Virtuous cycle exploit

boromir120

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

sorry but how do you do this exploit? What do you mean a +1 damage item? I've found a +1 damage instict, but the tower can't be activated again.

Thank you.

EDIT: OK, found it. It was an "item" that gave me an instinct, pretty close to the beginning. Still a bit slow to built it up, but great founding!

Edited by breakXedge

• 9 months later...
  • 10 months later...
On 12/6/2022 at 11:08 PM, Hanashiteru said:

I can confirm that glich still works.

Optinoob got perfect seed for it. It was 620582
When u start there is a +1 dmg behind you.

Where exactly? I jumped into this seed a couple of times and couldn't find anything, checked out optinoobs video and that was for a Legendary Instinct. 

2 hours ago, DEMONICRUBLE18 said:

So is it the pillar I need to unlock it from not an item on the ground? Then I save and quit and I can go back to the pillar again and stack the damage? 

i dont recall, its been ages, I just somehow remember that depending on the upgrades you bought (like the ones to find rarer abilities as an example iirc), will permanently change what you find.

Though my guides, were mostly done with no upgrades or all upgrades so all should work providing u have all upgrades and same seeds etc

1 hour ago, Optinooby said:

i dont recall, its been ages, I just somehow remember that depending on the upgrades you bought (like the ones to find rarer abilities as an example iirc), will permanently change what you find.

Though my guides, were mostly done with no upgrades or all upgrades so all should work providing u have all upgrades and same seeds etc

I haven't done much of anything in the DLC yet I just jumped onto this to see if I could find this

On 2/15/2022 at 9:56 PM, breakXedge said:

sorry but how do you do this exploit? What do you mean a +1 damage item? I've found a +1 damage instict, but the tower can't be activated again.

Thank you.

EDIT: OK, found it. It was an "item" that gave me an instinct, pretty close to the beginning. Still a bit slow to built it up, but great founding!

But no idea what item they're talking about exactly or it's exact location. 

1 hour ago, DEMONICRUBLE18 said:

I haven't done much of anything in the DLC yet I just jumped onto this to see if I could find this

Maybe thats it then, somebody has said, "Do this and then get this" etc etc without realising impacts of any ability upgrades.

Likely because not many know, but there are some abilities that you can permanently unlocked like "Increase chance of finding rare skills" or whatever but they way they actually work, is they completely change skills you find and when.

So even though it "Increase Chance", thats not actually how it works, or back when i was testing stuff at least.

So say Pillar B always give you Strength +1 right, but then you unlock the upgrade to increase chance of finding rare skills. You would think Pillar B would still give Strength +1, but now has more chance of a rare skill to appear......... But no, instead, Pillar B will now ALWAYS give Speed +1 

Does that make sense, the % chance upgrades completely change what you find. So its likely, whoever you're watching, they have more upgrades than you because you said you just started and that's why you're not finding Strength where they are.

Like I say, not many know about this

4 hours ago, DEMONICRUBLE18 said:

Since you quoted me I'll try to explain. You're not looking for a tower. Towers can only be activated once. Instead, you have to find an "item" as a drop that gives you +1 damage. Once you find it, press ps and quit te game to dashboard. Upon loading back your game you'll have the collected damage but the item wil be in the ground, so collect it again and again and again.

I think I never used Opinooby's seed so I can't say.

On 10/31/2023 at 1:37 AM, Optinooby said:

Maybe thats it then, somebody has said, "Do this and then get this" etc etc without realising impacts of any ability upgrades.

Likely because not many know, but there are some abilities that you can permanently unlocked like "Increase chance of finding rare skills" or whatever but they way they actually work, is they completely change skills you find and when.

So even though it "Increase Chance", thats not actually how it works, or back when i was testing stuff at least.

So say Pillar B always give you Strength +1 right, but then you unlock the upgrade to increase chance of finding rare skills. You would think Pillar B would still give Strength +1, but now has more chance of a rare skill to appear......... But no, instead, Pillar B will now ALWAYS give Speed +1 

Does that make sense, the % chance upgrades completely change what you find. So its likely, whoever you're watching, they have more upgrades than you because you said you just started and that's why you're not finding Strength where they are.

