Trophy Thoughts

Patrickosan

Im 65% the way through the trophies, enjoying the game quite a bit, the rest I need to clean up seems straight forward enough. Seems you can get them all on the easiest settings too. It'll just take some time to reach the days and population amounts. The one that might be a bit of a pain is the Catastrofan trophies due to light spoilers. 

Spoiler

If you complete the bunker fully, you remove all catastrophes from the playthrough, except winter. When I completed my bunker at first I hadn't even reached 15 yet, and you need 30 total for the gold.

Edit: Actually I forgot you can up the frequency of catastrophes at the start of the game.

Edited by Casey_Jonez
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was running this on medium.. tell ya what it's not easy. (75% difficulty) have yet to find a complex component DEPO on map so I can do adv. Buildings.

But aside from trophy's that state 'in one playthrough' you can quickly get some trophy's by resetting.  

Got 'explore x locations' on my 3rd town reset and only 2 places searched.

How ever 

As stated above it does appear that if ya play on easy w/ high catastrophe. You can do full trophy list in one playthrough.

I started the game on a higher difficulty and got wrecked maybe 20 days in, so it can get pretty tough the more difficult you chose it to be.

Have since started on an easier difficulty and have been having a blast. It’s definitely doable to do everything on one playthrough quite easily. Only regret was not putting the catastrophes up to be more frequent- have had 12 in 144 days so I’m just delaying building the bunker and should be able to still get the trophy anyway. Not too worried as have to play for 365 days for one of the trophies anyway.

Nothing is missable and you can just play for fun basically and get nearly everything without trying. Only ones I’ve really missed getting in the single playthrough is some like Sky Burial- letting a corpse decay without being buried, but those sorts of ones it will be easy to start a new game and get fairly quick.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Blackmist_FFXI said:

Any of y'all had any issues getting the Eden trophy? 

I got 10 ish fields and ~8 green houses each one has something different growing.

Do I need 8 of the same crop?

' unsure if flax/sunflowers ext count as crop

I didn't have issues- when I got the trophy I had 6 large fields each growing something unique (carrots/potatos/cabbage/corn/wheat/soybeans) and 4 small- 2 each growing flax & sunflowers so they definitely count

On 12/4/2021 at 10:18 PM, igs63 said:

I didn't have issues- when I got the trophy I had 6 large fields each growing something unique (carrots/potatos/cabbage/corn/wheat/soybeans) and 4 small- 2 each growing flax & sunflowers so they definitely count

Yeah I looked it up on Xbox achievements true achievements whatever and the only guide for that particular trophy says that you have to have all eight growing at the same time so I assume having eight empty fields or greenhouses pause the game and then plant all eight at the same time however I do definitely have multiple of each growing and it hasn't poped

Might try again on new file

Hi all,

Can't find sandworms. Finished a normal playthrough and started a New game with barren settlement medium difficulty and still can't find one. Any tips on how to find one?

I used the overlay for living creatures to scan.

Edited by BigPadre
  • Like 1

• 10 months later...

I "finished" the 1st DLC trophy pack yesterday. All in all, the trophies really aren't very hard at all once you get the hang of the game. I completed the +250% difficulty trophy without any real issues.

The hardest trophy of the lot is probably the Cold Rush scenario but even that one isn't too bad once you know what needs to happen. The key in that scenario for me was to just demolish most the tech buildings in the final few days to get the last components I was missing for the train...

That being said: I did play my original game on only 75% difficulty or something and I found the learning curve to be very steep and a lot of things were to be found out on your own. Especially the tech tree for example... on my first play I had several occasions where I researched & tech en then when I got it, I learned I needed to research 4 techs in a different tree to be able to use that building in the first place. The game has a few sensitivity's you need to be aware of before you start the 250% playthrough, mostly surrounding build orders, research prioritisation & learning which recources are more valueable (more important/harder to come by) then others.

All in all, I liked this game. But the 365 day playthrough was waaay too long. I pretty much cleaned all the main trophies at day 200 or something and then I just had to grind out another 165days.

One important thing I noticed also: do not run this game directly out of energy saving mode on a regular PS4 at least. I really messes things up performance wise. Always launch the game from scratch every time you start your PS4. Maybe this isn't an issue on the PS4 Pro & the PS5, I don't know.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

For a management/strategy game, the list is pretty easy and quick. I completed the platinum of the base game on the default settings on my first try. There were a few dicey moments, but nothing that was ever too bad to overcome. Surviving Mars, another survival management game from Paradox, was tougher but still not too bad. I don't think the game would be prohibitively difficult to anyone willing to go through the learning curve.

• Like 1