Think I glitched "Oh No You Don't!" on PS5

NukeEarth

The annoying 3 week insurgency mission trophy. I was attempting to follow the suggestions to mess with the PS5 clock to advance the game. It gives you 4 missions to complete to unlock the insurgency leader and I guess I messed up and played the first 3 missions offline after messing around with PS5 settings. Then I went to do the required Spec Ops mission and the game reminded me that I needed to be online to play that mission. So I toggled internet back on, the game reconnected to servers, and the game wiped out the other 3 missions I had already completed (clearing a base/cannon/checkpoint etc that were White Flagged on the map as reclaimed). The Insurgency menu was showing that I needed to do all 4 missions again, except now I had no available White Flag missions in the proper area on the map (or anywhere else). So it's telling me to clear bases/checkpoints etc where I don't have any. I tried to advance my PS5 clock again and get myself a new "insurgency week", but the problem persists. I thought I was lucky in that today was the day the in-game clock resets for the weekly challenge, so this morning it said 14 hours left. I thought maybe I would come back tonight and it would sync back up. Unfortunately not, when I go into the game there is now a new Insurgency weekly challenge focused on a different part of the map, where I again am not getting any White Flag missions to go do. (this is with my PS5 set back to the correct time etc)

So be careful with this, or just do the method where you keep killing the first insurgency leader you get to and die before you clear the camp so you can just kill the same one again. Messing with the PS5 clock appears to have backfired for me in a big way. Or just don't be dumb like me and make sure you go back online as soon as you set the clock. I submitted a ticket to Ubi but I doubt they will help considering what brought about the error. I put hours into this for platinum and it looks like I am stuck at 98% unless I ever get Insurgency missions to appear the way they are supposed to for me. Very stupid trophy in the first place that led to people trying to work around it like this.

I wonder if I could co-op Insurgency missions in someone else's game and get anything to pop, kind of doubt it. Although I was surprised when I did the other trophy for clearing a base in co-op, I joined someone else's game who had 1 enemy left to kill on a base, they killed them, and the trophy popped for me too. I thought you had to be the host.

Only other thing I can think of is playing the entire game again on a new save until Insurgency unlocks, but I'm not sure that would fix it.

Edited by DaivRules
  • Like 2

Hey l am having the same exact problem! I know l’m not coming with a solution but you’re not alone in the problem lol. I’m gonna try to do some experimenting with it tomorrow with advancing time again (already did it once so there’s no going back now lol) l’ll reply here if l find any work around!

Same situation.. But I noticed something : the save on the Ubisoft server is an untainted one. So if you play the game on ps4 (it supports crossplay) you could, I think, pop the trophies? 

*edit* save is tainted...

Edited by GoryGreg

OP, if you have a save uploaded beforehand you should be able to revert back to a time when it was good.

For some reason being online doesn't affect saves - I tested this when I did spec ops mission for the secret stash.

I had already got 'Hidden Cash' trophy for the PS5 version but when attempting to get it for the PS4 It wouldn't spawn the key or stash the second time in the same map since I had already got it so I used an earlier save and they were there.

I have the same problem, and i have gone as far as deleting the game to install it again, and it does not work either.

i have tried contacting ubisoft support about the insurgency missions do not appear on my map, but they haven’t answerd yet.

Edited by Hauk_12
Typing mistake

7 minutes ago, Hauk_12 said:

I have the same problem, and i have gone as far as deleting the game to install it again, and it does not work either.

i have tried contacting ubisoft support about the insurgency missions do not appear on my map, but they haven’t answerd yet.

It's the save, not the game.. By advancing time our save is set in the future where theoretically we already had this iteration of the insurgency. Thus we are locked out of it until a. there's a patch or b. future save catches up with the present. In my case somewhere in 2022/2023 ?

Edited by GoryGreg

Update, I ran through story mode with the PS4 version on easy, and got to the point that Insurgency opened up. Then I read about how to transfer saves between the versions. I deleted all my previous PS5 save data (uploaded to cloud just in case I need it), loaded in the PS4 save, and it worked. I had the missions available on the map. Then I did the method where I just killed the same leader multiple times. Got my plat. Soo I don't think there is any need for people to be spreading around that clock setting method.

Since I've run through the PS4 version I guess I can spend a few more hours to get a second plat out of this.

Felt awful to play 41 hours and think I was stuck at 98%. Glad the save transfer worked.

Don't do the clock method! Kill the same one multiple times. It seemed to pop right away on PS5, but I just did the same method on PS4 and had to kill the leader 5 or 6 times.

