How to reach level 99 in 400 hours (250 hours once /playerX is added)

NathanielJohn

2 minutes ago, Rando-Calrisian- said:

You really start to feel the grind once you hit L94. You need over 1000+ runs per level at that stage. Im at L96.3 at the moment. Once we're at L97 we're only half-way! That's with saving Hell ancients as well.

Does Uber Diablo's XP cap out at player 2 or player 3?

Caps at player 3, but at my level at least, the xp difference between players 2 and 3 is negligible for the extra effort involved in killing him. You'd have to test it at your level to see the if P3 is worth the extra effort, but i doubt it is. I'm in pretty scuffed gear, with a mediocre map layout and I'm still hitting 50-60 second runs every run with p2, p3 takes a noticeable amount longer although ive not timed the difference. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, t-H-3_d-O-u-G said:

Caps at player 3, but at my level at least, the xp difference between players 2 and 3 is negligible for the extra effort involved in killing him. You'd have to test it at your level to see the if P3 is worth the extra effort, but i doubt it is. I'm in pretty scuffed gear, with a mediocre map layout and I'm still hitting 50-60 second runs every run with p2, p3 takes a noticeable amount longer although ive not timed the difference. 

Ah ok, thought so. I'm at just over 60s per run on Player 3 but my Smiter is bascially completely decked out (minus Guilliams Face which never dropped).

I spent a lot of time farming Mephisto before my SoJ dropped.

51 minutes ago, t-H-3_d-O-u-G said:

As far as I remember, if I did the math correctly, you have to do one extra D Clone Run on P2 every 1000 runs to make up for the XP you lost if you played it on P3. That's how negligible the gain is from P2 to P3 so it's really not worth the extra HP and Damage he gets upping him from P2 - P3

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rando-Calrisian- said:

Ah ok, thought so. I'm at just over 60s per run on Player 3 but my Smiter is bascially completely decked out (minus Guilliams Face which never dropped).

I spent a lot of time farming Mephisto before my SoJ dropped.

These are some figures from page 1 of this thread 

"

When doing this method with /playersX, you should only be using /players 3 or maybe even just /players 2 anyway. Higher values won't give you more XP, since there is an XP cap per enemy.

DClone XP on /players 1: 5539200

DClone XP on /players 2: 8308800

DClone XP on /players 3 (and higher): 8388608 
"

you can see the pretty minimal difference between P2/P3, how that scales at each level i dont know but i'd imagine the ratio stays pretty similar.

Edited by t-H-3_d-O-u-G
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rando-Calrisian- said:

Technically players 3 but it’s such a small difference as to not really matter. It’s something like 8.2 million xp on players 2 versus 8.3 million on players 3.

Edit: ninja’d by post above mine. And yes the ratio stays the same at every level.

Edited by NathanielJohn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rando-Calrisian- said:

According to the exp calculator on the maxroll website, DClone (with a 10% Annihilus charm) gives 47,704 exp in p2 and 48,166 exp on p3. The exp caps on p3. These numbers are based on being level 98.

Edited by Vextens
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Are they still working on adding content to the game? I assume they would but it may be delicate since it's a remake and not entirely a new game...

But I did all three versions of Diablo 3, the first one (vanilla) was really grindy and the higher difficulties weren't easy to tackle. The second, RoS "vanilla" (that was on PS3 which didn't get the content updates that came after) was way easier. Part of it being it had different trophies, that played a major role of course, but also the fact it had new difficulty tiers and contents made it way easier to get fast xp and rare drops, and the necro class that was kinda OP and fast. Then you had RoS PS4 which added even more difficulty tiers, greater rifts, the horadric cube which made anything and everything even easier.

It could be a possibility that the same happens to D2 eventually, what do you think? They added the playerX thing so that's a start.

I guess only time will tell, but at the point we're at I can't even imagine doing more than a couple hundred runs and even that is pushing it, so 20k runs I won't even try.

11 hours ago, GastNDorf said:

Are they still working on adding content to the game? I assume they would but it may be delicate since it's a remake and not entirely a new game...

They just started ladder season 1. They also readjusted some of the classes making some builds that were previously unviable for hell now quite good. One or two extra runewords. But like you said, small changes, nothing major. 

