Biome 2 Cipher collection—need some advice

Link-Xia

Hi guys! Thanks to the 2.0 version, I finally beat the game recently and only need 4 completed survey trophies to platinum. However I have searched Biome 2 for about 3 days, still missing 2 ciphers. Here is my situation:

I beat the first act of the game in very early version of the game which I believe the glitch of not counting the cipher in the TOWER room in biome 2 still exists. The tower room is the rarest room in biome 2. Today I found the cipher in this room has been collected already. So I’m not sure if it has bugged for my save earlier or not. It only takes me about 15min to walk through the whole rooms in biome 2 but it’s really boring.It’s really frustrating situation I have to say. Anyone suffered from this trophy or already platinum the game, please gives some advice on that.

p.s. I’m not a native English speaker, sorry for any mistake in grammar.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/31/2021 at 4:21 AM, Link-Xia said:

Hi guys! Thanks to the 2.0 version, I finally beat the game recently and only need 4 completed survey trophies to platinum. However I have searched Biome 2 for about 3 days, still missing 2 ciphers. Here is my situation:

I beat the first act of the game in very early version of the game which I believe the glitch of not counting the cipher in the TOWER room in biome 2 still exists. The tower room is the rarest room in biome 2. Today I found the cipher in this room has been collected already. So I’m not sure if it has bugged for my save earlier or not. It only takes me about 15min to walk through the whole rooms in biome 2 but it’s really boring.It’s really frustrating situation I have to say. Anyone suffered from this trophy or already platinum the game, please gives some advice on that.

Did you figure out how to get them? Im having the same problem. 

On 31/10/2021 at 9:21 AM, Link-Xia said:

On 08/11/2021 at 10:27 PM, L0rdAceX said:

Did you figure out how to get them? Im having the same problem. 

My friends, the tower room in biome 2 NO LONGER has a cipher in it, any guides that say it has are outdated!!

I've been at work on a platinum speedrun guide for this for a good month now on and off and so must learn everything exactly, and the cipher your talking about was moved in an update, think it was 1.4 that fixed the buggy ciphers. The Devs didn't say exactly, I just know from experience of multiple platinum pops!

That particular cipher has now been moved to the 2nd room in biome 2 (1st room is gateway room) high up on the wall.

What I can't speak for is having the same save used on pre 1.4 and post 1.4, I have no idea what effect a cipher suddenly moving would have on your current collectible tracker!! It sounds like a problem.

Sorry this isn't a solution, but at least you can stop worrying about the tower room and focusing on the other location for the cipher perhaps!

I have my own images/maps for all current collectible locations that I'm yet to put out (will do when ready) so if I can help further, please let me know ;)

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 3

After garming yesterday for 6 hours, on my first biome 2 run today i finally got that damn room, and im pretty sure it was the first time ever i saw that room, even though biome 2 was probably my most played biome of them all. Now i believe i only need one scout log in biome 5 and 3 cyphers in biome 6 and i should be plat.

What I did in my playthrough is making sure to close the game and restart the PS5 after the end of each run. A tip I saw here somewhere. I had 13/20 left in biome 2(everything else completed by that time) and got at least one every time I did that. Maybe it'll help in the last biomes you need.

13 hours ago, gintapri said:

honestly, all you need is luck.

i finally got the last chiper (the rarest one) in Biome 2 after doing hundred of runs every day for 4 days. lol

That's exactly the last one i needed, this room is really rare, the only time i saw it at all during all my runs.

On 18/11/2021 at 3:44 PM, andrehunter said:

That's exactly the last one i needed, this room is really rare, the only time i saw it at all during all my runs.

That 1 is really rare, though I'm not convinced there are not hidden factors affecting spawns such as death count, kill count, room open count etc etc, guess we will never know about that unless it gets released on PC one day so we can take a good look at the coding!

That room in question, if you know it's all ur looking for, fastest way is to warp to Biome 2 boss from desert, then work down a few rooms as that room spawns 1 or 2 before boss warp room, if it spawns at all off course!

Knowing where rooms spawn can greatly reduce the grind!

Edited by Optinooby

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/29/2021 at 1:03 PM, TympanicScroll said:

I'm missing one cipher in Biome 2. I really don't know which cipher I'm missing. There isn't a way to track this right?

Hello Guys!

I had the same problem and spend 1 week 3 hours a day to get this cypher! Finaly today i found on youtube the solution!

1. Go offline in game

2. Close Game

3. Restart playstation

4. Load game

5. Stay offline and do the run!

After the 5 run i finall found the missing cypher in biome 2!!

The Video on youtube is called - how to unlock you last cypher and get the platinum for returnal on the playstation 5!

Good luck!

FML I've been stuck since the game released only missing some collectible trophies and gave up after hours and days of horrible grinds. Every now and then I come back to these forums looking at the current state hoping the made the RNG to give out the missing stuff once you're 100% in story-wise and justify getting and playing the game again but... nah ofc not.

I can't stomach any more RNG bs in otherwise a stellar game

Is there any way to see your total collected ciphers via an in game counter?

I know it’s 90, and by my count I have 89 (19/20 in Biome 2). There are two different sections in the menu that show the totals for each biome, but I can't see anything that gives me a confirmed total count. I have translated the cipher block after Ophion and my research for ciphers is 100%.

I’ve run Biome 2 countless times and I cannot work out of my game is glitched. I have the rare ones (orb room and tower room, and my Activity Card for Biome 2 has it at 95% collectibles.

In the meantime, I'm running back through Biome 2 and visually confirming each cipher location against the collectibles video. I hope I've simply missed an obvious one.

Such a shame this collectible mechanic is so poorly implemented. It’s gone from favourite game to complete chore. I’ll be really annoyed if it’s bugged and I have to start over. Don’t think I have it in me.

Edited by P_Pigly_Hogswine

Was at 19 / 20 for Biome 2 for what felt like hours. Just got my last Biome 2 cipher. It was at the tower / castle looking side area at the start. Was convinced I had that earlier (and hence just tended to run to the last area to farm rooms). I have 1 cipher lest in Biome 3 for the Plat. I thought Biome 2 glitched on me for the longest time (I farmed for a couple of hours a day across 4 days).

With the save game back up trick, farming these ciphers has taken longer than the campaign. I don't mid a grind but this feels a tad out of balance. It has tainted my view of the game. Loved the campain.

Edited by espjh2