Unofficial Trophy Guide- My methods

1 minute ago, Ninailez said:

U should work on an official trophy guide for this site. Ur already halfway there. lol

Nah I'm too lazy. I'm happy to share what worked for me but I'm not about to go out of my way to link people to Powerpyx' collectible videos and such. Might be something to work on for a game in future though, I mildly enjoyed writing this

• Like 1

For "Let me have a go", I used a previous save file and did chapter select right to the point where Eric comes in and uses the UV wand on Joey and played up until the point where Nick uses it without pausing or even going into the "relationship" screen, and it popped.  Also, Eric does not have to do the autopsy to use the wand as a weapon; my curator's cut playthrough, Salim was captured, and he ended up telling Eric that sunlight burns the creatures, and he then later used it as a weapon against Joey.

For "Into the sunset", the radio CANNOT get fixed.  Eric cannot request air support, and Merwin MUST be dead before repairing the radio.

For "Heart to heart", this CANNOT be stacked with "Bad Signal" it seems.  I tried doing that, but I'm not sure if it was related to Rachel being dead or not, but Nick just ended up giving up; I didn't even get an option to fight back.

For "Bad signal", I'm not sure if it's easier to do in Curator's cut or Theatrical cut, but it seemed a bit easier in the curator's cut due to you can play as Eric a bit more, and I found you can be a bit more antagonistic to Nick instead of leaving it to chance.

For "Final girl", I was able to do this with Jason, so seems nice it's not stuck to a single character.

For "Old Dog," I don't know if my game glitched or what, but I got the spear kill in the prologue with Balathu, but then in the same playthrough, I ended up with Kurum as the zombie, and accidentally messed up the QTE for when Jason goes back for Salim, and the trophy popped.  So wondering if it is just a glitch or if it doesn't actually matter who the zombie is?

Great list, it's definitely going to help out a ton of players; just wanted to throw in my experiences and other tips as well!

For Ain't Got Time To Bleed, I got the trophy with Jason, Eric, and Salim getting out. I did have Nick, but I messed up the breathing segment while planting the charges and he got seriously disemboweled. So Nick did die and I still got the trophy. 

Edited by Profeelgood
Innacurate trophy name

4 hours ago, shawn-norris said:

For "Let me have a go", I used a previous save file and did chapter select right to the point where Eric comes in and uses the UV wand on Joey and played up until the point where Nick uses it without pausing or even going into the "relationship" screen, and it popped.  Also, Eric does not have to do the autopsy to use the wand as a weapon; my curator's cut playthrough, Salim was captured, and he ended up telling Eric that sunlight burns the creatures, and he then later used it as a weapon against Joey.

For "Into the sunset", the radio CANNOT get fixed.  Eric cannot request air support, and Merwin MUST be dead before repairing the radio.

For "Heart to heart", this CANNOT be stacked with "Bad Signal" it seems.  I tried doing that, but I'm not sure if it was related to Rachel being dead or not, but Nick just ended up giving up; I didn't even get an option to fight back.

For "Bad signal", I'm not sure if it's easier to do in Curator's cut or Theatrical cut, but it seemed a bit easier in the curator's cut due to you can play as Eric a bit more, and I found you can be a bit more antagonistic to Nick instead of leaving it to chance.

For "Final girl", I was able to do this with Jason, so seems nice it's not stuck to a single character.

For "Old Dog," I don't know if my game glitched or what, but I got the spear kill in the prologue with Balathu, but then in the same playthrough, I ended up with Kurum as the zombie, and accidentally messed up the QTE for when Jason goes back for Salim, and the trophy popped.  So wondering if it is just a glitch or if it doesn't actually matter who the zombie is?

Great list, it's definitely going to help out a ton of players; just wanted to throw in my experiences and other tips as well!

I had an even weirder glitch where I had zombie Balathu, but then he just sorta froze in place and zombie Kurum literally spawned from him, so Kurum was attacking the team while Balathu was frozen in place. It looked kinda awesome, took me a minute to realise it was a bug. Anyway I'll add a couple of these nuances to my list, thanks

• Like 1

I got Final Girl with Salim surviving the final assault. it didn't pop until after the credits and the Trailer for the next game played (same time as There is Always Hope),

Into the Sunset popped this way too but it popped when Salim left the house and was headed home before the Evac chopper showed up. (I didn't call for Air Support so I don't know if it will work if you did)

Edited by polkeroo

Curator's cut was basically the same length I thought, but I was able to easily get "Bad Signal" on my first try since I feel like you can control more of negative interactions between Nick and Eric; for example, it lets you control Eric after Rachel rejoins the group, and you can choose whether to hug Rachel or punch Nick.  I think that's the only trophy I found to be easier with Curator's Cut.

I would definitely recommend doing most of it in the theatrical cut; as you can just directly control the choices for most of the trophies.

-EDIT-

I will definitely say, if you don't want to do a blind playthrough, just do your "heads only" choice playthrough first, as I was able to just chapter select back and finish off a majority of the trophies with just that save file!

Edited by shawn-norris
forgetfulness

I just did Curator's Cut and I can say it is super buggy if you finish with only one character - 2 different replays I had either Nick or Eric as final and when escaping after blowing up the cocoons characters kept coming back from the dead temporarily, dying, then coming back again momentarily then going away. It bugged me out of some trophies too - was trying to get Eric killed by Clarice but somehow Salim died his second death that playthough (wasn't his last either). Both ancient warriors showed up at the final showdown too.

• 3 weeks later...