Playing the game again just to experience hell difficulty with a fist of heaven paladin may not be worth it. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just hit lvl 98 and thought i'd throw my XP numbers here for the last couple levels using this method.

With a 10% Ani charm, killing Dclone on players 2, getting an  XP shrine approximately 60% of runs.
Xp should be accurate within a couple hundred xp due to odd trash killed here and there on the way to Dclone.

At lvl 96 With XP shrine - 124,753

No shrine - 85,000

At lvl 97 With XP shrine - 91,759
                      No shrine - 63,048

At lvl 98 With XP shrine - 69,405
                      No shrine - 47,709

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, RavensRuin said:

Considering FoH Smiter Paladin is viable now, this may of just gotten easier.

https://d2.maxroll.gg/guides/fist-of-the-heavens-paladin

On this site under > Build Variants > Tri Bryd it claims it combines the best of both the Hammerdin and Smiterdin.

I think this build would have been much faster for farming Elites and Hell Andy, Meph and Diablo (saving hell Baal until L98 for hell ancients). 

The main question is, can it kill Diablo Clone faster than a regular Smiterdin?

I think I'm gonna start this one since it's on sale. Good info here, but I'm curious if I should play it on the PS4, PS5, or both. It looks like the PS5 has faster load times, but the PS4 is easier to dupe rings? Also, can the solo HC saves be transferred between the two? Say, for instance, I start on the PS4 to get the ring and dupe it...then move to the PS5 for the rest. Also curious if that last level 99 hardcore trophy can be unlocked on both versions with one character grind.

Cheers

14 hours ago, ThatDrunkGuy said:

I think I'm gonna start this one since it's on sale. Good info here, but I'm curious if I should play it on the PS4, PS5, or both. It looks like the PS5 has faster load times, but the PS4 is easier to dupe rings? Also, can the solo HC saves be transferred between the two? Say, for instance, I start on the PS4 to get the ring and dupe it...then move to the PS5 for the rest. Also curious if that last level 99 hardcore trophy can be unlocked on both versions with one character grind.

Cheers

In my opinion, playing the PS4 version on a PS5 console is the best method. Fast load times from the console and easier duping due to discrete save files. Save files are only transferable for online characters at which point the save file is stored on Blizzard servers so no duping. Duping can only be done offline. Lastly, the trophy pops when the character levels up to 99 and not just by being 99 so no grinding one character online for both stacks. 

On 5/31/2022 at 5:28 PM, Vextens said:

Please explain. 

Pretty much what Rando said after your comment.  MrLlamaSC also claims it combines the best of both, but I will let you guys know how the clear speed is when I get to getting my paladin up.  

23 hours ago, Joepelus said:

After having my 6th hardcore character die im considering starting this route.

Are the steps in the first post still accurate & is duping possible on ps5?

Basically all still accurate except as of the most recent ladder patch the fist of heaven smiter paladin is now a viable build. So it may be a bit faster at clearing hoards and farming items needed.

The bulk of the time if doing Uber diablo runs after SoJ gets duplicated. Farming for an SoJ is also particularly brutal. 

As far as I'm aware the dupe still works on PS5.

40 minutes ago, Rando-Calrisian- said:

Basically all still accurate except as of the most recent ladder patch the fist of heaven smiter paladin is now a viable build. So it may be a bit faster at clearing hoards and farming items needed.

The bulk of the time if doing Uber diablo runs after SoJ gets duplicated. Farming for an SoJ is also particularly brutal. 

As far as I'm aware the dupe still works on PS5.

Thanks, 250 hours seems pretty doable to be honest!

Combine it with Netflix or a podcast and it might even be fun.

• 3 weeks later...
On 31/05/2022 at 11:58 AM, RavensRuin said:

Considering FoH Smiter Paladin is viable now, this may of just gotten easier.

