I think it may caused by the recent updates and / or my PS4 needs cleaning. So as your experience, have you faced any other cutscene / part in other missions that make your PS loud? Depend on your answer, I may try other missions first, then clean and complete the first mission later.

13 hours ago, Null_Spectre said:

Never had that issue with Titanfall 2 on my PS4 Pro let alone hear it running loudly on that particular scene, just tested it again for curiosity sake incase it was an issue in the latest digital version.

Are you running your Pro in Boost Mode in the system settings? Check to see if it is on.

Definitely look to getting it cleaned out for any dust and make sure there is enough space for the intake of air and the outtake of hot air.

Sure I will try to get clean, I will check the Boost mode. So do you suggest me to turn it off?

Btw, I am wondering if there is any option to skip the cutscene in game?

Edited by gelukrait
Ask for skipping cutscene

3 hours ago, gelukrait said:

Thank you for you info. I completed the game 3-4 years ago, and I am trying to plat the game now. I think it may caused by the recent updates and / or my PS4 needs cleaning. So as your experience, have you faced any other cutscene / part in other missions that make your PS loud? Depend on your answer, I may try other missions first, then clean and complete the first mission later.

Btw, I am wondering if there is any option to skip the cutscene in game?

No, not as loud as the first crashing cutscene, the fan kicks in on moments where there is a lot happening (like a lot of enemies and titans while on moving ships) and if you pause the game or press the PS button it goes louder then normally playing the game, but your PS4 might run hotter since i never got any error on the game.

Not sure about skipping that cutscene, i never did it but if its possible i would guess you can press options and select skip cutscene.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, SHADOW-KILLER-S2 said:

No, not as loud as the first crashing cutscene, the fan kicks in on moments where there is a lot happening (like a lot of enemies and titans while on moving ships) and if you pause the game or press the PS button it goes louder then normally playing the game, but your PS4 might run hotter since i never got any error on the game.

Not sure about skipping that cutscene, i never did it but if its possible i would guess you can press options and select skip cutscene.

Thank you for your answer, I try to pause the game everytime the cutsence starts playing, but I never found an option to skip the cutscene. I tried to all buttons but nothing happens too. Thought I should send my PS4 for cleaning service before rerunning this game, to make sure it's not harm any components of my PS4.

6 hours ago, Rick_Sanchez said:

If this doesn't work then it sounds like you might need to apply thermal paste to the GPU which is something that helped my PS4 to calm down and not sound like a jet engine/over heat.

Thank you for your suggestion. According the clip provided by @ZitMeatloaf, I am thinking about disassembling my PS4 pro for cleaning, so probably I need change the thermal paste. Do you think Arctic MX-4 might be a good choice?

• Like 1