Like I say, not many know about this

Yeah that makes sense. 

23 hours ago, breakXedge said:

Since you quoted me I'll try to explain. You're not looking for a tower. Towers can only be activated once. Instead, you have to find an "item" as a drop that gives you +1 damage. Once you find it, press ps and quit te game to dashboard. Upon loading back your game you'll have the collected damage but the item wil be in the ground, so collect it again and again and again.

I was unable to find the item when I first looked but saw opti was mentioned saw a video on his channel with the same seed but he didn't go for an item hence the confusion on my part. 

When you say find it as a drop do you mean an enemy drops it or is it just something on the ground? Any chance you could upload a quick YouTube video pointing out the exact seed and location as well as any modifiers you have that I may need? 

31 minutes ago, DEMONICRUBLE18 said:

Yeah that makes sense. 

I was unable to find the item when I first looked but saw opti was mentioned saw a video on his channel with the same seed but he didn't go for an item hence the confusion on my part. 

When you say find it as a drop do you mean an enemy drops it or is it just something on the ground? Any chance you could upload a quick YouTube video pointing out the exact seed and location as well as any modifiers you have that I may need? 

Oh, I did it more than a year ago, I don't have any videos recorded. But yes, enemies can drop different things, and one can be damage+1. You can also find it as an item. If you check the videos on the guide, on the first video in the no lifer trophy at 0:50, he finds stamina+1. Just the same but try to find damage+1.

I don't remember using any seed apart from the ones mentioned in the guide.

Edited by breakXedge

Sorry - i just realised that i was quoted.

I remember that in this seed the +1 attack was behind you. But it is not exacly behind. After you turn around It is laying on the ground on right side - just a few meters behind spawn.

But like Opti said i never realised that upgrades changed so much , hence i never mentioned that.

• 3 months later...
On 10/30/2023 at 11:45 AM, breakXedge said:

So this is a kind of old thread, but time is relative, so I figured I would chime in. I had finished the PS4 version of the game a while ago (August 8th of 2022, to be exact) and I had a hankering to play through the game again, but this time with the PS5 enhanced version. Anyway, today I was working on my obsidian run for the Virtuous Cycle and I had just seen this post yesterday so I thought I would check it out. I had just entered the Crypt of the Martyrs so I thought I would give this a try. My goal was that if I found a Damage+1, I would quit out to the dash (PS button long press) close the game, re-open the game, load my current save (then have to go and re-enter the reverie) and see what was what. So, I cleared everything up until right before the Enslaved Grisha cavern area, and right before that was a damage+1 on the ground next to a tower, so I grabbed both and then quit out. Everything up to that point was cleared. All the towers, all the items, and all the enemies (even the damn frogs). When I loaded back in and got back to the crypt, everything was back, but I also still had the skills at the levels that they were at when I quit out. Towers were back, items were back, and all the monsters were back. Everything that was an item on the ground or a tower were all the same thing the 2nd time around. Items dropped by enemies were clearly random still, but the main point is, even the towers came back. I was able to do this a few times with the same exact results. I do think this is timeboxed, though. One time I ended up going a little farther, entered the grisha cave, grabbed a few items from right before you "drop" into the arena, and quit out and that time, everything was gone. But, what this means is that even if you find the damage + items in a tower, if you quick out right after that, the tower will come back. The exploit is, basically, much better than I expected it to be. I was able to re-create this a few different times in other areas with the same results (towers coming back). In fact, I fought the Enslaved Grisha a few times in that one run due to the fact that even that mini-boss came back after killing him if I quit out not long after that. 

So, as a reminder, I only just tried this today and only on the PS5 version of this game (which I think is on PSN+) so due to the way the PS5 version handles saves, this may only be true for the PS5 version. It is possible that the PS4 version can be used for the items on the ground and not the towers as it may save the state of towers differently than the PS5 does. 

• Like 1