• Like 2

Here's my fix that I posted on Powerpyx YouTube video. Use this method to get the insurgent you need and as others have stated use the kill just the target, kill yourself and repeat until you get the trophy.

Ok folks, I had the dreaded no icons showing after trying this exploit and I managed to fix it. 

This is just for those that have already done one insurgent and trying to spawn another.

The goal is to get THE SAME  insurgent you got the first time (both his set of icons and region)

To see which leader you need just match it up to the weapon reward you already have

If for some reason you can't remember don't fret

*So  you want to close the game turn off internet 

*Set date to 4 or 3 months and 1 hour ahead

*Load the game and if you see that icons have shown up, pause game and exit to main menu to save those icons

*Close game and set time ahead again

*Load up and get more sets of icons (might take a few tries to get the date right) 

*Rinse and repeat until your map is populated enough that the region you need has the objectives you need.

*Pause and exit to main menu

*Close game and turn internet on and reset the time

*Turn game back on

By this point you should have enough icons to easily clear the objectives since you have them in every region.

Even after getting the platinum just now, I have icons all over the map.

Hope this helps.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ntslord said:

Here's my fix that I posted on Powerpyx YouTube video. Use this method to get the insurgent you need and as others have stated use the kill just the target, kill yourself and repeat until you get the trophy.

Ok folks, I had the dreaded no icons showing after trying this exploit and I managed to fix it. 

This is just for those that have already done one insurgent and trying to spawn another.

The goal is to get THE SAME  insurgent you got the first time (both his set of icons and region)

To see which leader you need just match it up to the weapon reward you already have

*Load the game and if you see that icons have shown up, pause game and exit to main menu to save those icons

*Load up and get more sets of icons (might take a few tries to get the date right) 

*Rinse and repeat until your map is populated enough that the region you need has the objectives you need.

*Turn game back on

By this point you should have enough icons to easily clear the objectives since you have them in every region.

Hope this helps.

Omg it worked! Thank you a lot!!

6 hours ago, ntslord said:

*Turn game back on

Hope this helps.

This worked for me so thank you so much! What I wanted to clarify for those that don’t get a fox by this right away though is what happened with me. 

when trying to advance time I had made it all the way to 2023. I had to advance to a date beyond my latest possible saved date that was the same region to get the bases and checkpoints to repopulate.

even though I had saved it again after that future date, the save still knew what the Las test date was. Hopefully this helps.

20 hours ago, ntslord said:

*Turn game back on

Hope this helps.

Thank you. Gonna try this method. Hopefully will do the trick!

On 10/21/2021 at 5:58 AM, ntslord said:

*Turn game back on

Hope this helps.

Literally just got the platinum using this method! Can confirm it worked like a charm! Thank you so much for figuring it out and sharing with us baddies ❤️❤️

On 10/21/2021 at 8:58 PM, ntslord said:

*Turn game back on

Hope this helps.

Given how widespread this has been locking people out of the trophy I have added what @ntslord has said to the actual trophy in the guide as well. Thank you for finding a fix mate!

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/13040-far-cry-6-trophy-guide/edit#41-oh-no-you-dont

What I did to get the trophy.

Complete the requirements for the base with the leader to open.

get close to the base.

go into the options, go to gameplay, change your diffucilty to make the game save.

go into the base find the leader, only kill the leader, go into the options again, change the diffulculty again to make it save.

then let the enemy kill you.

then you’ll start right outside the base with the leader alive.

repeat the steps above and the trophy will be yours

Edited by dj_lalle
  • Like 1

I feell like I've tried everything to get the white icons to show up and it's either just not working for me or they'll show up, I'll complete one (a checkpoint for example) then it won't count it. 

Do we know if doing someone else's icons in coop counts? 

Edited by Kotiro_

11 minutes ago, Kotiro_ said:

I feell like I've tried everything to get the white icons to show up and it's either just not working for me or they'll show up, I'll complete one (a checkpoint for example) then it won't count it. 

Do we know if doing someone else's icons in coop counts? 

Did you try the method 2 posts above?

10 minutes ago, Ac3dUd3- said:

Did you try the method 2 posts above?

Yep, sometimes it will eventually spawn some white icons, usually not in the actual insurgent region and when I complete one of the ones that actually does show up, it then doesn't cross of a requirement in the insurgent menu.

I think I've managed to get it close once. Counted 3 of them, but then went online to do the special operation, finished that and came back to the menu to find all the checked off ones had reset.