Bugged trophies on this version?

Cynical_Hunter

On 11/6/2021 at 10:56 AM, JhOnNY_HD said:

If tomorrow people discover a bug to farm currency don't worry some quick patch on hours.

There already was an exploit that enabled players to farm holobux,  but it has been fixed lol

I've come to the point where I don't care about the trophies anymore. It's a multi-player game and I don't play it for trophies but to have fun with my friends - I think a lot of ppl are way too salty about this without having any idea of the issues or how to fix them. I'm more concerned about catching cheats and self-passing (which splits the community, I know) tbh

Still working my way through them, but had a trial account and then have started trophies fresh when it became a ps plus game. Can't say any of the trophies have bugged for me, all have unlocked when they were supposed to, first time. 

The one I'm not looking forward to is 100km ball rolling as there is no way to track it, so adding a career contract on that would be a life saver

• 1 month later...

Anyone else had trouble unlocking Squad Up trophy on PS5? I've been playing same time on PS4 and PS5 and all the other trophies have unlocked with no problem, but Squad Up didn't. First I got 10 wins with a friend on PS5, switched to PS4 and played couple more matches to get trophies for 10 wins and 30 matches with friend. Then on PS5 again, tried playing like 5 more matches grouped with a friend but the Squad Up trophy didn't unlock on PS5.

On 12/26/2021 at 10:40 AM, coisou said:

Anyone else had trouble unlocking Squad Up trophy on PS5? I've been playing same time on PS4 and PS5 and all the other trophies have unlocked with no problem, but Squad Up didn't. First I got 10 wins with a friend on PS5, switched to PS4 and played couple more matches to get trophies for 10 wins and 30 matches with friend. Then on PS5 again, tried playing like 5 more matches grouped with a friend but the Squad Up trophy didn't unlock on PS5.

make sure they are your KO City Friend, not just your PSN friend. being friends on the game's social network is what makes the trophy pop

On 12/27/2021 at 9:17 PM, UnboundedCash99 said:

make sure they are your KO City Friend, not just your PSN friend. being friends on the game's social network is what makes the trophy pop

Sure, I have the trophy on PS4 so I know the requirements. KOC friend and group joined, always checked we have chains which is the mark of friendship. Only thing I remember doing that might have affected this, is changing the crew just before, maybe it reset my stats even though crew things should not affect this trophy?

• 3 weeks later...
On 5.11.2021 at 3:05 PM, DangerSpice said:

Hey all, Velan dev here. A few things!

2) Regarding bugged trophies in general, I know how frustrating this is, and all I can say is that we have a fix in the works! We made a few fixes over the course of the first season, and some time after that we ended up finding a few issues that were a little deeper-rooted. As a result, we have a couple devs working on re-coding the entire back end for trophies, basically from scratch. This takes time! But we're also confident this will fix the issue. This is slated to come out in the next month or two. I know how tough it is to wait this long, but trust that a fix is coming. This will fix these grindy trophies on both PS4 and PS5.

2a) For folks that want a little more detail -- Trophies (and achievements on other platforms) are treated on the back end similar to how other contracts are. There is a (rare) bug that can cause your progress on Contracts to get reset, which we started seeing over the summer. This is one of the things that will be completely fixed when the new Contract system rolls out, but because trophies are treated similar to Contracts on the back end, we were also seeing progress reset on those as well. It's not a matter of progress not always tracking, it's the unfortunate issue where some people have had their progress reset entirely. This is also why some people who have a trophy unlocked on PS4 get it to auto-pop on PS5, but others don't. I'm in this exact boat on my Ballform travel and my 100 Daily Contracts trophies, in that I have them on PS4 but they haven't unlocked yet on PS5.

So are there any updates? Will we have to start from scratch even tho we got the requirements on PS4 already?

On 11/5/2021 at 4:05 PM, DangerSpice said:

Hey all, Velan dev here. A few things!

1) Trophy tracking requires a totally different way of tracking trophies than we have right now. The server is tracking your progress, and basically sending you an "unlock" message when you end up completing. This way we don't need to worry about saved data, and if you log into a brand new PS4 or PS5, there's no save data to transfer over. From my understanding, tracking these in the system UI becomes a lot more difficult (slash not possible), as there's no local data to pull from.

