Does metro play like cod but with rpg elements?

Hvalpen

10 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

It doesn't really play like fallout or call of duty. The game is very methodical with slow exploration and rewards it. You can always go loud, or stealth through sections without needing to kill anyone

I worded it badly. I guess I'm asking if it's an open world fps that Controls like an fps shooter, like cod. 

36 minutes ago, Hvalpen said:

I'm on the fence about buying the saga that is currently on sale. I would be very much into it if it controls like cod.

Basically is it more cod than fallout, is what I'm asking? Since i really don't care for the latter

nope. it plays a lot different to other games more closer to Stalker Shadow of Chernobyl with elements from Crisis due to the fact you can change your weapons parts and so on, on the fly but it is a good game. it is slow and rewarding to those who search every nook and cranny for things and the story of the game is very thought provoking in some parts mostly in the past games and some in this. It does have controls like any normal fps though just abit more in depth

Edited by Lonemankane
  • Like 2

Metro has a more distinct control scheme than most games do nowadays. Sure the shooting is pretty straight forward but all the other buttons are used differently, and the game doesn't hold your hand and explain everything to you. You'll have to maintain your weapons  and watch your resources. You play through fairly linear levels instead of an open world; Exodus though has some quite large almost open world size levels which while decent, don't compare to the claustrophobic feel of the underground metro. It is not a straight up FPS like CoD.

Edited by da-Noob123

It's not a one open world. ( I originally thought that too)

It has 6 major levels, of which 2 are sand boxes, where exploring for better gear and collectibles make the bulk of the experience. 

In between levels, you get interlude chapters to better know your crew. 

Shooting mechanics are good but your weapons can jam if you don't maintain them, along with other minor survival mechanics.