Has anyone played this....impressions?

As the title states, has anyone played this and what did you think?

The wife and I are huge PIXAR/Animated movies fans, and Ice Age is one of our favorites and we'd like to give the game a try, but we are looking for some feedback by those who have actually played the game.

I played this on the 360 and really enjoyed it. I've yet to find a cheap enough copy on the PS3.

I think it's one of the better movie tie-in games and if you're going for the trophies, a couple of the time trials can be a bit of a bitch.

If you're looking for a bit of light-hearted fun, give it a shot.

This is an enjoyable game, very very simple game play for SP. The only thing that isn't easy on this game is the egg challenge, this turned out to be quite frustrating lol.

If you enjoyed the films you will more than likely get a kick out of it, i watched my kids playing UP on their xbox and i would say game play wise that SP is better though.

This is an enjoyable game, very very simple game play for SP. The only thing that isn't easy on this game is the egg challenge, this turned out to be quite frustrating lol.

If you enjoyed the films you will more than likely get a kick out of it, i watched my kids playing UP on their xbox and i would say game play wise that SP is better though.

Thanks for the reply buddy!

Yeah, we both love the PIXAR type movies, and both got a kick out of playing UP!, and we would like to check out some of the other games of this sort. Hard or easy don't matter....fun is the main purpose!

OH Ice age, let me say that: Ice Age is in the top 3 of my favorite kids/adventure/platformer games in ps3. I HIGHLY recommend getting this game very enjoyable and very well made.

Based on your reply and the others here, I think Ice Age will get added to the ol' game collection! :yay:

• 2 weeks later...

I bet that i will check it out soon as i love the Pixar style games too... I have been meaning to rent it but i have a bad case of the "too many games syndrome"

maybe when i knock out some of my backlog or get sick of 200 hour RPGs... thats usually when i get these kind of games because they only take me about 10 hours of gameplay to finish everything

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I'd like to chime in on this one now that i've finally played it. I really enjoyed the experience. The only real "challenge" to this trophy set were a couple of the Challenges (Rescue Yoko - where you must "Complete Egg Roll Challenge 3 in under 1 minute 45 seconds"). This one took me several tries to finally make it through in time.

This game offers a unique play experience whereby you get to play as many of the Ice Age characters. The levels were designed with the different characters in mind and IMO worked brilliantly. I didn't get bored or feel like I was grinding for trophies. The game was quite good, very fun, and family friendly. There's nothing better than family time with my kids and gaming at the same time :D

I would highly recommend this game to all (old and young alike).

• Like 1

• 1 year later...