Trophy thoughts

SnowychainzBT

Pretty excited for this one, saw a few gameplay vids and it looks mad fun!

As for the trophy list, looks not too difficult. Not getting hit might be tricky, but as with any good roguelike, it could be super easy depending on how RNGeezus treats you ?

Edit: on further review, the one with beating the first hero with little bone might be tough, assuming that's the starting weapon or something?!

Edited by Joe Dubz

I played this ages ago but i can't remember is the first hero the first boss? if it isn't than beating him without rescuing any NPC's is going to be hard as you get no meta progression

the no hit trophies are going to be annoying especially for the twins. 

the game is ridiculously fun imo so i'm buying it regardless but not expecting to get the plat

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Really great game with a really lame list imo.It is quite an achievement to not get hit by these bosses. If you could instantly reset when you get hit it may not be as bad but having to play an entire run to get to the bosses to hope you can avoid getting hit and win is too much. Might try the dashboard and reopen the game but even that will become tedious if it even works.

2 hours ago, ApeOfMazor said:

Really great game with a really lame list imo.It is quite an achievement to not get hit by these bosses. If you could instantly reset when you get hit it may not be as bad but having to play an entire run to get to the bosses to hope you can avoid getting hit and win is too much. Might try the dashboard and reopen the game but even that will become tedious if it even works.

There are some easy options to get the no hit boss trophies. First off in each room prior to a boss upload your save to the cloud if you have PS+. Check the save time of your autosave to make sure it triggered properly. You can use thief who has a smoke bomb with multiple charges if you want to fight and learn their patterns. Otherwise use the Archlich with Deathtrap skill and try to get the infinite bone item (30% chance for instant skill reset). With a little luck and patience you don't even need to learn boss patterns and can "one shot" each boss (realistically you're relying on the 30% proc chance to 2-3 shot the bosses). I'd suggest learning the bosses actual patterns at least a little if using this method so you aren't trying to chain 5-6 deathtraps against St. Joan II or The Last Hero. 

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

The no damage trophies are really no joke. I finally did the first hero with no damage as thief with a good build. It takes a lot of tries and save scumming but i finally did it. I guess the rest should only be a matter of time now.

• 1 year later...

i cannot for the life of me do the last 2 bosses without taking damage, any tips? i'm thinking full dps is the way to go but i always get the worst luck in roguelikes lol

EDIT: i did it! turns out getting an absurd amount of magic items along side pets with the Grim Reaper skull early is OP

Edited by Teh_Zombz

• 4 months later...
2 hours ago, A-D-I-L_99 said:

So like is this a fun platinum? I just see forums about chests everywhere. Getting this legitimately how hard would you say it is?

I did it without the Developer menu and I would say a 9/10 is a fair estimation. The game is fairly easy to pick up and play, but a lot of the "no-damage" boss trophies depends on RNG and on what skulls you get early on and building towards whatever setup you're aiming for; also, you can save your progress prior to entering/fighting the boss of each area if you have PS+, which saves time and constant run-throughs of areas. So....tl;dr is magic builds are very powerful. 

16 minutes ago, x410xDragon said:

I did it without the Developer menu and I would say a 9/10 is a fair estimation. The game is fairly easy to pick up and play, but a lot of the "no-damage" boss trophies depends on RNG and on what skulls you get early on and building towards whatever setup you're aiming for; also, you can save your progress prior to entering/fighting the boss of each area if you have PS+, which saves time and constant run-throughs of areas. So....tl;dr is magic builds are very powerful. 

You can actually just quit to the PS menu and restart the game, it resets the last screen you were on. And if you don't mind me asking, what build did you use then to blow through all the bosses hitless that quickly? :)

Edited by TravelerByTime

2 hours ago, TravelerByTime said:

You can actually just quit to the PS menu and restart the game, it resets the last screen you were on. And if you don't mind me asking, what build did you use then to blow through all the bosses hitless that quickly? :)

I got the Grim Reaper skull as early as the first area and abused its AoE skill mostly, then the Warlock skull as my secondary in the 2nd area, followed by upgrading it to its second form in the third area.