2) Regarding bugged trophies in general, I know how frustrating this is, and all I can say is that we have a fix in the works! We made a few fixes over the course of the first season, and some time after that we ended up finding a few issues that were a little deeper-rooted. As a result, we have a couple devs working on re-coding the entire back end for trophies, basically from scratch. This takes time! But we're also confident this will fix the issue. This is slated to come out in the next month or two. I know how tough it is to wait this long, but trust that a fix is coming. This will fix these grindy trophies on both PS4 and PS5.

2a) For folks that want a little more detail -- Trophies (and achievements on other platforms) are treated on the back end similar to how other contracts are. There is a (rare) bug that can cause your progress on Contracts to get reset, which we started seeing over the summer. This is one of the things that will be completely fixed when the new Contract system rolls out, but because trophies are treated similar to Contracts on the back end, we were also seeing progress reset on those as well. It's not a matter of progress not always tracking, it's the unfortunate issue where some people have had their progress reset entirely. This is also why some people who have a trophy unlocked on PS4 get it to auto-pop on PS5, but others don't. I'm in this exact boat on my Ballform travel and my 100 Daily Contracts trophies, in that I have them on PS4 but they haven't unlocked yet on PS5.

2b) To make things even more complicated, platform guidelines mean that we can't make progress on other platforms count toward trophy/achievement progress, so if you get 500 assists on Xbox One and 500 on PS4, we can't unlock the 1,000 assists trophy. This is why the trophy isn't just tied to your lifetime career stat showing 1,000+ assists for unlocking.

TL;DR: Changes are coming. They're taking longer than we'd all like because game development sometimes has rabbit holes that are deeper than they appear from the outside, but we ARE working on them, and a fix IS coming.

Any updates? 40 days left until the end of the season. I'm way beyond the 150 daily contracts mark.. Its getting ridiculous.

Just give my account the plat ?

FJal-E-PX0-AMhy2-J.jpg

Yeah... will they ever fix this. It's bullshit. I have now at least three trophies glitched (1000 assists, 1000 catches, and 30 matches with a friend) or maybe four, I'm not sure about the daily contracts but probably that one too. I love the game but it really leaves a bad taste in mouth if it takes 2 months playing to reach 1000 assists and then you don't even get the trophy. Right now I don't recommend this game to anyone.

I've been playing on both PS4 and PS5 so that might be the reason for bugging out but goddamn it's infuriating. Can anyone confirm when playing with both PS4 and PS5 same time that you get the trophies when reaching 1000 assists and catches?

Edit: Finally got my 30 matches with a friend trophy on PS5. I believe changing the crew resets this one, because I have changed my crew many times and only after I decided to stick with one I got it in about 30 games. I just really hope changing the crew doesn't reset all your stats like catches and assists.

Edited by coisou

On 1/18/2022 at 5:06 PM, hizi90 said:

So are there any updates? Will we have to start from scratch even tho we got the requirements on PS4 already?

You won't need to start from scratch. Once 4.1 comes out (Soon! Before the end of the season!) our backend tracking should be much more stable, and after that we'll be doing a manual grant to get people back to where they need to be. As I've mentioned before, you'll have to advance the counter 1 "unit," no matter what it is. One assist. One meter traveled in ball form. Etc. Progress tracks between PS4 and PS5, so if you did everything on PS4, once we get everything squared away post-4.1 launch, I believe you'll be set for trophies that track across multiple matches.

On 1/19/2022 at 10:58 AM, shlomaniac said:

Any updates? 40 days left until the end of the season. I'm way beyond the 150 daily contracts mark.. Its getting ridiculous.

Just give my account the plat 1f622.png

FJal-E-PX0-AMhy2-J.jpg

I currently see you at 85/100 dailies completed, but as I mentioned above, 4.1 will bring a lot more stability to the system that's tracking these, and we plan to make some adjustments to people's accounts to put them where they "should" be after that. If we have other data showing you've completed 100+, we'll put your progress to 99/100 so a single daily completion should pop the trophy.

On 1/23/2022 at 10:29 AM, coisou said:

Yeah... will they ever fix this. It's bullshit. I have now at least three trophies glitched (1000 assists, 1000 catches, and 30 matches with a friend) or maybe four, I'm not sure about the daily contracts but probably that one too. I love the game but it really leaves a bad taste in mouth if it takes 2 months playing to reach 1000 assists and then you don't even get the trophy. Right now I don't recommend this game to anyone.

I've been playing on both PS4 and PS5 so that might be the reason for bugging out but goddamn it's infuriating. Can anyone confirm when playing with both PS4 and PS5 same time that you get the trophies when reaching 1000 assists and catches?

