KoA - Platinum Speedrun 16 hours only, OP, Maps and more

53 minutes ago, Helyx said:

What's the overall time for 100%? Will you include guides for the upcoming DLC? Any chance we can get a legend added to the maps?

I honestly don't know yet, I've only been through main story few times and messing with some misc trophies, trying to work out better strats than some of the guides as some strats are so generalised and there are actually some pretty good strats in the game waiting to be utilised!!

(Pickpocket trophy for example, there is a way to pop this trophy from scratch in about 90 seconds, current strats can make it a painful 30 minutes or so)

Figured from there, 1st thing is to get through game, doing some misc stuff along the way, then drop difficulty, speedrunning on hard is annoying. 10 hours is central number atm, not sure what way it will go and how much yet.

Though this isnt a pure speedrun as I need to spend time showing stuff, may pure speedrun after.

I may cover DLC yea as I'm quite loving the game.

Not sure with the legends, I'll see what I can do along the way. I only put them together for myself, but better up here than nothing I thought. If I'm going to add legends, I would have to go all the way and add some interior Lorestones and such and a few other things otherwise I would feel like I'm doing half a job XD, I can't say for sure, but I'll try along the way.

Have you not played it yet then?? 

It's a pretty fun game, looks shallow upfront I think, but once you get into it, the gameplay gets real deep

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Optinooby said:

Have you not played it yet then?

I played it for about 10 minutes on Xbox 360 nearly a decade ago, but that was the limit of my experience. I was pretty excited about this being on PS+ until I found out there's a new paid DLC coming, so my interest has been stifled until more information is available (pricing, guides, etc).

1 hour ago, Helyx said:

I played it for about 10 minutes on Xbox 360 nearly a decade ago, but that was the limit of my experience. I was pretty excited about this being on PS+ until I found out there's a new paid DLC coming, so my interest has been stifled until more information is available (pricing, guides, etc).

I wouldn't be surprised if they released it along with a PS5 version, this DLC has been in the works for a long time, they must be planning something!!

1 hour ago, Kolm said:

@Optinooby It seems the 4 google drive images are all pointing to the same image instead of 4 different ones.

It's one of those games that I already wanted to play on PS3 but never got around to... let's hope I manage on PS4 :P

Sorry ;), fixed now (I think), there are only 2 maps btw so far, I have just linked a full size and reduced size version of each.

Hopefully, reminds me of Dragons Dogma

20 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Sorry ;), fixed now (I think), there are only 2 maps btw so far, I have just linked a full size and reduced size version of each.

Hopefully, reminds me of Dragons Dogma

Links are fixed, thanks! :)

And Dragons Dogma... another one of those games I didn't get around to yet... :o 

19 hours ago, Kolm said:

Links are fixed, thanks! :)

And Dragons Dogma... another one of those games I didn't get around to yet... :o 

I put another link up there, basically just numbers on the map to show you the route to get to level 6 without quests and discover all key fast travel points, plus a few extra things.

You need to pal, great games!!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

I put another link up there, basically just numbers on the map to show you the route to get to level 6 without quests and discover all key fast travel points, plus a few extra things.

You need to pal, great games!!

Great work! Keep it up :)

And I know... too many games and currently I'm not able to play intensive games or games with extensive/bulky content because I'm too tired atm.

1 hour ago, Kolm said:

Great work! Keep it up :)

And I know... too many games and currently I'm not able to play intensive games or games with extensive/bulky content because I'm too tired atm.

Tell me about it, the amount of great games we'll never have time to play ;(

52 minutes ago, JAK-KRIEG said:

@Optinooby when do you think the walkthrough will be done? Trying to plan when to start.

Going to be at least a few weeks think give or take a few days.

I'm about finished with God of War, literally 2 videos left to do, then I'm all in on KoA and can get real dug in!!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Tell me about it, the amount of great games we'll never have time to play ;(

Going to be at least a few weeks think give or take a few days.

I'm about finished with God of War, literally 2 videos left to do, then I'm all in on KoA and can get real dug in!!

Sounds good ?

Part 3 is about to go up, I'm adding this update post as I've added steps to the OP here on how to get overpowered within first 90 minutes without doing any quests and from only level 6. The build reduces damage by about 50% and makes you inflict crazy numbers  of damage on hard!! The bow deals 500 dmg, a single dagger attack deals 2000 damage and magic does even more, way more in fact!!

• Like 4

On 12/11/2021 at 4:53 PM, Optinooby said:

Part 3 is about to go up, I'm adding this update post as I've added steps to the OP here on how to get overpowered within first 90 minutes without doing any quests and from only level 6. The build reduces damage by about 50% and makes you inflict crazy numbers  of damage on hard!! The bow deals 500 dmg, a single dagger attack deals 2000 damage and magic does even more, way more in fact!!

Awesome looking forward to seeing it complete and diving into this gem again. Thanks for the update.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Mellenthin said:

Greetings,

I'm wondering how plausible it is for a first-timer to pull off a 16 hour run? Having to read and watch everything the guide entails, what would be a more accurate total time?

Thanks in advance!

if watching the videos, time spent watching I guess but us guide creators never think about the time you spend browsing, reading or watching ;)

There is nothing overly difficult, so maybe you could allow an extra 5 hours due to being new and in case of problems, so just after 20 hours maybe.

Bear in mind though, the DLC is almost as long as the platinum if going this fast ;(

15 hours ago, Optinooby said:

if watching the videos, time spent watching I guess but us guide creators never think about the time you spend browsing, reading or watching ;)

There is nothing overly difficult, so maybe you could allow an extra 5 hours due to being new and in case of problems, so just after 20 hours maybe.

Bear in mind though, the DLC is almost as long as the platinum if going this fast ;(

Exactly the information I wanted. Also looking forward to your Callisto guide by the way.?

Thanks!

• Like 1