Yes, helped some way, you can do better Xp/Minute doing CS with a hammerdin than doing Dclone (until lvl 97), on lower levels the diference of Xp is higher

For Ex:

At level 92 i did 7M of Xp doing 2 SEALS of CS  (you can do it in 3-4 minutes, with PS4 loads, if well equipped) * i did in 8 min, cause i was playing without dupping

At level 92 - you do 260K doing DCLONE

At level 94 - i did about 2M per Run on CS (p/8)

At level 94 - DCLONE gives 150k/220k

At. level 97 - i can do 200k Xp rushing to seals + Diablo (3 minutes, on a PS4, probally 2 minutes on a PS5)

Now you can do it using FOH smitter, its a lot easier and safe to kill Lord de Seis

BTW, every fasting killing method (nitt, DCLONE, travincal) will be a lot more inefficient on PS4, beacause of the 45-50 seconds of loandings T.T

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ampki said:

Anybody know how to do the dupe on ps5 ? I can’t seem to find a separate save file for stash. 

Unfortunately, there are not distinct save files on the PS5 so the duplication method is much more complicated on the PS5. I, myself, have not gotten it to work. It involves playing offline and utilizing the game's autosave system at specific times. The relevant thread is as follows. Good luck.

NEW and "100%" workable dupe method for offline mode (Tested on PS5) - Page 3 - Diablo II: Resurrected - PSNProfiles

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vextens said:

Unfortunately, there are not distinct save files on the PS5 so the duplication method is much more complicated on the PS5. I, myself, have not gotten it to work. It involves playing offline and utilizing the game's autosave system at specific times. The relevant thread is as follows. Good luck.

NEW and "100%" workable dupe method for offline mode (Tested on PS5) - Page 3 - Diablo II: Resurrected - PSNProfiles

I see thank you. Wanting to play this so bad but my dam OCD won’t let me if I can’t platinum it haha

On 6/25/2022 at 3:42 AM, nabinha said:

Yes, helped some way, you can do better Xp/Minute doing CS with a hammerdin than doing Dclone (until lvl 97), on lower levels the diference of Xp is higher

For Ex:

At level 92 i did 7M of Xp doing 2 SEALS of CS  (you can do it in 3-4 minutes, with PS4 loads, if well equipped) * i did in 8 min, cause i was playing without dupping

At level 92 - you do 260K doing DCLONE

At level 94 - i did about 2M per Run on CS (p/8)

At level 94 - DCLONE gives 150k/220k

At. level 97 - i can do 200k Xp rushing to seals + Diablo (3 minutes, on a PS4, probally 2 minutes on a PS5)

Now you can do it using FOH smitter, its a lot easier and safe to kill Lord de Seis

BTW, every fasting killing method (nitt, DCLONE, travincal) will be a lot more inefficient on PS4, beacause of the 45-50 seconds of loandings T.T

Thanks for this. 

I may try switching to FOH paladin for the last two levels. DClone on L97 gives about 61k XP and takes about 50s on PS5. 

According to your post should be slightly faster. 

At the very least will be a welcome change from smiting DClone over and over. 

• Like 1

Farming Diablo Clone may be not the fastest way to get to lvl 99, especially in lvl 97 and 98.

DC exp capped at p3, and the exp gap between p2 and p3 is very small, so when I'm in lvl97:

Each p2 Diablo Clone kill gives me about 92k-93k exp, with exp shrine of course. Every game session time(from entering the game and exit)  is about 2min-3min, depends on how fast I can find the exp shrine. And sometimes there is no shrine at all.

p8 2 seals only CS run gives me 70k-80k exp. Game session time is about 1min-1.5min. If I optimize my FoH/BH paladin gear to 125 fcr I think it's easy to push the time under 1min.

Also tried p8 Throne+Baal run with fully geared up Zealadin build and it gives me about 280k-290k exp, but it's very time consuming. Session time is 5min-6min or even longer if you have the Stone Skin modifier in the last wave of throne.

So if you are in lvl 95-98, p8 2 seals only CS run is the fastest. When you reach lvl 98, all the monsters, except Diablo, Nihlathak, Baal and DC, will give you literally zero exp, then you can farm p7 Diablo(exp capped at p7, 2min with 54k-55k exp), p8 Nihlathak(40-50 sec with 25k-28k exp) or p2 DC(2-3min 70k exp with exp shrine). Seems p8 Nihlathak is still a little bit faster if you can kill it in 50 sec.

Edited by kloudmuka
  • Like 1