Help with specific trophys

On 26-10-2021 at 0:45 PM, sealightbreeze said:

Can someone please help with the following.
Let me have a go . When exactly am I supposed to kill off Eric? I also do not understand the heart to heart, oorah, and how to do lost in time

Can someone please help? 

Let me have a go:

1. Eric uses it on Joey

2. When Eric is attacked during the assault Rachel has to save him, she picks up the wand and uses it.

3. Eric and Nick need to be on good enough terms so that Eric gives the wand to Nick when he goes down in the vault. If Nick is injured he will drip blood and get a heartbeat section. (If Nick isn't injured, do not have Salim spot the cocoon through the binoculars so that Nick can choose to go left! This way he will still get heartbeat section)

Fail the heartbeat section. Then after he places the second charge, choose to retreat. The vampire from before will attack him now. Get the first QTE here right, but fail the second one. Nick will use the wand and you should get the trophy.

Heart to Heart:

In the round room when Jason and Nick are alone, they will find a corpse with a stake, Nick suggests you keep it, but as Jason choose to stick with your gun. Jason will give the stake to Nick. All the way back at the vault, after placing the second charge, choose to advance. After successfully completing all of the heartbeat sections and the charges going off, the Ancient will pick up Nick and he will use the stake to kill him.

Oorah:

Have Eric and Nick be on good terms, I had Rachel die by spear after the assault, let Eric try to make up with Nick. Had Jason go back for Salim but let both of them die there, so Eric and Nick were the only 2 going back up in the lift, they had their little oorah moment.

Lost in time:

Eric needs to die before they make it to the vault (you can simply not cut the rope) Rachel needs to be infected (at the assault don't have Salim shoot the vampire attacking Rachel) now when Rachel refuses to be shot Salim will suggest cocooning her, go along with it, but let all the other characters die so she's there forever

Edited by MissDolly02
  • Like 1

These are the steps you will want to follow to get 3 characters to use the UV light to defeat an enemy:

Spoiler

These are the steps you will want to follow to get 3 characters to use the UV light to defeat an enemy:

Step 1. During “After the Fall” when controlling Salim you want to make sure you successfully execute the QTEs while fighting the monster that was trapped under the truck, this will allow him to learn about their weakness to the sunlight.

View fullsize
1.jpg?format=1500w

Step 2. During “The Truce” when Nick and Salim are together make sure you successfully execute the QTEs and kill the monster, that way Eric can examine the corpse and learn about their weakness to the UV light and in the next scene kill Joey with it.

Step 3. During “The Assault” make sure Salim shoots the monster that is attacking Rachel, then with Rachel choose to SAVE Eric, at this moment she will kill a monster with the UV light.

Step 4. During “The Vault” chapter, if Nick and Eric have a good friendship level, Eric will give Nick the UV light before he goes down to plant the explosives, then once he is down there, FAIL the very first QTE (the one with the heart beats), then you are going to choose the RETREAT option, now successfully execute the next QTE but FAIL the 2nd one, this will make Nick kill the monster with the UV light and the trophy / achievement will be yours!

• Like 1

Regarding the medkit - when Nick/Jason/Eric (or assorted combination thereof) goes down the tunnels because they hear Joey, you’ll want to hug the left wall all the way to the end. At the last tunnel set, the left will be almost full dark, but walking down there will be short cutscene where you find the medkit. Then you can back up and head right. It will be used automatically on Nick during Strange Aeons, assuming no one else has been injured. (The only injury point I have seen so far as Salim; during the Assault, when he has the opportunity to shoot either a vampire jumping at him or one that’s attacking Rachel, shoot the jumping one instead of saving her. If you save Rachel, Salim gets injured and the medkit is used on him instead of Nick.)

9 hours ago, KCF392 said:

Does the stake matter in any way for Let Me Have a Go?  Will Nick default to the stake if Jason hands it to him, as opposed to the UV light?

Nick can only use the UV light after retreating, if he advances and the ancient picks him up he always drops it, so he will use the stake there 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, DougKelley1982 said:

By choosing only head options is how I got a good relationship despite losing a point for no WP grenades, you gain a point automatically when you save him. I didn’t fail any QTEs. Do however choose the left most head option when Eric says he’s going to lead Nick, Jason and Himsef or he will die later when Salim is cornered. I did mine in Theatrical mode. Make sure you don’t leave the game or pause once Eric uses the wand on Joey just to be safe. This trophy is glitchy for some on PS5 and glitched apparently on PS4. I had to do it multiple times because I didn’t know that was the cause. 

