Level packs required?

visighost

At 3 stars available per level and 12 levels per pack, 4 packs + the 12 first free levels would give you the possibility of 180 stars to get 150 out of. 3 packs + the free ones only has 144. 180 gives you some leeway to get only 2 stars in some levels.

However, from playing the game on an alt account to try it before deciding not to commit to it on my main, it showed that if you got 36 stars in the first 12 free levels, it would unlock the next pack. Same with getting 72 stars to unlock pack 3 and so on. The PS stores lists it as "In game purchases optional" so you are able to earn the packs in game but buying them is a quicker process.

If you grinded and persevered, you can get the plat for free but some of the later levels in the first 12 looks absolutely ridiculous. Dread to think what the ones in the following packs are like.

• Like 4

Came here to say you don't need to buy any, but the game is fairly tricky and will take some effort. It will be a hell of a lot easier if you buy the packs as otherwise you need to get all satrs on the previous pack to unlock the next meaning you can't skip anything until the final pack. It's essentially set up to force you to spend money if you come across a level that you just really don't get along with. For me that level is level 3-7 right now.

Edited by jpwbjpwb
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/1/2021 at 7:03 PM, jpwbjpwb said:

Came here to say you don't need to buy any, but the game is fairly tricky and will take some effort. It will be a hell of a lot easier if you buy the packs as otherwise you need to get all satrs on the previous pack to unlock the next meaning you can't skip anything until the final pack. It's essentially set up to force you to spend money if you come across a level that you just really don't get along with. For me that level is level 3-7 right now.

Sooo how did you end up getting 3 stars on 3-7? I can see myself doing it without losing lives if I'm really patient, but the time limit seems nearly impossible without incredible luck. That enemy that brings blocks back after you remove them is really annoying.

9 hours ago, MattPieti said:

Sooo how did you end up getting 3 stars on 3-7? I can see myself doing it without losing lives if I'm really patient, but the time limit seems nearly impossible without incredible luck. That enemy that brings blocks back after you remove them is really annoying.

I'm afraid that it was pretty much all luck. I took the strategy of trapping all the enemies on 1 side of the level and then slowly boxing them in more to get the remaining coverage needed. This one level took me several days of playing it until I got lucky and I was able to finish the whole game fairly quick after this.

Unfortunately the levels are in no way ordered by difficulty and it just so happens that this is the hardest in the game IMO. That said, the game is generally fairly tricky. I spoke with some of the other players who managed 100 stars at the time and some admitted that they had bought the level packs and so could afford to miss a few levels like this one.

• 2 months later...

Hey puzzle fanatics;

my advice is that AgentSmiz has made a little mistake in calculations:

all together the game has 6 level packs with 12 levels each, not just 5

every level has 3 stars available, makes a total of 6x12x3=216 stars

also the next pack will unlock when you collect 18 stars, not 36, if you buy the game

I am actually watching my stars collection and have got all 36 stars in pack 1,

but still missing 12 stars in pack 2, 17 stars in pack 3, 13 stars in pack 4...

unfortunately there is no platinum here, anyway the 100% is totally doable without buying level packs since you get

1 star for solving the map, another one if you don't die, another one if you manage before the timer runs out

For me the price and subject was reason enough to buy the game and I was very addicted to it,

at least until unlocking 150 stars. Still didn't solve 4 levels, including 3-7, those BIG ENEMIES...

Good luck everyone

CAUTION
the free downloadable NA and EU versions really have got that super hard setting of 36 stars needed to unlock the next level pack,

so go buy the game, makes it much easier!

Edited by theGoon44
comparing NA and EU versions, free and cheap versions
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...
On 02/03/2022 at 9:34 AM, theGoon44 said:

also the next pack will unlock when you collect 18 stars, not 36, if you buy the game

Hi there, just wondering which version that may be or of it matters.

I see 2 priced up versions of Xposed Reloaded in the store, both are priced £1.69. One just says Xposed Reloaded whilst the other adds Deciphered Edition. The store descriptions are identical so I'm wondering if it matters which and what if anything is different between those versions.

There's also a bundle with a random cat avatar which contains the Deciphered Edition for the same price xD.

52 minutes ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

Hi there, just wondering which version that may be or of it matters.

I see 2 priced up versions of Xposed Reloaded in the store, both are priced £1.69. One just says Xposed Reloaded whilst the other adds Deciphered Edition. The store descriptions are identical so I'm wondering if it matters which and what if anything is different between those versions.

There's also a bundle with a random cat avatar which contains the Deciphered Edition for the same price xD.

I don't think there is a difference.  I actually bought the deciphered edition and it really doesn't have anything noticeably different that I can tell.  Granted I haven't compared to the other purchase, yet it doesn't even say Deciphered anywhere upon downloading it and loading it up.  

• Like 1