Anybody affected by the black screen?

RinkuKulkan

Probably already heard the news. (https://www.gamesradar.com/skyrim-anniversary-edition-loads-so-fast-its-making-some-mods-break-the-game/). But long story short; wtih the release of Skyrim: Anniversary edition, the Anniversary Update for Skyrim: SE, brought some new problems. Most infamously the "black screen", which happens everytime someone tries to load a quicksave or autosave from the previous version with the Anniversary update. New games or manual saves are unaffected. (Edit: Apparently even manual saves were affected as well). 

This update affects everyone. People on PC, current gen and old gen consoles. People with mods and without mods. People who bought the Anniversary Edition and people who didn´t. 

My luck has it that I´ve being using quicksave for the remainder of my plat playthrough, so I have no manual saves for it, I literrally have to start a new game, or wait for a patch to fix it.

People have already found fixes for this problem. So if you have this issue, and a phisical copy of the game, you most likely will be able to fix it.

But if you are in my situation, tough luck. We can only wait or start over 

Use manual saves, don´t be like me

Edit 22/11/2021: Today a new patched rolled on consoles. This apparently solves the black screen issue. I log into my save and I can play again. This seems to be FIXED. 

Edited by Rinku_Starth
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rinku_Starth said:

Bethesda has aknowledge the bug, but they say there´s no date for the fix in the near future. 

Well that's a pretty shitty answer from a developer, saying you know of the problem but have no plan to address it anytime soon....guess better no answer at all.

• Like 1

As this issue is pretty common with the next gen versions, I highly encourage all players to regularily save the game every thirty minutes. Or even better, just wait until Bethesda fixes this as it can literally destroy your game experience both mentally and in-game. 

There's a current issue in the PS5 vanilla version (not a transfered file from PS4, no mods, no anniversary upgrade!) where the game changes to a black screen after loading a save file. U can hear the sound from the loaded file but the screen just turns black with some fog swirling around and the controls being locked. 

Does anybody now how to fix this? I already found out that the save data is not broken. Also, everything after my 4th save file does work, so the saves that won't load for me are "quicksave" and "autosave" 1 to 3. They were all saved in a time span of 5 minutes, i think this is some important information. Also if you are thinking that it has something to do with the saves being no manually saved one's, it doesnt. There are many reports of regular Saves also having this problem.

Edited by emre0503

10 hours ago, Rinku_Starth said:

Bethesda has aknowledge the bug, but they say there´s no date for the fix in the near future. 

That answer must be a fucking Joke right? They release a PS5 Version on their TEN YEAR ANNIVERSARY and won't fix a damn game breaking bug "in the near future" despite their awareness? What the actual fuck?

2 minutes ago, emre0503 said:

That answer must be a fucking Joke right? They release a PS5 Version on their TEN YEAR ANNIVERSARY and won't fix a damn game breaking bug "in the near future" despite their awareness? What the actual fuck?

That's Bethesda in a nutshell. I can't think of a single game they have developed or published which doesn't have at least 1 game breaking bug that never got fixed, despite high awareness of the issue and numerous filed reports.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Sunnyburrito said:

Well that's a pretty shitty answer from a developer, saying you know of the problem but have no plan to address it anytime soon....guess better no answer at all.

I´ve seen this debate in many games. Buggysoft (Ubisoft) is an expert in this. Their games always go through the same cycle. Game breaking bug > "we are aware of the problem but we have no date" > "why even bother to respond?" > Fix your game Buggysoft. Well, the thing is, no matter what they do, they are in the deep. Their game is broken, they need to fix it. Talking about it won´t do much, but in PR, its usually best to put out the fire as soon as posible. 9/10 times, if you don´t do damage control things will get worse. 

That being said. Bethesda is in no possition to be defended. Their work is trash, their Costumer support is trash, Their timing is trash. I stopped buying Bethesda games because of this. The only game they stopped messing around for a while, recieves a game breaking update. There´s no chance I´ll even consider buying the AE after this. 

Edited by Rinku_Starth

On 11/21/2021 at 5:32 AM, mika8276 said:

I’m having the black screen issue with a manual save, i always use manual saves

this happened to me during the Civil War quest line

a patch in the works

https://www.gamesradar.com/skyrim-anniversary-edition-bug-fixes-should-arrive-early-next-week/

Hopefully it comes soon and works. Also, not cause new problems! 

Edited by MidnightDragon