You mean have Nick and Jason lead right? When looking for Joey? I had Nick and Jason go, but Eric followed behind regardless

Also, can the following all be done in one play through- Let Me Have a go!, Heart to Heart, Climbing Out Of Hell and Ghost Signal? It looks like you can do it all in one (as long as you reload after beating the game)

Edited by sealightbreeze

For those looking for more details regarding how to get Let Me Have a Go and the choices that can get a good enough relationship between Nick and Eric for Eric to hand over the UV light in the vault, MKIceandFire's let's play seems help with that.  

They show how to get the first two UV light kills (Eric with Joey at 2:49:11, Rachel saving Eric at 3:29:40), and how to set up the third UV light kill by handing it to Nick(4:50:10).  To be clear, they did NOT do the third UV light kill in the video, but this does show how to set it up.  From there, you should be able to follow a trophy guide to get the third kill with Nick.  

I will be trying this later today to get Let Me Have a Go and Oorah, and I hope this helps those (like me) who have played this game too many times already.||

EDIT: So I can confirm that following this video does get Eric to hand the UV light to Nick in the Vault.  If Nick didn't patch his wound and he goes to the right, mess up the first heartbeat QTE, Retreat, pass the first QTE, and fail the second.  He will pull out the UV wand to save himself.  Unfortunately my trophy didn't pop despite doing the whole game in 1 sitting without pausing, menu-ing, or exiting the game... but this method does get the UV light in Nick's hands.

Edited by KCF392
updated for testing

Okay this game is seriously driving me insane.

I’ve followed all advice above but still can’t get the UV light trophy or ghost signal. No matter what I always end up neutral and Eric saves Nick instead of ignoring the radio. I’ve tried both curators cut and normal and I’ve tried it in movie night and solo. Any help?

I’ve tried four separate trophies for each trophy. Can’t get nick and Eric’s relationship high enough for him to give the UV. I’ve tried everything!

Edited by Mashpie
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, MissDolly02 said:

Let me have a go:

1. Eric uses it on Joey

2. When Eric is attacked during the assault Rachel has to save him, she picks up the wand and uses it.

3. Eric and Nick need to be on good enough terms so that Eric gives the wand to Nick when he goes down in the vault. If Nick is injured he will drip blood and get a heartbeat section. (If Nick isn't injured, do not have Salim spot the cocoon through the binoculars so that Nick can choose to go left! This way he will still get heartbeat section)

Fail the heartbeat section. Then after he places the second charge, choose to retreat. The vampire from before will attack him now. Get the first QTE here right, but fail the second one. Nick will use the wand and you should get the trophy.

Heart to Heart:

In the round room when Jason and Nick are alone, they will find a corpse with a stake, Nick suggests you keep it, but as Jason choose to stick with your gun. Jason will give the stake to Nick. All the way back at the vault, after placing the second charge, choose to advance. After successfully completing all of the heartbeat sections and the charges going off, the Ancient will pick up Nick and he will use the stake to kill him.

Oorah:

Have Eric and Nick be on good terms, I had Rachel die by spear after the assault, let Eric try to make up with Nick. Had Jason go back for Salim but let both of them die there, so Eric and Nick were the only 2 going back up in the lift, they had their little oorah moment.

Lost in time:

Eric needs to die before they make it to the vault (you can simply not cut the rope) Rachel needs to be infected (at the assault don't have Salim shoot the vampire attacking Rachel) now when Rachel refuses to be shot Salim will suggest cocooning her, go along with it, but let all the other characters die so she's there forever

Thank you!!! 

8 minutes ago, Mashpie said:

Okay this game is seriously driving me insane.

I’ve followed all advice above but still can’t get the UV light trophy or ghost signal. No matter what I always end up neutral and Eric saves Nick instead of ignoring the radio. I’ve tried both curators cut and normal and I’ve tried it in movie night and solo. Any help?

I’ve tried four separate trophies for each trophy. Can’t get nick and Eric’s relationship high enough for him to give the UV. I’ve tried everything!

I was able to have Eric give the UV light in the ending to Nick, but by doing so I made sure that Rachel chose neither of them

• Like 1

Also for the people that are trying to get let me have a go trophy, I’m playing on the PS5- I succeeded in the heartbeat on accident. When you’re supposed to fail.  I immediately went back in after beating the game, and I was still able to unlock it with Nick by using the light. I did not stop at all during the Playthru

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, sealightbreeze said:

Also for the people that are trying to get let me have a go trophy, I’m playing on the PS5- I succeeded in the heartbeat on accident. When you’re supposed to fail.  I immediately went back in after beating the game, and I was still able to unlock it with Nick by using the light. I did not stop at all during the Playthru

I'm on PS5 and have reloaded that chapter a bunch of times and played again without leaving the game or going to the menu and it still won't pop for me! ?

For anyone trying to get Ghost Signal and struggling like I was, I’ve just unlocked it!