Same as above, tagging you to be sure you're seeing this! One note on matches with a friend, it needs to be matches with KO City friends, not PlayStation friends. You can add a PS friend as a KO friend as well, but it'll only count progress if you're friends in-game (it tracks this way because the game is cross-platform, so your matches don't have to be with friends on PlayStation). I mention this just because this isn't a frequently-reported trophy to be bugged, and the few times it's brought up, it's usually because of this.

Also, progress across PS4 and PS5 tracks together, there shouldn't be any issue with that. The issues here are largely related to a backend tracking issue that'll be fixed by 4.1 soon.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, DangerSpice said:

Same as above, tagging you to be sure you're seeing this! One note on matches with a friend, it needs to be matches with KO City friends, not PlayStation friends. You can add a PS friend as a KO friend as well, but it'll only count progress if you're friends in-game (it tracks this way because the game is cross-platform, so your matches don't have to be with friends on PlayStation). I mention this just because this isn't a frequently-reported trophy to be bugged, and the few times it's brought up, it's usually because of this.

Also, progress across PS4 and PS5 tracks together, there shouldn't be any issue with that. The issues here are largely related to a backend tracking issue that'll be fixed by 4.1 soon.

Like I said above I've got it on PS4 with no problems so I know how the trophy should work. I even checked that every time I started the match, the friendship chain was visible. After getting it on PS4 stupid me changed my crew and then I needed to play 30 matches more on PS5 to get it. So I have it now on both but I believe changing the crew can reset this counter.

Anyways, thanks for telling about the 4.1 patch.

Edited by coisou
  • Like 1

On 1/24/2022 at 9:22 PM, DangerSpice said:

You won't need to start from scratch. Once 4.1 comes out (Soon! Before the end of the season!) our backend tracking should be much more stable, and after that we'll be doing a manual grant to get people back to where they need to be. As I've mentioned before, you'll have to advance the counter 1 "unit," no matter what it is. One assist. One meter traveled in ball form. Etc. Progress tracks between PS4 and PS5, so if you did everything on PS4, once we get everything squared away post-4.1 launch, I believe you'll be set for trophies that track across multiple matches.

I currently see you at 85/100 dailies completed, but as I mentioned above, 4.1 will bring a lot more stability to the system that's tracking these, and we plan to make some adjustments to people's accounts to put them where they "should" be after that. If we have other data showing you've completed 100+, we'll put your progress to 99/100 so a single daily completion should pop the trophy.

Thank you for the response , i will patiently wait for 4.1 while playing season 4 casually (best season of cosmetics thus far). 

I appreciate your work and professionalism. 

My next comment in this thread will be to thank you after all is done :)

On 1/24/2022 at 2:22 PM, DangerSpice said:

Can you let me know how many contracts I'm at for the Dailies? My PSN is Stanportrbridges and my KO City is BHK5. I've done contracts every day this month and a good portion of December and everyday I just wait hoping the trophy pops :/

On 1/26/2022 at 10:54 PM, StanPortrBridges said:

Can you let me know how many contracts I'm at for the Dailies? My PSN is Stanportrbridges and my KO City is BHK5. I've done contracts every day this month and a good portion of December and everyday I just wait hoping the trophy pops :/

You're at 97/100! One more day of your dailies should do it.

6 hours ago, DangerSpice said:

Can you please tell me how far my stats are? Contracts say I have 1191 assists & 1301 catches at the moment, and dailies I don't have a clue because I wasn't counting but should be at least 70 easily. PSN: coisou

This is ridiculous.? Still missing these 1k trophies. I think my only hope with these and the rest of the trophies is the patch. @DangerSpice

Edit: Holy shit, I finally got the catch one at 1664. And Daily contracts almost the same time. Must be my lucky day. Geting closer. ?

Knockout-City-20220206220249.png

Edited by coisou
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 24.1.2022 at 8:22 PM, DangerSpice said:

Any updates? 

could you PLEASE put my stats where they should be on „Welcome to the big Leagues“, „Point Guard“ and „Rollin‘ round the city“?

On 1/28/2022 at 5:04 PM, DangerSpice said:

The "big" update changed nothing. 

First match got 2 ko assits (got 1450+ pre patch) , caught more than 10 balls (2350+ p.p) and rolled (got rolling trophy on ps4 version) as well but trophies DIDNT pop.

I read all the patch notes and i appreciate the sniper and soda ball changes along with the sensitivity options.

Nevertheless, I am a trophy hunter and this is a trophy related site so I'm very frustrated that I've waited 4 months for this patch with no results.