Edited by x410xDragon
Incorrect Skulls listed, correct ones listed.

27 minutes ago, x410xDragon said:

I got the Grim Reaper skull as early as the first area and abused its AoE skill mostly, then the Archlich skull as my secondary in the 2nd area, then upgraded it to Legendary in the 3rd.  

Grim Reaper and Archlich are both Legendary already, you can't upgrade them

1 hour ago, TravelerByTime said:

Grim Reaper and Archlich are both Legendary already, you can't upgrade them

I must have mistaken the Archlich for the Warlock (which upgrades to Abyssal Monarch, iirc) then, which is my mistake!

Sorry about that. 

Edited by x410xDragon
Typo

On 4/8/2024 at 5:38 PM, x410xDragon said:

I got the Grim Reaper skull as early as the first area and abused its AoE skill mostly, then the Warlock skull as my secondary in the 2nd area, followed by upgrading it to its second form in the third area.

Where in the first area is this item? I am about to start the game. Thanks. 

For those coming in from the monthly games like me the trophy list does require some skill but isn't too bad outside of a couple outliers which make it rather hard.

Castle Restoration and No hit all the bosses.

Castle Restoration isn't hard but will be rather grindy. You get around 7k per completed run and need around 130k total (not sure the exact amount). I was taking 40-50 minutes or so a run but I also take my time, read items, think about my build, etc. You could go a ton faster once you know how to play. I'm still not done with it yet as of this message.

The no hits are rather rough but doable except the final boss who is an absolute pain. As a bonus, if you ever get hit you can close app and reopen to try again which gives you unlimited tries with your build. This lets you work on memorizing the boss patterns without worry.

For most of the bosses any build made for high damage will work. Outside of the final boss I no hit everything with the Mage skull which you can roll for at the start. Take all magic boost items, any magic quintessence, use fireball and watch as bosses die quick enough after a few tries. I'm sure there are much better skulls and proper builds but you don't have to worry too much if they don't show up. In fact I think any random DPS build works good enough for all the bosses except the final one.

Heritage is also a godsend for no hitting the bosses. It negates any single attack that would have hit you with a 30 second cooldown. 

The final boss is rough. There is cheese you can do with Slime cooldown to be immortal but after a bunch of runs not getting it or the items I gave up and went for a dash build using the pike which worked great. If you can get Soar 4/Chase 4/ and Heritage 2 like I did you're pretty set. Most of the final bosses attacks are on the ground and with this build, you can basically stay permanently in the air while doing decent damage. He has a few AoE attacks but they're all easy enough to dodge once you know the timing.

I'm sure there are a ton better builds then what I used but I was able to get dash items fairly consistently and you can roll for Pike at the start. A lot of DPS builds I looked up require specific items or skulls that I just had no luck in finding at the same time. If you're having a hard time I'd look up a few different strong builds and just play around until the game gives you one.  

You can also turn on Rookie Mode in the menu which will halve all incoming damage. It doesn't help the no hits but it will let you get farther quicker so you can open everything up. It also doesn't void any trophies. 

I'm not sure where I'd rank it difficulty wise. Probably somewhere between a 6-9 depending on how much cheese you do, how lucky you get in runs and how skilled you are in general.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, AngelicaK92 said:

Where in the first area is this item? I am about to start the game. Thanks. 

You find it (or different Skuls for that matter) either in bone piles as you play, or by going in the Green (Grave) rooms while going through the level(s). Grave Rooms just net you a higher % chance of obtaining better Skuls as compared if you were going in Treasure Rooms or Normal Rooms in a level. 

• Like 1

On 4/8/2024 at 11:11 PM, x410xDragon said:

Seems similar to have a nice death which was also heavily rng dependent and had extremely punishing bosses.

Edited by A-D-I-L_99