I followed what MissDolly02 said and had Rachel die by spear during the assault and chose the Bitter option to blame Nick. I’ve tried various other ways to get Eric and nick to have a bad relationship and this was the only thing that worked for me 

thank you MissDolly02. Will try above advise on UV one tomorrow

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, kyoselflove said:

I'm on PS5 and have reloaded that chapter a bunch of times and played again without leaving the game or going to the menu and it still won't pop for me! 1f62d.png

I didn’t turn the game or system off. I kept going. It was literally back to back 

Edited by sealightbreeze
  • Like 1

Let Me Have a Go

I didn't get it to pop on PS4 earlier despite following all the in-one-go stipulations, but looking at the Ultraviolet bearings and comparing it to videos for the trophy... is the bearing for "Eric killed Joey" showing up for anyone still struggling to get this one (PLEASE do not risk ruining an attempt to check)?  Mine is mysteriously missing, and even on a second attempt it's not showing up. 

It's a little weird that there are entries for Eric killing Joey and Rachel using the UV lamp to save Eric from creatures, but all Nick gets is basically "Eric handed him the lamp"... this at least matches those trophy guide videos.

4 hours ago, KCF392 said:

Let Me Have a Go

I didn't get it to pop on PS4 earlier despite following all the in-one-go stipulations, but looking at the Ultraviolet bearings and comparing it to videos for the trophy... is the bearing for "Eric killed Joey" showing up for anyone still struggling to get this one (PLEASE do not risk ruining an attempt to check)?  Mine is mysteriously missing, and even on a second attempt it's not showing up. 

It's a little weird that there are entries for Eric killing Joey and Rachel using the UV lamp to save Eric from creatures, but all Nick gets is basically "Eric handed him the lamp"... this at least matches those trophy guide videos.

Not in mine. Eric never killed Joey 

For those who are trying to get done quicker, and not need a million play through- these trophies can be gotten on the same save file. I played Movie night. I let Merwin die. Make sure as Rachel that you are nasty to both Eric and Nick. Have Salim succeed his QTE and realize the demon's sunlight weakness. Make sure Eric cuts the rope. Make sure you succeed with Nick and Salim killing the demon together. This will allow Eric to be able and get the UV light. Make sure you give the stake to Nick. Have Jason keep his gun. In the fight after the scene when everyone is back together as a group. You need to choose the crucifix with Nick, get Rachel infected by having Salim save her in the fight, (don't aim for the demon coming at Salim. Aim for the one with Rachel) Then save Eric. Get everyone alive to the Aeons chapter (The alien hideout safe area) You can get the following trophies this way: Lost In Time, Heart to Heart, Oorah, Let Me Have A Go, Climbing out of Hell Just make sure you get to the end and it saves. You can reload the same file as a new save to get the trophies in whatever order that you want. This way, Nick will have the UV light (Let me have a go)- as Rachel chooses neither of them. Just make sure you use the UV light on Rachel and not use the knife. (Climbing out of hell) and Eric and Nick they are on friendly terms. Nick will also have the stake instead of Jason, so you can get that trophy (Heart to Heart). I had to reload separate for a few.  For Lost in time, I had Eric die previous chapter, got Rachel into the cocoon, and had everyone else die off. Oorah, just make sure that Eric and Nick are the only survivors. Note that for both Heart to Heart and Let me have a go- they need to be separate too. For one, fail the QTE's (ALL of them) and Nick will use the UV light. For the Heart to Heart, you must pass ALL QTE  and then you can stake your friendly ancient warrior zombie dude ^_^

Edited by sealightbreeze
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, KCF392 said:

Let Me Have a Go

So if Jason has the stake, it seems like you have to mess up the QTE stabbing Joey for him to drop the stake into the Chasm.  Eric will still run in and kill Joey with the UV lamp, but there is a longer cutscene without the stake where Eric looks down at the UV lamp in bewilderment, and the Ultraviolet bearing actually updates.  Hopefully this time it counts...

EDIT: IT WORKS. Apparently ONLY Eric can attack Joey for the bearing to update - trophy popped.

Edited by KCF392
  • Like 2

Not sure if it's been mentioned in here but Nick doesn't need the stake from the burial chamber to get the kill with the stake trophy. If you choose advance in The Vault and succeed with the heartbeat QTEs, you'll fight Balathu. If you kill him with his spear it counts.

Also, question. It's impossible to get Ghost Signal and the UV Wand trophy in the same playthrough?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, illninoese said:

Not sure if it's been mentioned in here but Nick doesn't need the stake from the burial chamber to get the kill with the stake trophy. If you choose advance in The Vault and succeed with the heartbeat QTEs, you'll fight Balathu. If you kill him with his spear it counts.

Also, question. It's impossible to get Ghost Signal and the UV Wand trophy in the same playthrough?

Correct. Ghost Signal needs Nick and Eric to hate each other, while the last kill for UV wand requires Eric to like Nick.