One of the best games ever

lumphy101

2 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

@Gommes_ Gravity Rush was an amazing game, at the time it came out. Its use of the Vita's features definitely made it more challenging than the PS4 version, though. One of the DLC challenges looks like it'd be an absolute nightmare on the Vita.. Having played the much easier and improved control system of the PS4 version first, I can understand you not liking it. 

I do like the game however. Will probably check out part 2 as well.

Edited by Gommes_

12 minutes ago, Gommes_ said:

I do like the game however. Will probably check out part 2 as well.

The sequel was amazing, imo. Shame the online is now shutdown, though. Some of those activities were fun to do. Wasted more time than I should have on them, while playing through it. :lol:

• Like 1

On 8/26/2019 at 0:51 PM, Gommes_ said:

Believe it or not but I was referring to the sliding races and yes, I still think they atrocious. Touching the lower right and left sides at the same time so slide, shake the vita to jump and tilt it to steer is not fun at all and also does not come naturally. If it does for you, great. For me it doesn't work and it feels rubbish.

Duh, this is a forum not a scientific site. I just wrote it, cause I think that it's one of the reasons. One reason could be that Gravity Rush was free with PS Plus on the Vita, other reason could be the improved controls on the PS4, since they got rid of the motion control crap. Btw motion control is always annoying for me and for many people as well. It was something developers put in because of the zeitgeist, not because it improved every game. To this day I haven't played Skyward Sword because of motion controls and I hope Nintendo ports it to the Switch eventually. And how I mentioned before, Tearaway did a good job implementing other control schemes that didn't feel forced. I also stated that I generally like Gravity Rush, just not the controls.

Yes they are ;) 

Well, then that makes that part of your post further misleading and wrong as well. Subsequently, there is nothing wrong with the way the sliding feature is handled. It's entirely intuitive, and you don't need to touch only the lower corner of the screen. You're just nitpicking, which is fine, but not in the way you've gone about it here. Moreover, you don't need to "shake" the Vita to jump. The tilting to steer is fine, because it's handled relatively well. It works well enough to not be an issue everytime it's required or used. Like the other guy said, it's a matter of getting good (and knowing how to properly use mechanics).

Then, duh, you shouldn't be promoting the scientific idea that the PS4 version has more people with its platinum because of it omitting some of the motion control features from the Vita that you personal do not like, without evidence. The major reasons, though, is blatantly more likely to be because the PS4 has a far, far larger playerbase than the Vita, the game—even despite being a remaster—launched cheaper than the Vita version and it only got better through its sales later, it was free in the IGC for a certain country I can't recall, and may'be because of the reputation of the developers who handled the remaster, whom just came off the heels of The Nathan Drake Collection a few moths prior. I also once seen a page of posts on one site where the DLC all being included without extra cost persuading people to get it without hesitation. (Also, the remaster was confirmed to get some new features the original didn't have.) It has generally been a great and superior value in comparison to its original counterpart since launch. You can keep bringing up Tearaway all you want, but it doesn't mean much. The game doesn't deal with a complex premise such as gravity manipulation and a main character with superpowers revolving around the same concept. It's far more simpler to implement motion controls in a standard 3D platformer.

No they aren't ;) .

Edited by EcoShifter

On 27.8.2019 at 5:05 PM, EcoShifter said:

It's entirely intuitive, and you don't need to touch only the lower corner of the screen. You're just nitpicking, which is fine, but not in the way you've gone about it here. Moreover, you don't need to "shake" the Vita to jump.

Yes, you do. While gliding you need to shake the vita to jump. Even the tutorial before every race tells you to do that.

Then, duh, you shouldn't be promoting the scientific idea that the PS4 version has more people with its platinum because of it omitting some of the motion control features from the Vita that you personal do not like, without evidence. The major reasons, though, is blatantly more likely to be because the PS4 has a far, far larger playerbase than the Vita, the game—even despite being a remaster—launched cheaper than the Vita version and it only got better through its sales later, it was free in the IGC for a certain country I can't recall, and may'be because of the reputation of the developers who handled the remaster, whom just came off the heels of The Nathan Drake Collection a few moths prior. I also once seen a page of posts on one site where the DLC all being included without extra cost persuading people to get it without hesitation. (Also, the remaster was confirmed to get some new features the original didn't have.) It has generally been a great and superior value in comparison to its original counterpart since launch.

But absolute numbers don't mean a thing if you go by the percentage of people who completed the game. It doesn't matter if out of 10 owners 5 got the platinum or out of 100, 50 got it. And in relative numbers, more people got the platinum in the PS4 version, but not because the PS4 has a larger gaming base. And according to this site 237.000 people own the Vita version and 94.000 the PS4 version, which can give a hint to the actual numbers. Nevertheless the amount of games for a certain plattform does not determine the amount of platinums. So a better offer and a wider audience does not mean that there are in fact more people with a platinum and this site shows that.

No they aren't ;) .

Fair enough.