Which one should I buy?

Pottercito_

I am seeing at Black Friday Section that "Destiny 2 Legendary Edition" includes all DLCs and it is on 60% save. My question is: if I buy this, platinum and 100% wil be less grindy? Is it worty it?

The othher question is, is this game 100% achievable without any DLC? Or Do I need Forsaken DlC obligatory for any trophy of the DLC? Thanks in advance

Edited by Pottercito_
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

You need the Forsaken DLC for the 100% but one of the trophies will be rendered temporarily unobtainable next month when the Forsaken storyline gets vaulted and some of that content goes F2P so I would wait and see what happens, before pulling the trigger on anything now.

It gets vaulted 22nd February. The only thing going F2P is the campaign. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HuntingFever said:

I must be on something, because I could have sworn the Forsaken DLC was being vaulted next month 1f633.png.

What they are doing is just making the campaign free and then vaulting that. The strikes, raid and gambit will then be sold as a separate purchase (free for those that already own forsaken)

40 minutes ago, Pottercito_ said:

I am seeing at Black Friday Section that "Destiny 2 Legendary Edition" includes all DLCs and it is on 60% save. My question is: if I buy this, platinum and 100% wil be less grindy? Is it worty it?

The othher question is, is this game 100% achievable without any DLC? Or Do I need Forsaken DlC obligatory for any trophy of the DLC? Thanks in advance

It will be a bit less of a grind, but only if you play everything, know what you're doing, have a group to play with and are good at the game. I just spent 3 weeks playing every day just trying to level up. Its a miserable experience because the game will constantly screw you over and give you the same gear slot reward meaning you level up nothing. You have to get to level 1345 just to be able to attempt Grand Master Nightfalls. If you get nothing from the weekly reset you have to then wait another week to try level up just a little bit. 

4 hours ago, GUDGER666 said:

What they are doing is just making the campaign free and then vaulting that. The strikes, raid and gambit will then be sold as a separate purchase (free for those that already own forsaken)

It will be a bit less of a grind, but only if you play everything, know what you're doing, have a group to play with and are good at the game. I just spent 3 weeks playing every day just trying to level up. Its a miserable experience because the game will constantly screw you over and give you the same gear slot reward meaning you level up nothing. You have to get to level 1345 just to be able to attempt Grand Master Nightfalls. If you get nothing from the weekly reset you have to then wait another week to try level up just a little bit. 

So do you mean that for the raids, and the strikes I need DLC Forsaken bought? It is currently in sale, I should pick that one then...  

20 minutes ago, Pottercito_ said:

So do you mean that for the raids, and the strikes I need DLC Forsaken bought? It is currently in sale, I should pick that one then...  

Each DLC has its own strikes and raids. If you want 100% then you have to buy the Forsaken anyway. The Nightfalls change each week and you need that Nightfalls DLC. 

• Like 1

On 11/21/2021 at 9:08 PM, Pottercito_ said:

Do I need two DLC's for 100%? Forsaken and Nightfalls?

There is no DLC for just nightfalls. The paid DLC packs Bungie release are modeled around their annual story/content updates to the main game. Those DLCs are Forsaken, Shadowkeep, Beyond Light, and coming on 22 February Witch Queen (with an extra DLC dropping in two weeks). Forsaken is the only one with trophies.

Starting on 7 December, Bungie will be pulling the Forsaken DLC from the store and replacing it with two different DLCs - one free and one paid. The free DLC will be the Forsaken campaign, which you need for one of the Forsaken trophies and which will only be available until 22 February when the Forsaken campaign gets vaulted. The paid DLC will be called "The Forsaken Pack", will give access to the paid content that's staying in the game (Last Wish raid, Shattered Throne dungeon, and some of the Forsaken exotics) which is associated with the rest of the DLC trophies, and will not be going away. No idea what the price will be for the new Forsaken Pack DLC since Bungie haven't said yet.

If you buy Forsaken now, before 7 December, you'll automatically receive the two new DLCs on 7 December.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Alindawyl said:

There is no DLC for just nightfalls. The paid DLC packs Bungie release are modeled around their annual story/content updates to the main game. Those DLCs are Forsaken, Shadowkeep, Beyond Light, and coming on 22 February Witch Queen (with an extra DLC dropping in two weeks). Forsaken is the only one with trophies.

Starting on 7 December, Bungie will be pulling the Forsaken DLC from the store and replacing it with two different DLCs - one free and one paid. The free DLC will be the Forsaken campaign, which you need for one of the Forsaken trophies and which will only be available until 22 February when the Forsaken campaign gets vaulted. The paid DLC will be called "The Forsaken Pack", will give access to the paid content that's staying in the game (Last Wish raid, Shattered Throne dungeon, and some of the Forsaken exotics) which is associated with the rest of the DLC trophies, and will not be going away. No idea what the price will be for the new Forsaken Pack DLC since Bungie haven't said yet.

If you buy Forsaken now, before 7 December, you'll automatically receive the two new DLCs on 7 December.

Thank you so much for that information! You saved my day xDD. How much does it take to complete Forsaken storyline? Since I am interested in doing some games in vacations as well so I will just do the storyline for the possible-unobtainable trophy and then moving onto other games