Very nice surprise. What a great game

YokA_sun

Loved it. Still playing it to platinum. It's been a while since 100% is required in a JRPG. I miss that. 

As a Persona series die hard fan, this game is quite similar in the sense of comic fun and story driven day-by-day narration. 

Would love to see a third installment. Is there one?

This is the best SE game despite of all the FF titles. I mean this kind of games deserve to be made into AAA titles. Between Tales of Arise and this game, two most recent JRPGs I played, Neo easily won.

• Like 4

I don't know any similar with the day by day system like in Persona and Neo, but for JRPGs with a school setting Caligula overdose and Caligulae 2 are alright. Not as good as Persona but they are similar with the school theme and turn based battles. Persona is very unique, there aren't really any games like that with the strong social element. The SMT games are probably the closest with the demons looking the same as the Personas and shadows, but the gameplay and setting is different. 

Scarlet Nexus is an ok JRPG, similar to Tales with a typical anime story, but the combat is very good. I only played the Demo though, thinking of getting it if it goes on sale. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lava_Yuki said:

I don't know any similar with the day by day system like in Persona and Neo, but for JRPGs with a school setting Caligula overdose and Caligulae 2 are alright. Not as good as Persona but they are similar with the school theme and turn based battles. Persona is very unique, there aren't really any games like that with the strong social element. The SMT games are probably the closest with the demons looking the same as the Personas and shadows, but the gameplay and setting is different. 

Scarlet Nexus is an ok JRPG, similar to Tales with a typical anime story, but the combat is very good. I only played the Demo though, thinking of getting it if it goes on sale. 

Neo also has the theme that's quite like persona (I won't spoil the story). I find there are quite a lot of similarities between them (not the turn based battle of course).  I played Caligula and can't say I liked it much. When it comes to JRPGs, I would typically recommend Falcom rather than SE. Bandai and Sega comes next. Scarlet Nexus is good. I liked it. But anyway Neo TWEWY is not just a surprise as a game but also a surprise from SE. Now I can still put hopes in them. 

3 minutes ago, IntroPhenom said:

I'm glad to hear your praise.  A few YT videos left me uncertain, as the near constant dialogue at the beginning of the game and the zany map turned me off a bit, but something in my gut was telling me not to lose interest.  Perhaps I'll pick it up one day.

Yes it's quite slow in the beginning just like Persona 5 that once almost put me to sleep in the first 6 hours.haha.  Neo is certainly not for everyone, I do recommend it to any JRPG fans (Maybe I am last, since I never played the original NDS title).

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...