Please let me know how far am i from the trophies after the patch and what your 2.0 system indicates about my trophy progression. 

PSN: shlomaniac

KNOCKOUT CITY ID: shlomaniacFC

Main Data centre : Amsterdam

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shlomaniac said:

The "big" update changed nothing. 

First match got 2 ko assits (got 1450+ pre patch) , caught more than 10 balls (2350+ p.p) and rolled (got rolling trophy on ps4 version) as well but trophies DIDNT pop.

Yeah, nothing's changed. Had high hopes with the new version and the Progression 2.0 update. Played couple matches, but of course it's still broken and assist trophy not unlocking. I guess DangerSpice has a different definition of the word "soon". I could rack up lets say 100 assists more easily if I knew that would be enough but the worst part is not knowing how much more is still needed. Right now I feel like never touching the game again, couldn't care less about the new season.

Edited by coisou
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, coisou said:

Yeah, nothing's changed. Had high hopes with the new version and the Progression 2.0 update. Played couple matches, but of course it's still broken and assist trophy not unlocking. I guess DangerSpice has a different definition of the word "soon". I could rack up lets say 100 assists more easily if I knew that would be enough but the worst part is not knowing how much more is still needed. Right now I feel like never touching the game again, couldn't care less about the new season.

Same, I'm considering deleting this game and installing a new game on my limited ps5 hard drive. I've waited long enough.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, coisou said:

5 hours ago, shlomaniac said:

Same, I'm considering deleting this game and installing a new game on my limited ps5 hard drive. I've waited long enough.

Hey, this was always a two-part process. Progression 2.0 is about the integrity of the data (progress not resetting). The next step is manually setting your progress to 99/100, or 999/1000, or whatever, as the case may be. I mentioned this in my post here, among other places. Getting Progression 2.0 out was the bigger step. The other part should hopefully come in the next week or two. We're almost there, and I really appreciate your patience on this.

@shlomaniac I see you're at 949/1000 catches, 753/1000 assists, and 14,931/100,000m ballform distance. If you do want to farm them out, those shouldn't have reset issues anymore, but I'm happy to check in for you again after you make some more progress if you want to double check if it feels "right" or not.

@coisou You're at 717/1000 assists. Same as above, I'm happy to check again after you play a session or two if it helps you feel confident about progress.

If you don't want to play until we do the manual grant, that's fine too, and I'll be chiming in on this thread when we end up rolling that out so you can hop in, get a single assist, catch, meter traveled in ballform, etc. to get them to pop.

• Like 1

@DangerSpice Can you check my crew contract progress? Something strange happened where my 2 friends got the trophy last week but I didn't. I think I have a rough idea of what happened, but some things don't add up.

So to preface, my friends and I have been in the same crew the entire time - a crew that I created. I'm certain we didn't complete 30 crew contracts last week, but I accidentally kicked my friend from the crew and when he rejoined, his trophy popped. I did the same thing to my other friend, and it popped for him too. So it seems like some sort of exploit to get credit for the same crew contracts by rejoining the crew. But when I promoted one of them to leader and attempted the same exploit on myself, it didn't work...

But yeah, it'd be nice to hear that my crew contracts are still incrementing properly and that I'm close. I should be at 24-26, I'd think.

And my friends' PSNs are Mrlazyman213 and Dovahki1nn, if you'd like to investigate the glitch

12 hours ago, DangerSpice said:

Hey, this was always a two-part process. Progression 2.0 is about the integrity of the data (progress not resetting). The next step is manually setting your progress to 99/100, or 999/1000, or whatever, as the case may be. I mentioned this in my post here, among other places. Getting Progression 2.0 out was the bigger step. The other part should hopefully come in the next week or two. We're almost there, and I really appreciate your patience on this.

@shlomaniac I see you're at 949/1000 catches, 753/1000 assists, and 14,931/100,000m ballform distance. If you do want to farm them out, those shouldn't have reset issues anymore, but I'm happy to check in for you again after you make some more progress if you want to double check if it feels "right" or not.

@coisou You're at 717/1000 assists. Same as above, I'm happy to check again after you play a session or two if it helps you feel confident about progress.

If you don't want to play until we do the manual grant, that's fine too, and I'll be chiming in on this thread when we end up rolling that out so you can hop in, get a single assist, catch, meter traveled in ballform, etc. to get them to pop.

Thank you for your message , i will until the manual grant for my ballform progress but will try to get the 1000 catches trophy today.