Is it possible to have a private server?

laes9210

54 minutes ago, laes9210 said:

The sever shutdown without any warn, I think there will be many people couldn't complete anymore like me.

I think our only hope is there have a private server for us to get the trophy, is that possible?

if there someone can make it I would like to support some fund. I really don't want an incomplete game stay on my profile.1f61f.png

Or...is there any way to let the official help us?

Highly unlikely with the way the game is set up for someone to create a private server for LBP. There is no server code on any of the games so it’s need to be written from scratch and it’d be a massive, massive undertaking. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, jpwbjpwb said:

There are some past examples of private servers for LBP apparently, (see heading private servers in this article https://www.lbpunion.com/post/littlebigplanet-servers-back-online ). All required a console jailbreak/CFW to use. We will have to wait and see if they can become more accessable some day. 

I don’t think private servers for LBP have ever actually existed. People have written about them existing but no one has provided any evidence they actually do.

• 1 month later...
On 9/14/2021 at 0:23 PM, DaivRules said:

Highly unlikely with the way the game is set up for someone to create a private server for LBP. There is no server code on any of the games so it’s need to be written from scratch and it’d be a massive, massive undertaking. 

They are in the works and are quite advanced already (coop, level publishing etc)

https://www.lbpunion.com/post/project-lighthouse-littlebigplanet-private-servers

Amazing work but unfortunately that won't be of any help for anyone here as they will require CFW to modify game files first. 

The code will supposedly be open source though so not crossing everything out yet.

Edited by Zbir_Vladimir

• 1 year later...